help!! Wht do 12-14 years old girls like?

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
awdofgum said:
Osaka said:
awdofgum said:
Osaka said:
I just want to see more games where you can pick your gender and customize your character. those two things are always big pluses to me
same here
ever since Ruby/Sapphire i've been a girl in the pokemon games, not kidding
yeah... but you're a guy
ohmy.gif
well i thought the guys looked gay

Male-Trainer.jpg
that's true, but now days i dont care much abt the gays.
rolleyes.gif

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
RayorDragonFall said:
Ok well I like....
Tales of Symphonia, Resident Evil games, Final Fantasy, Smash Bros, Baten Kaitos, was thinking about trying Silent Hill series, been playing No More Heroes too, etc.

As for books: Well, I'm going to start the Diskworld collection, I've read all Cherub books, a good bit of Darren Shan's work, all Harry Potters, etc.

Maybe I'm not the "normal" "kind" of girl. I think 70% of the girls are into make up and dressing up because that's what people expect them to do (you just have to read this topic).

But my tastes haven't changed that much since I was a kid.
Imagine a 9 year old reading a Dungeons And Dragons Players Handbook. Yeah that was me.

And as for colours, I think I've never worn pink. Ever. Why? Because I don't want to be put into a category that isn't what I am. I'm against all this girls should be girly shit.

What I don't understand is, guys say they want girl gamers, but when they see one, its like... ew or wtf?
Why can't some guys accept that I can beat them at video games?

Oh well
rolleyes.gif

uhh, ohhh.
unsure.gif
u r the most strangest girl i ever met. specially when u said that you like to play these "Resident Evil games" and "Silent Hill series".
wacko.gif

lol

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
Resident Evil 4 Wii version is awesome.
As for Silent Hill, I haven't tried it yet, I've heard it might be a bit too much though XD

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
ya listen to what rayordragonfall says
tongue.gif

and silent hill is awesome. was a fanatic since its ps release.

dunno what is wrong with you ppl and think that girls like lame games
tongue.gif

maybe they do around 3 to 5 when their parents /parent's friends feed them with crap that they think suits the "girl stereotype".
but when they get older and think for themselves they throw away that crap
tongue.gif

I never liked those silly games when i was around that age you are surveying for
tongue.gif

then again I was told i was not a "typical girl" and by that they meant i did not like crappy games with lots of silly barbie pink crap
tongue.gif

girls like quite a big number of games boys do
tongue.gif

the only exception I can think of is 1st person shooters (although there are a lot more than you think which like them too
tongue.gif
).

I would think that games like zelda, super mario galaxy, final fantasy series and yes even ssbb would be ranked highly in the majority of the girl population.
tongue.gif

P.S last but not least pink is the true suck
tongue.gif

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Sex. With both guys and girls. I'm not bullshitting you.

However, seen as you couldn't write that in a college report, I'm just going to go with dogs.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
RayorDragonFall said:
Resident Evil 4 Wii version is awesome.
As for Silent Hill, I haven't tried it yet, I've heard it might be a bit too much though XD

Oh you really got to try Silent Hill... I really really really recommend playing the first one before the third... since they're storywise related...
the second game can be played any time, and I actually recommend starting with that one
smile.gif
Save the fourth game for last... since it is the suck compared to the others
smile.gif

(yes, I'm a big silent hill fan, I even made the trouble getting the fourth and third game signed by Akira Yamaoka
biggrin.gif
)

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SavageWaffle said:
guys not wearing axe.

definately
axe makes me wanna hack off my nose

hmmm. like im not trying to sound mean or anything
but
speaking from experience
not all 12-14girls like stereotypical things
like unicorns? wtf. that was so like um...never?

although some girls are like as generic as you say they are,
it really depends on what kind of girl
true. many girls adore Hannah Montana, but that doesnt necesarily mean they will play a game about her
all girls like cute/hot boys, so thats a given..zac efron would be the stereotypical guy young teenage girls adore

the game just has to be interesting, captivating and fun
girls can like "guy games" you know...and vice versa

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
tinymonkeyt said:
all girls like cute/hot boys, so thats a given..zac efron would be the stereotypical guy young teenage girls adore
I'd agree for them liking these kind of guys.

guys from boy bands, pretty boys etc.

CrystalSweet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
awdofgum said:
hello kitty pirate island adventure
barbie and the magical forest
Hannah Montana

HOLY FREAKING
NO NO NO NO NO.
im 14, and im a girl
and i just like normal stuff
HOLY CRAP!
dont stereotype us!
girls like video games too,
and for the thread maker,

most girls dont like hardcore violence game but fun games like mario and ddr and stuff like that, but not that 3 year old stuff ugh

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You haven't lived till you've worn pink!

MAke the game seem all grown up because 12-14yo girls like to think they're very mature (in general)

michaelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the answer summed up for you. Girls that age don't like games so much as they like interaction. They don't need a game over screen or a timer. They want to dress up/customize characters and environments. They want to feel attached to the world. They want to do what their idols do. Hell...if it's got a big name on it, it will be purchased on that alone. It's very likely to be bought by a relative as a gift when the girl is that young. A lot of this is basically said in the lists people have been posting.

The real tricky part about the question is that they won't give you any indication one way or the other. If you ask them if they like something (game related) that's in the ball park they'll tell you they like it. If there's a follow up question they can't give you an answer.

I'm working on a game for that demographic and younger and I've seen the focus test results. It's weird for someone so out of touch with that world to look at.

I hope that helps get your homework done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT