Hacking Help with gc backup

patogarza93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i run the game with the latest version of neogamma it says "game found ZLD01 or something like that (code for wind waker)" but then the game loads and then i get a dump error. When i try using gc backup launcher 0.2 it says "The Legend of Zelda wind waker for" then it gives me the option of pressing x for pal, y for ntsc, and a for auto detect. But when i press Y or A (my game is NTSC) nothing happens!

i have installed the cMIOS recommended in this thread http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

can someone please give me a link for the right cIOS or IOS or whatever the hell i need to make the game run?

And dont suggest that maybe its because of the disk. Here are the reasons.
-Its a good iso
-its a good, brand new SONY CD-R
-i used Imgburn to burn at 2x
-im sure i burned the game right

Please help me out
frown.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have a modchip? Are you using the very latest neogamma r9 beta 45? Are you able to run other gc backups? And could you please post your syscheck? A file called syscheck.csv or something like that will be created, post the contents here.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
patogarza93 said:
when i run the game with the latest version of neogamma it says "game found ZLD01 or something like that (code for wind waker)" but then the game loads and then i get a dump error. When i try using gc backup launcher 0.2 it says "The Legend of Zelda wind waker for" then it gives me the option of pressing x for pal, y for ntsc, and a for auto detect. But when i press Y or A (my game is NTSC) nothing happens!

i have installed the cMIOS recommended in this thread http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

can someone please give me a link for the right cIOS or IOS or whatever the hell i need to make the game run?

-Its a good iso

Please help me out
frown.gif
Correct me if I'm wrong, but your join date leads me to think your Wii may have been recently purchased..... I'm not sure as you do mention that the game loads (runs?) for a bit then dumps when you use "the latest version of neogamma"..... New Wiis, unless they are very very old stock, have the new drives that can not read burnable media by design. To check to see if your Wii falls in this category enter in your Wii's serial number over at the Wii Drive Chip Database site. If you Wii has been running backups fine before, well just forget about this
wink.gif

-[]D

patogarza93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Do you have a modchip? Are you using the very latest neogamma r9 beta 45? Are you able to run other gc backups? And could you please post your syscheck? A file called syscheck.csv or something like that will be created, post the contents here.
no modchip, i dont have any other gc backups, but i am able to run wii backups. ill post the contents of my syscheck later

patogarza93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSainity said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but your join date leads me to think your Wii may have been recently purchased..... I'm not sure as you do mention that the game loads (runs?) for a bit then dumps when you use "the latest version of neogamma"..... New Wiis, unless they are very very old stock, have the new drives that can not read burnable media by design. To check to see if your Wii falls in this category enter in your Wii's serial number over at the Wii Drive Chip Database site. If you Wii has been running backups fine before, well just forget about this
wink.gif

-[]D

no, ive had my wii for over 2 years, and its been softmodded (hacked or whatever you wanna call it) for over a year. im not new at this. my wii can actually play wii backups, but i wanted to play wind waker and so started my problems...

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
patogarza93 said:

-Its a good iso

Please help me out
frown.gif
Search up the latest cIOSx installer (rev20b) and install it on IOS56 in slot 249. Also, use Neogamma R9 Beta 44 (or 45 since it was recently released I guess), as it is in every way better than GC Backup Launcher.

What caught my eye though is: you're using a Sony CD-R? You have to burn games onto a DVD-R for them to work (or a high quality DVD+R properly bitset).

Second thing is that there is absolutely no need to burn at 2x speed nowadays, it's actually better to burn faster at 8x, 12x, or 16x nowadays than slow in comparison, so I suggest trying burning at a faster speed as well. I purchased myself a bunch of Sony DVD-R discs lately and burned copies of various GameCube titles at 8x and 16x no problem.

So basically:
1) Get yourself cIOS56rev20b
2) Make sure you're burning on DVD-R, not CD-R.
3) Burn at a faster rate. Most discs support up to 16x nowadays.
4) Try a different ISO rip.

patogarza93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Search up the latest cIOSx installer (rev20b) and install it on IOS56 in slot 249. Also, use Neogamma R9 Beta 44 (or 45 since it was recently released I guess), as it is in every way better than GC Backup Launcher.

What caught my eye though is: you're using a Sony CD-R? You have to burn games onto a DVD-R for them to work (or a high quality DVD+R properly bitset).

Second thing is that there is absolutely no need to burn at 2x speed nowadays, it's actually better to burn faster at 8x, 12x, or 16x nowadays than slow in comparison, so I suggest trying burning at a faster speed as well. I purchased myself a bunch of Sony DVD-R discs lately and burned copies of various GameCube titles at 8x and 16x no problem.

So basically:
1) Get yourself cIOS56rev20b
2) Make sure you're burning on DVD-R, not CD-R.
3) Burn at a faster rate. Most discs support up to 16x nowadays.
4) Try a different ISO rip.

o yea i messed up. i meant DVD-R.
thanks for the info, ill tell you if it works

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If a loader is able to identify the game, then the drive is able to read DVD-Rs, if it wasn't you would directly get a read error. Just that you know.

The following things matter when loading a gamecube backup on a only softmodded Wii:
- The used loader, both NeoGamma(GC mode internal!) and WiiGator's loader should work for this game
- The used cMIOS, if you really have the recommend cMIOS from the NeoGamma R9 beta thread, then everything should work, it's the same i use
- The used cIOS, some cIOS cause issues for gamecube games, cIOS37rev19 and cIOS56rev20 are known to be good for gamecube games
- The disc quality
- The used image file
- Some region settings from the system menu might also have some influence(like language)

Everything else shouldn't matter.

There's a slim chance there's a bug in NeoGamma that causes this error, if you think that's what's going on, try 1-2 other NeoGamma versions(older ones). WiiGator's loader has a bug that you can't run games in NTSC from a multi game disc, so sadly you can't use this to check if it's the loaders fault.

I know what you said, but i still think it's a bad burn. It's also possible that your drive is dying or you have a bad image file. The bad image file is unlikely, because the game isn't an audio streaming game, so shrinking is fine for it. If you dumped the game yourself, which dumper did you use?

You know that you are supposed to burn fast(at least 4x, better 8x) if you use new media + a new burner(~2 years? old)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work