Hacking Help with R4 SDHC 1.41 Card

cnmsales

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so first off I THINK I have the correct firmware installed. On the black box I received it indicates to go to www.nds9.com. This is where I went to get my firmware. I downloaded the one that corresponded with the box I received from them. I purchased the actual card from dsmonkey.com

First a few questions.
Is this the correct firmware? When I try to google my card I get a ton of results for cards from several different sites. When buying I didnt realize there were so many.

Is this the only firmware I can use on my card?

Did I buy what is considered a CLONE?

Is this the best card out there? If not what is?

On my firmware I have the three main menu options and below that I have about 10 +++++ etc etc. I was under the impression these + were to add games you used a lot for quick access. I cant figure out how to add these.

Skins. I downloaded a few but have no clue how to add them to the card for use.

Wallpapers. I found the folder that had the wallpaper that is currently loaded and downloaded a few pics and saved them as BMP files. but when putting them in this folder that card wouldnt load and gave me a BSOD.

RTS - I cant seem to make this work either.

Did I buy from a non reputable site? I cant seem to find any real good documentation on there site for answers to these questions.

I know ive asked a few questions here and I REALLY appreciate the help. Bought this for my son as an XMAS present and would like to have it set up completely when he opens it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's a clone, just like pretty much every damn cart with R4 in the name.

You're finding so many sites because a lot of the times the clones don't even bother changing the name (or they do so only slightly).

Don't know if that's the right firmware, a lot of times they don't even have the right files on the right sites.

This is one of the shittiest clones, a far cry from the best flash cart.

As for skins and customization shit, sometimes clones will say that they can do it, when they actually can't (they didn't bother keeping the coding in when making their clone), they just don't realize it still says it because they're often chinese with little (if any) english skills just trying to cash on on flash carts.

You're better off buying a real cart.

You have three choices for carts that have proper support/updates.
[*]The original R4.
NOT "R4-III Upgrade", NOT "R4-SDHC", NOT "R4i", NOT "R4 Gold", NOT "R4 Red", NOT "R4 King"...
NOT ANYTHING ELSE WITH "R4" IN THE NAME! JUST "R4 Revolution".
  • Price: $6 from shoptemp.com
  • Rank: The cheap card for somebody that just wants to play some games on a DS/Lite.
[*]Acekard 2i
  • Price: $16 from shoptemp.com
  • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play lots of games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
[*]Supercard DSTwo
cardchart.gif

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Clean Mode
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

If you don't like referral links, the non-ref versions are here.
R4
Acekard 2i
Supercard DSTwo

cnmsales

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man I REALLY appreciate your feedback on this. I figured after playing with it that it was a clone cause not everything works. That being said it does play the games and we will give that to the nephew to play. As for me and my son i have bought us the acekard.

Final question on the matter. I bought the Acekards from realhotstuff.com

Did I get ripped off again? or is this a legitimate site? From the reviews I read it seems to be pretty legit. But im thinking about now buying my daughter one and wanted to make sure I wasnt getting ripped off.

THANKS!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones