Hacking [HELP] PSP phat won't start anything from the menu

micheledm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone. I recently acquired a PSP phat from a flea market which I think it has mounted a CFW since the select menu brings up a menu which says "M33 VSH menu".

System information says that's currently running 5.00 M33-4 so i wanted to upgrade to 6.6x but i tried both OFW 6.60 and 6.61 but the process remains stuck at the PSP logo when I try to run the FW upgrader from the card. I looked around but I could't find much information. I also checked version.txt in the flash 1 memory and looks regular.

release:5.00: build:2740,0,3,1,0:[email protected] system:[email protected]_500,0x05000010: vsh:P[email protected]_500,[email protected]_500,20081010: target:1:WorldWide

I went on to try with Chronoswitch and also it's stuck at the PSP logo at start. Anything that I tried to start from the memory card has the same behaviour.

Then I tried to start the upgrade right from the Recovery menu at boot, but when i try to boot /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP it just won't start.

What's next? Pandora battery? Any other suggestion? Thanks

Nikokaro

the most valuable game... is that of our life
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I see that you are my compatriot. And I see that they haven't helped you yet. Unfortunately I have another cfw (6.61 pro-C f3) and having no experience of that, I can hardly help you. Is your cfw temporary or permanent? Have you tried turning the console off (not just paused) by holding the switch for a few seconds, and then turning it back on, if so it returns to the original ofw (if it were temporary)?
Sorry if my suggestion is a bit trivial.

micheledm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I see that you are my compatriot. And I see that they haven't helped you yet. Unfortunately I have another cfw (6.61 pro-C f3) and having no experience of that, I can hardly help you. Is your cfw temporary or permanent? Have you tried turning the console off (not just paused) by holding the switch for a few seconds, and then turning it back on, if so it returns to the original ofw (if it were temporary)?
Sorry if my suggestion is a bit trivial.

Ehehe non ti preoccupare, it helps bumping up the post :D

Today I actually managed to install ofw 5.0 using a Pandora battery. But surprise surprise still has exactly the same problem and the 6.x upgrader won't run. So it might be a hardware issue? I really have no clue here.

Nikokaro

the most valuable game... is that of our life
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If 7 days have not yet passed since the purchase, you could return it and get a refund, and this also applies to used items. On 'subito(dot)it' you will find several in excellent condition at a low price. I bought there last year a PSP 3000 (with ofw 6.6), from a boy who wanted to get rid of it, at only 30€ including shipping costs: it works great!

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Got it for 50 tho fuck $70
    +2
  • Shape @ Shape:
    I prefer classic quake
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    The mechs of mw2 really don't feel that bad
    +2
  • Shape @ Shape:
    Neither do the mechs of mech warrior 2. Much better game.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    People would say different if cod Gundam was a thing
    +1
  • Shape @ Shape:
    Omg do you know how much money I would spend if that was a thing? Especially if you get to assemble the gundams somewhat like those old model toy kits. The answer is zero dollars. I would spend zero dollars. It would still be so good, though.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Liar
    +1
  • Shape @ Shape:
    $118.49
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    I bought 1-2 switch, imagine my pain
    +2
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    for full price at launch
    +2
  • Shape @ Shape:
    Full price at launch for full exploitability without modchips. Or so I hear.
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    You should like buy a 3rd one and ship it to my address
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    No no lads, the game called 1-2 switch
    +1
  • x65943 @ x65943:
    Where you feel the controller vibrate and guess how many virtual ice cubes are inside of it
    +2
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    You should still buy me a switch so I don't have to pay for it
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    best game on the switch amirite
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i just saw a video yesterday that mentioned how it's a good thing 1-2-switch wasn't a pack in title because it would've made everyone lose faith in the switch immediately and they might have a point
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    It was this one, The "video" Jdbye watched this one. :P
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    What no The Real video Jdbye?
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    @Shape, Quake is great.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    QUAKER OATS! :P
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Remember to eat your oats
    K3N1 @ K3N1: Remember to eat your oats