Help with ez flash 5 3 in 1 and cyclo ds

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by mrwienerdog, Feb 1, 2008.

Feb 1, 2008
  1. mrwienerdog

Member mrwienerdog GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2007
    I just got my 3 in 1 today, and can't get the thing to work. WHen I try to boot from slot 2 on my cyclo settings, it says that there is no compatible slot 2 device found. I tried to search the forums, but the search function isn't working for me. I know this is an easy fix, but could someone tell me what to do? I installed the 1.68 kernel for the ez 5 thinking that would somehow do the trick, but obviously doesn't.

2. darigaaz3

Newcomer darigaaz3 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    I just got my 3 in 1 just a few days ago and was having trouble using it with my R4. Finally got it to work. Not exactly sure if I could help but I will try.

To begin with you need to use the right tools for the right Ez 3 in 1.

The new Ez 3 in 1 have a different chip so Rudolph triple manager would not be able to work on it. Related forum below

Seeing as I have the new EZ 3 in 1, I felt a bit sad that I wasn't able to use Rudolph triple manager to access the games, rumble and opera all at the same time. However GBAldr was updated and I was able to use that to load games from my R4 into the EZ.

Get the as that is the one that have been updated to work with the new hardware.

If that doesn't help try this :

There is a wiki about a 3rd party program for CycloDS. Might be what you need, although with the new chip, it might no longer work.