Hacking [HELP] PSP phat won't start anything from the menu

micheledm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone. I recently acquired a PSP phat from a flea market which I think it has mounted a CFW since the select menu brings up a menu which says "M33 VSH menu".

System information says that's currently running 5.00 M33-4 so i wanted to upgrade to 6.6x but i tried both OFW 6.60 and 6.61 but the process remains stuck at the PSP logo when I try to run the FW upgrader from the card. I looked around but I could't find much information. I also checked version.txt in the flash 1 memory and looks regular.

release:5.00: build:2740,0,3,1,0:builder@vsh-build6 system:46876@release_500,0x05000010: vsh:P6264@release_500,v46652@release_500,20081010: target:1:WorldWide

I went on to try with Chronoswitch and also it's stuck at the PSP logo at start. Anything that I tried to start from the memory card has the same behaviour.

Then I tried to start the upgrade right from the Recovery menu at boot, but when i try to boot /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP it just won't start.

What's next? Pandora battery? Any other suggestion? Thanks

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I see that you are my compatriot. And I see that they haven't helped you yet. Unfortunately I have another cfw (6.61 pro-C f3) and having no experience of that, I can hardly help you. Is your cfw temporary or permanent? Have you tried turning the console off (not just paused) by holding the switch for a few seconds, and then turning it back on, if so it returns to the original ofw (if it were temporary)?
Sorry if my suggestion is a bit trivial.

micheledm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I see that you are my compatriot. And I see that they haven't helped you yet. Unfortunately I have another cfw (6.61 pro-C f3) and having no experience of that, I can hardly help you. Is your cfw temporary or permanent? Have you tried turning the console off (not just paused) by holding the switch for a few seconds, and then turning it back on, if so it returns to the original ofw (if it were temporary)?
Sorry if my suggestion is a bit trivial.

Ehehe non ti preoccupare, it helps bumping up the post :D

Today I actually managed to install ofw 5.0 using a Pandora battery. But surprise surprise still has exactly the same problem and the 6.x upgrader won't run. So it might be a hardware issue? I really have no clue here.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If 7 days have not yet passed since the purchase, you could return it and get a refund, and this also applies to used items. On 'subito(dot)it' you will find several in excellent condition at a low price. I bought there last year a PSP 3000 (with ofw 6.6), from a boy who wanted to get rid of it, at only 30€ including shipping costs: it works great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...