1. micheledm

OP micheledm Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi everyone. I recently acquired a PSP phat from a flea market which I think it has mounted a CFW since the select menu brings up a menu which says "M33 VSH menu".

System information says that's currently running 5.00 M33-4 so i wanted to upgrade to 6.6x but i tried both OFW 6.60 and 6.61 but the process remains stuck at the PSP logo when I try to run the FW upgrader from the card. I looked around but I could't find much information. I also checked version.txt in the flash 1 memory and looks regular.

I went on to try with Chronoswitch and also it's stuck at the PSP logo at start. Anything that I tried to start from the memory card has the same behaviour.

Then I tried to start the upgrade right from the Recovery menu at boot, but when i try to boot /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP it just won't start.

What's next? Pandora battery? Any other suggestion? Thanks

2. Nikokaro

Nikokaro Mycenaean hideous survivor(s)

Italy
    I see that you are my compatriot. And I see that they haven't helped you yet. Unfortunately I have another cfw (6.61 pro-C f3) and having no experience of that, I can hardly help you. Is your cfw temporary or permanent? Have you tried turning the console off (not just paused) by holding the switch for a few seconds, and then turning it back on, if so it returns to the original ofw (if it were temporary)?
    Sorry if my suggestion is a bit trivial.

3. micheledm

OP micheledm Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Ehehe non ti preoccupare, it helps bumping up the post :D

Today I actually managed to install ofw 5.0 using a Pandora battery. But surprise surprise still has exactly the same problem and the 6.x upgrader won't run. So it might be a hardware issue? I really have no clue here.

4. Nikokaro

Nikokaro Mycenaean hideous survivor(s)

Italy
    If 7 days have not yet passed since the purchase, you could return it and get a refund, and this also applies to used items. On 'subito(dot)it' you will find several in excellent condition at a low price. I bought there last year a PSP 3000 (with ofw 6.6), from a boy who wanted to get rid of it, at only 30€ including shipping costs: it works great!

5. OldBoi

OldBoi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sounds bricked. I'd say the pandemic, I mean Pandora Battery and maybe the magic mem stick. Or the Home, Start and Select when turning it on.

6. DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    (deleted due to incorrect information...)

Last edited by DayVeeBoi, Feb 25, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - anything, [HELP], start