Hardware help with downloaded game in 2 rar parts.

dori2o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A friend of mine has downloaded a game but has had to download it in 2 seperate parts, both parts compressed into .rar files.

he has no idea how to reconcile these 2 parts, neither do I, i've never seen them downloaded like this.

he's tried the command prompt copy/b file.1.rar+file.2.rar etc etc but whilst the ISO will show when the game is burned and he tries toplay it the Wii just hangs.

when you extract each rar seperately you end up with 2 4.37 Gb ISO files.

Anyone have any ideas.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
when u open one part, it reads from all parts. So when u extracted each part you actually extracted the same thing twice and got 2 copies of the exact same ISO

on a side note... don't pirate, don't download games, go buy them and support nintendo and other game developers!

dori2o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
when u open one part, it reads from all parts. So when u extracted each part you actually extracted the same thing twice and got 2 copies of the exact same ISO

I don'tknow if I made myself clear.

There are 2 parts to the download, 1 of 3.8Gb in a .rar file, and one of approx 500MB in a .rar file. so 2 seperate compressed files. I suppose whoever he d/l the game from has ripped it on a FAT HD and it has split the file due to the 4Gb limit.

QUOTE(XFlak @ Nov 19 2010, 06:57 PM) on a side note... don't pirate, don't download games, go buy them and support nintendo and other game developers!
Personally I don't pirate games, I agree 100% with your statement. Others however disagree. Each to their own I suppose.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You could try to concatenate the extracted files back together
use cat(linux - "cat a b > c") or copy(windows - ?,I don't use win)

but i'd just rip it myself
faster + more reliable

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually Xflak's right. Split Rars are not uncommon, and extracting one part means extracting all of them (in the case of winrar it will give a warning if there are parts missing). So there are two identical iso's. Just use one of 'em

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rydian said:
PsyBlade said:
two files of different size are hardly equal
1 - Have a file 25MB large.
2 - Tell WinRAR to split it, with a max piece size of 15MB.
3 - You end up with a 15MB file and a 10MB file.
4. unrar again
5. you get ONE file again - not TWO (of different sizes too) like he did

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rydian said:
PsyBlade said:
two files of different size are hardly equal
1 - Have a file 25MB large.
2 - Tell WinRAR to split it, with a max piece size of 15MB.
3 - You end up with a 15MB file and a 10MB file.

Don't you read posts before you answer them?
Oh and I think everybody should stop posting stuff about multi-volume archives because that obviously isn't the problem here.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just left-click on one, hold Shift, and then left-click the other. If you have something like WinRAR installed (or you might not even need that, I think Windows automatically has compressed file management), right-click with both files selected, and there should be an option like 'Extract here...'. If there isn't, download and install WinRAR. When you click that, the game will be in the same folder as those two .rars.

dori2o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

Looks as though it is a bad dump. tried selecting both .rar files and extracting and it does produce 1 single ISO, but it still black screens when played.

Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw