Hinge replacement or shell replacement?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by meetycheesy20037, Dec 10, 2008.

Dec 10, 2008
  1. meetycheesy20037
    OP

Newcomer meetycheesy20037 Newbie

United States
    My DSL has a crack on the right side screen near the hinge. This is the right side when the DSL is facing you. Unlike others and pictures that I've seen, my hinge is not cracked. The hinge is still in one piece without any cracks. The screen flops open and doesn't do the clicks. It only opens all the way or close.

I'm not sure if I need to replacement the shell or the replacement hinge. Has anybody else had the same problem or have experience in this would greatly be appreciated.

I'll try to attach a link to to the picture when I get home.

2. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
  3. meetycheesy20037
    OP

United States
    It's not. It's a crimson red/black one.

If you look at step 12 where the guy is holding the hinge itself. I'm assuming that's the right clicky hinge. If you look to the left of that, the upper screen shell. The portion around the little gold thing is what's broken.

I guess the other questions is, if I buy a shell replacement, does it already have the hinge and everything i need? I can't tell from the descriptions. For example the link below is what I'm looking for. A clear shell, but there no reference to the hinge parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Full-Replacement-Shell...93%3A1|294%3A50

4. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    a full replacement shell would have everything, including a hinge.

5. meetycheesy20037
    OP

United States
    Ah ok. That would be awesome then.

As a side note, I was looking for a clear shell and dam it, if DealsExtreme make it hard to look for one. I type in Clear shell, blah blah blah, and I could never find one. I thought they didn't sell one and so had to go to Amazon/Ebay to look for one. Apparently they have it listed as " TRANSLUCENT". Why I outta... [​IMG]

6. gameworm2.0

Newcomer gameworm2.0 Member

United States
    What a coincidence, your problem and mine are almost identical and happened at almost the same time. I also have a crimson/black dslite and the screen just started flopping like you described. There is a crack though, and it's right on the seam on the right side. Is dealextreme the best place to get a new shell, and how good are they, or is there a better place to go?

7. iPikachu

Member iPikachu C3's personal flamebot and fail artist

Singapore
    add me to the list, mine's a cobaltblue/black DS also RIGHT hinge a part of it came out, my ds is flopping like hell.

8. ComplicatioN

Member ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

Australia
    i broke my turn on button lol

9. Mohawkinist

Newcomer Mohawkinist Member

Canada

how in the world did u do that? did you let it flick back all the time?

It seems, the Crimson, Cobalt and White DS's are the ones that seem to have that infamous crack, I should've got a black one [​IMG]