Hacking Highly considering purchasing a R4i Gold 3DS..(Help)

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently found out my AceKard 2i might be a clone and though it works I'd like to have a back up flash cart just in case. I've chosen this time to go with R4i Gold 3DS. I plan on purchasing on Real Hot Stuff after searching around most places the total price comes to 18+ dollars and some places include shipping on top of that. However on Real Hot Stuff it is giving me free shipping and they ship from NJ which is where I live so that is why I am going with them.

Now upon purchasing this card, will it work pretty much..For good? Like Forever? That might sound kind of stupid I guess lol. I guess what I'm saying is, if the 3DS firmware is updated and I get this card would whatever the flash carts firmware is have to be updated as well in order to be used with the latest 3DS firmware?

Also could anyone point out if this is possibly a legit cart? I'd appreciate an answer as soon as possible, I plan on placing my order on Monday morning so I may get my flash cart by the end of the week before I get my 3DS.

Real Hot Stuff Link
http://www.realhotstuff.com/gold-free-shipping-p-519.html

Thanks for the help I do appreciate it.

--TearGod aka Nick.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AceKards are a little over $12 and they're all official if you get it through the shops on shoptemp. All it'll take is one update to basically kill that r4i 3ds and there doesn't seem to be an actual team behind it. So once your DSi/3DS is updated there's little chance that card will ever work with it again.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Thesolcity said:
AceKards are a little over $12 and they're all official if you get it through the shops on shoptemp.

sadly, this is not true any longer. there is a 1:1 clone being shipped and i've had it confirmed by acekard. you have a good chance of getting a clone even from a chinese reseller. =(

the r4i gold 3ds from the .cn/r4idsn team is a great card that i can highly recommend. they keep it updated, in fact they have been first with the updates. it is also fully supported by the wood firmware. you just have to make sure you get the right r4i gold.

its the one rydian reviewed: http://gbatemp.net/t293386-r4i-gold-3ds-compatible-review

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Megatron "Prime why throw away your life!" Prime "How do I think I got these gold rims!!!"
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time