Homebrew Help to avoid brick priiloader

Any ideas to avoid bricking my Wii again?

• Wiiflow over USB Loader GX will avoid bricking.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Installing forwarder channels corrupted priiloader.

• Both ideas are possible

• Total voters

mike.leb140

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm new to these forums. I just bought a Wii the other week and followed MicrowaveSam's YouTube tutorial on softmodding the console and installing homebrew apps. I am sure I installed priiloader, and I tested it out and made sure it was working. Well a couple of weeks pass by and I am overwhelmed by the amount of joy I felt being able to play dozens of old school Nintendo games. I installed a couple of emulators such as wii64 and sega, nes, SNES, wiisx etc. I made a couple forwarder channels using MultiMod Manager, and everything was going well. One day I felt like playing some Skyward Sword, so I booted up USB Loader GX, and the console froze in a black screen after starting the wbfs. Well I had to shut off the console by holding the power button. When I came back to turn it on, my Wii was bricked. I tried booting priiloader, but it wouldn't work. After doing some online forum research, I found out that USB Loader GX is notorious for bricking consoles. Giving up hope, I was able to exchange my Wii for a replacement from the store I bought it (that $5 warranty came in real handy) and now I'm back to square one having to soft mod the Wii all over again. I wanted to know what I did wrong and what to do to avoid this happening to me again. I'd like to know if using WiiFlow instead of USB Loader GX will solve my type of dilemma from repeating itself. Also if anyone has any idea as to why priiloader did not boot; could it be because I may have used the WAD Manager in MultiMod Manager to install all the forwarder channels at once and that somehow overwrote priiloader's installation? I read somewhere about priiloader not working anymore after some kind of update...not sure.

Thanks for taking the time to read about my situation. I am grateful to anyone trying to resolve my problems. Helpful advice is appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)