Hacking HELP!! Turn CFW to OFW

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't think it's a system vital file though. In that, some things won't work but it'll still boot, with the mismatch - still looking for sources on that though
it is, if the secureinfo_A region doesn't match or if its missing the system will not boot, and if its been edited (some people change the region manually in the file) and then the user uninstalls a9lh the system is bricked as without a valid signed secureinfo_a file the system cannot boot into anything, even safe mode

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is, if the secureinfo_A region doesn't match or if its missing the system will not boot, and if its been edited (some people change the region manually in the file) and then the user uninstalls a9lh the system is bricked as without a valid signed secureinfo_a file the system cannot boot into anything, even safe mode
Thank you, I must be remembering this from way back when you needed to use sysDowngrader to install the other region's CIA files individually and then edit SecureInfo_A before the new CTRtransfer and SecureInfo_C method was available.

Reactions: HyperT

Martin_Sean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thank you all for your concern on this, i will try some of the solutions above. Thank you too for giving me some info about nintendo CFW!

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you all for your concern on this, i will try some of the solutions above. Thank you too for giving me some info about nintendo CFW!
I really recommend that you first try to check if your console was region changed at emunand or sysnand before anything.
1 - Get another SD (size won't matter now), don't try doing this with the one that is on your 3DS.
2 - In this "new" SD card, format it to FAT32
3 - "Install" this release of luma3ds https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v6.6/Luma3DSv6.6.7z Simply put arm9loaderhax.bin at the root of this "new" SD card
4 - Try booting the console. It probably will greet you with a config screen, mark this option only:
Autoboot sysnand
Press start
5 - See if your 3DS interface is now in Japanese or another language and report back to us, if it's in japanese, the sysnand of the console wasn't region changed at all, the modifications were done in emunand. If it's in English any other language than japanese, the region change was made in sysnand.

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki,
Reactions: Zidapi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT