HENkaku for 3.68 to release on July 1

408209-eue7qwzjoiec9wd1snxa.png

The long awaited exploit for the PS Vita has finally been given a release date. When we first received news of the exploit, we were told it would likely release in 1-2 years, but luckily Vita hacker TheFloW mangaed to find a second exploit for 3.68 and get us an earlier release. The exploit will work on firmware versions 3.65 to 3.68 you do not need an official Sony memory card or an internet connection to use it. If you are on 3.65, you will be able to install HENkaku Ensō, but unluckily those on 3.67 and above won't be able to. I've included a guide for updating to stock 3.65 from 3.61/3.63.

:arrow: Release
:arrow: Updating to 3.65

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm curious if this news matters much to people that already have HENkaku Ensō 3.65. Maybe more development in the scene, just due to more people having access to HENkaku? Nevertheless, it's still pretty exciting, hopefully the scene does get more activity later this year then.
If they want 3.67+ games to be decrypted (vitamin/maidump), they need to be run on a hacked console in the first place

And it CAN technically result in an upgrade-to-Enso-3.68 solution (although in practice, depending on the design and implementation of some factors, may be a huge hackjob or never be even considered by the few capable of doing it)

Adhrast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Woah, I bought a Vita (again, after selling it in January 2017) from GS. They were selling them used for 50 euros so I thought, why not. I needed my visual novel fix and it seems it will take some time before they start coming to Switch. It seems I unknowingly chose the perfect time :D

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Adrenaline definitely work on 3.67+?

For those of us who will need to install HENkaku for every reboot, how quick/annoying is it? A 10 second job, or 10 minutes? None of the backups/emulators will need to be re-copied or re-installed correct?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

For those of us who will need to install HENkaku for every reboot, how quick/annoying is it? A 10 second job, or 10 minutes? None of the backups/emulators will need to be re-copied or re-installed correct?
Adrenaline was already updated to support 3.67 back in March.

How long this particular exploit will take to install is unknown, since we have no idea how it will need to be run (since it's not a web exploit as previously), but I'm going to assume it's just going to be a one-time transfer of something to the Vita memory card and then a quick 10 second install.

Reactions: blahkamehameha

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP

Adrenaline is compatible with 3.67 and will very likely be updated to 3.68 soon.
Installing HENkaku after a reboot should take less than 10 seconds and everything should stay exactly the same.

Reactions: blahkamehameha

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adrenaline is compatible with 3.67 and will very likely be updated to 3.68 soon.
Installing HENkaku after a reboot should take less than 10 seconds and everything should stay exactly the same.

Does anyone know do you need to use a second device to launch the exploit. IE, phone, laptop etc?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know do you need to use a second device to launch the exploit. IE, phone, laptop etc?
This is not a web exploit like the original Henkaku, so it's assumed you'll need to at least have a PC so you can transfer some file to your Vita, but only once.

Reactions: jellybeangreen2

Adhrast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We know that OUR DEAR $ony will roll out 3.69 update with bloody fast speed right after 3.68 Henkaku lol

At this point why would they even bother? I mean, despite the plethora of beautiful games it was an absolute failure in the West. I don’t want to sound cynical but they could at least move some hardware with the prospect of piracy.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
At this point why would they even bother? I mean, despite the plethora of beautiful games it was an absolute failure in the West. I don’t want to sound cynical but they could at least move some hardware with the prospect of piracy.
$ONY still has a lot of financial interest regarding psdead in japan, there still get new games, my dude. :) too bad we won't get those waifu games outside of sushilandia...

Luchi_g101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
To the admin, am very sorry to have posted a request for free game code.. i deeply and sincerely apologize for my wrong gesture toward the forum. please accept my deepest of apologies. wont happen again

rdas99

Trophies
XP
Country
India
3.65 is definitely the perfect firmware now, can play almost every game (will just need Maidumps of the few higher ones) and can use enso to coldboot. PSN access works too.

Hey so I can run 3.68 games such as stardew valley on 3.65 Enso using Maidumps? I used the nonpdrm method... But those games don't run :(

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey so I can run 3.68 games such as stardew valley on 3.65 Enso using Maidumps? I used the nonpdrm method... But those games don't run :(
Yes if you can find available ones. There will be more dumps available once the exploit is public as more people will be able to share them. I'd definitely not recommended updating beyond 3.65 I never want to go back to the old days of re-running the exploit after every boot. It's ok if you keep it in sleep mode I suppose!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rdas99

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a Vita on 3.63, so I missed the chance for Henkaku the first time around. Am I going to be able to get it this time, Enso as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Andy didn't get any catholic toys because they wouldn't go limp when they saw him