help!! Wht do 12-14 years old girls like?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey, First off: Go to a highschool and ask around! THAT is the best way. (Yes, I actually made this in my university class.. with upper high school (or whatever it's called, right before university studies), and made some kind of survey about a "learning japanese" software. (got a A+++ (in sweden: 5) on it).
It just teached hiragana and katakana for starters, with diagrams and quizes, and counters to see how many passes and fails... pretty simple, but the teacher thought it was awesome, and well made.

So ask the real audience yourself, and tell them WHY you ask, much easier and better!

And my experience:
Girls seem to like the sims. a lot. And that's just by experience I say that.
Many girls seem to hate "girlified" games as well, like "Hell no, I aint playin that pink horzez shit, oh noes!".

Books: I don't think it's just girls, but Simple books, not too thick. Young-adult books. May it be horror, romance, funny... Considering the age, I don't think many have the attention span to read a really thick book, unless it's something like Harry Potter. (Damn good books).

Music: Anything. period. I know 14 y/o's who listen to death metal, pop, (real) emo, (fake) emo, punk, rock, reggae, r'n'b, hip hop, and on and on and on...

But anyway, bottom line is: Go ask them yourself. make notes, make surveys for them to fill. Honestly, I think the tutor would like to see some documentation from that project as well, or else it wouldn't be much of a course IMO. As long as you have something to "prove" and motivate your actions, it'll be good.

Good luck!

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
harvest moon! RPGs! pokemon! .... anything?

All I know is that me and my friends really don't like anything that would set us apart from what guys like. (but I do know some girls that would only play like pet sims and stuff...)

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendogs, Animal Crossing, Sims, Puzzle games, Brain Training.

Basically you can take a few from the most popular DS games and girls would play them. After all most DS games aren't targetting a specific audience

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Osaka said:

All I know is that me and my friends really don't like anything that would set us apart from what guys like. (but I do know some girls that would only play like pet sims and stuff...)

Hah
smile.gif
just like I said...
And I think that it is a genus issue. It's like asking around if boys would like to play "boyz only"-games... but the problem with this is that many probably would... haha

Anyway, that's a bit off-topic.

I think, (and girl's please correct me), that girls would like to see some games where the main character is a female. and maybe has to save a prince (instead of saving a princess)... you know, same themes and not all that pink shit; but maybe a dark game, or whatever, with basicly the same plot but turn it around so the female is the player, and so on... maybe...

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
Osaka said:

Hah
smile.gif
just like I said...
And I think that it is a genus issue. It's like asking around if boys would like to play "boyz only"-games... but the problem with this is that many probably would... haha

I think, (and girl's please correct me), that girls would like to see some games where the main character is a female. and maybe has to save a prince (instead of saving a princess)... you know, same themes and not all that pink shit; but maybe a dark game, or whatever, with basicly the same plot but turn it around so the female is the player, and so on... maybe...
I just want to see more games where you can pick your gender and customize your character. those two things are always big pluses to me

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Osaka said:
I just want to see more games where you can pick your gender and customize your character. those two things are always big pluses to me
same here
ever since Ruby/Sapphire i've been a girl in the pokemon games, not kidding

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awdofgum said:
Osaka said:
same here
yeah... but you're a guy
ohmy.gif

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Osaka said:
awdofgum said:
Osaka said:
same here
yeah... but you're a guy
ohmy.gif
well i thought the guys looked gay

Male-Trainer.jpg

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've also started to use girl-characters instead of guys a few times now, like in pokemon, children of mana, sword of mana, etc...

But that's basicly cause I'm tired of the generic 15 y/o boy, with a big sword, saving the world...... it's all the same, always!
That's why I like Final Fantasy 8 by the way. It wasn't that generic, imo.
And from experience, Many girls I know that play final fantasy, think that the eight game is better... and I guess it might be caused by the story...

So I think there's one thing that one could say about girls and boys, generalize, Girls tend to like more story driven games, while guys (might as well like story driven games as well, but) can settle with some mindless buttonmashing hardcore fighting.... well you get my point...

Peace and love y'all!

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The girls I know tend to like the Touch Generation games (Tetris, Brain Age, Big Brain Academy (Wii and NDS), Puzzle League), Mario Kart, Cooking Mama, and Harvest Moon. I know one of them likes Zelda:PH though. Thing is, they're 17-18ish, and girl's tastes don't tend to change a lot over the years...heh.
My little sister is a fan of the above mentioned games, sans Harvest Moon and Zelda.

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok well I like....
Tales of Symphonia, Resident Evil games, Final Fantasy, Smash Bros, Baten Kaitos, was thinking about trying Silent Hill series, been playing No More Heroes too, etc.

As for books: Well, I'm going to start the Diskworld collection, I've read all Cherub books, a good bit of Darren Shan's work, all Harry Potters, etc.

Maybe I'm not the "normal" "kind" of girl. I think 70% of the girls are into make up and dressing up because that's what people expect them to do (you just have to read this topic).

But my tastes haven't changed that much since I was a kid.
Imagine a 9 year old reading a Dungeons And Dragons Players Handbook. Yeah that was me.

And as for colours, I think I've never worn pink. Ever. Why? Because I don't want to be put into a category that isn't what I am. I'm against all this girls should be girly shit.

What I don't understand is, guys say they want girl gamers, but when they see one, its like... ew or wtf?
Why can't some guys accept that I can beat them at video games?

Oh well
rolleyes.gif

Chief_Second

Trophies
XP
Country
My daughter is 10 going on 15 and likes the following games:

- sims anything (says the ds one is pants)
- super monkeyball
- wario
- super mario brothers ds
- mario kart
- animal crossing ds and gamecube
- stud farm
- dogz
- kim possible
- mario sunshire gamecube
- wii sports
- sonic/mario olympics wii (not ds)
- high school musical wii (with mic)
- guitar hero iii 360

she's a hudge hanna montana, that's so raven, cheetah girls and high school musical fan but tels me that the ds games are not good.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Ktaro said:
reym said:
Wht do 12-14 years old girls like?
Candy? hahaha laughed my ass off when i read it on the front page, some1 goin loli huntin xD

I dont need to make topics for that because i already knw them. lol. XD

QUOTE(Issac @ Mar 24 2008, 12:27 AM)
Hey, First off: Go to a highschool and ask around! THAT is the best way. (Yes, I actually made this in my university class.. with upper high school (or whatever it's called, right before university studies), and made some kind of survey about a "learning japanese" software. (got a A+++ (in sweden: 5) on it).
It just teached hiragana and katakana for starters, with diagrams and quizes, and counters to see how many passes and fails... pretty simple, but the teacher thought it was awesome, and well made.

So ask the real audience yourself, and tell them WHY you ask, much easier and better!

And my experience:
Girls seem to like the sims. a lot. And that's just by experience I say that.
Many girls seem to hate "girlified" games as well, like "Hell no, I aint playin that pink horzez shit, oh noes!".

Books: I don't think it's just girls, but Simple books, not too thick. Young-adult books. May it be horror, romance, funny... Considering the age, I don't think many have the attention span to read a really thick book, unless it's something like Harry Potter. (Damn good books).

Music: Anything. period. I know 14 y/o's who listen to death metal, pop, (real) emo, (fake) emo, punk, rock, reggae, r'n'b, hip hop, and on and on and on...

But anyway, bottom line is: Go ask them yourself. make notes, make surveys for them to fill. Honestly, I think the tutor would like to see some documentation from that project as well, or else it wouldn't be much of a course IMO. As long as you have something to "prove" and motivate your actions, it'll be good.

Good luck!
Thx i will try to do it.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Issac said:
Osaka said:

Hah
smile.gif
just like I said...

yep, i agree with you, not all girls like girly-pinky games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1