HELP!! Turn CFW to OFW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Martin_Sean, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Martin_Sean
    OP

Martin_Sean Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2017
    Indonesia
    Hi guys so i got myself a 3ds (not the n3ds) and find myself that its a Custom Firmware 3Ds. Any ideas to get it back to Original Firmware? Cause I can't access online on almost anything especially my eshop. Already check all of the things inside the SD card and without the SD card my ds won't turn on, the blue light indicator just turn on and slowly faded off. The SD card got those A9LH, FBI, CIA, arm9loaderhax, etc. which i find very confusing! Any kind of help will do..

P.s: I have no idea what are those files and data do, not even a slightest..

2. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    wut/12

A CFW 3DS can use online features with no problem in theory. Except maybe if it's a region-changed 3DS or if any other "weird stuff" happened on it, but the problem isn't the CFW.

Quantumcat likes this.
  3. Nikki_swap

Nikki_swap The Lewdest

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    What error do you get when you try to go to the eshop? Does fhe same error happens when you go to your friends list? Where did you buy it?

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You don't need to remove CFW. In fact, if your internet problems are because you bought a banned 3DS, you're definitely going to want to keep CFW so you can unban yourself.

What error messages do you get when you try to get online? The problem could also be a DNS of the problem is just eShop.

Zidapi and gnmmarechal like this.
  5. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    I strongly suggest keeping the hacks. As others have already said, hacks don't prevent you from going online. Something else has to be the issue with that. If you are dead-set on removing a9lh for whatever reason, here's what you can do:

1) Download safea9lhinstaller here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases/tag/v2.6.7
    2) Open your sd card on your PC
    3) Rename safea9lhinstaller.bin to down_safea9lhinstaller.bin and put it on the sd card in this location: sd:/luma/payloads/down_safea9lhinstaller.bin
    4) Put the SD card back into the 3ds and hold down on the d-pad BEFORE pressing the power button, and keep it held until you see safea9lhinstaller boot up.
    5) Press start to uninstall a9lh.
    6) Remove all files on the sd card besides the folders "Nintendo 3DS" and "DCIM."

Seriously though, please, PLEASE reconsider. A9lh can do everything an un-hacked 3ds can do and more. I'm 100% sure that you not being able to get online has NOTHING to do with a9lh. Trust me, take the time to understand a9lh and you will LOVE it.

EDIT: Would also like to mention that uninstalling a9lh actually has a very small chance to brick your 3DS. Even more reason you should keep the hacks.

Last edited by MadMageKefka, Jan 23, 2017
  6. Martin_Sean
    OP

Martin_Sean Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2017
    Indonesia
    I actually able to open the internet but somehow prevent me to open my eshop which I can't download or update some of my stuffs

7. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    No-one can help you if you don't tell us what error code you're getting.

8. Martin_Sean
    OP

Martin_Sean Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2017
    Indonesia
    I buy it on the online shop, and yes, it said error on the friend list and the eshop

9. MadMageKefka

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    No, when you get an internet error on the 3ds, it gives you a 7 digit code xxx-xxxx. What is the code it shows you when it says error?

Zidapi likes this.
  10. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    So, is he banned?

11. MadMageKefka

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    Not completely sure, but maybe since his friends list is giving him an error. Need the error code to be sure.

12. Martin_Sean
    OP

Martin_Sean Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2017
    Indonesia
    Sorry guys i need to wait 200 sec. For every post, sorry for late reply. Btw, the error code is 007-2001. It said an error has occured. Please try again later. If the problem presists, please make a note of the error code and cisit support.nintendo.com.

13. MadMageKefka

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    I'm assuming your console has been region swapped before you bought it.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-007-2001.386501/

gnmmarechal and Arubaro like this.
  14. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Ignore this, it appears I jumped the gun.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Jan 23, 2017
  15. MadMageKefka

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    dimmidice and Xiphiidae like this.
  16. Arubaro

Sep 4, 2015
    Maybe he would be able to use the eshop again if he was to revert the region-swapping?
    The problem is... which region was it before the change

Last edited by Arubaro, Jan 23, 2017
  17. MadMageKefka

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    It seems likely. I have personally never done a region swap, however. I think it would be best if someone with more experience with region swapping helped him.

18. Martin_Sean
    OP

Martin_Sean Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2017
    Indonesia
    well I don't think its region swap, cause if it is I can't play USA refion based game then (?) the error is i cant access eshop, friend list, and as for my pokemon game, online battle

19. lisreal2401

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Did you install duplicate titles?

20. Arubaro

Sep 4, 2015
    The CFW you're using has some patches that let you play JAP,EUR and USA games.

gnmmarechal and MadMageKefka like this.