[HELP] Linda Cube Again (eboot) does not work on psp

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone. I just converted this psx game, already english patched, to eboot but on psp 3004 it doesn't even start; stuck on ps logo. I already feared this, because various older Japanese titles, from the years 1996/1997, either don't even start or get stuck during the game.
I've tried a few versions of Popsloader but the console crashes: notoriously certain versions of the psp 3000 models have issues with said software, in fact I've never been able to start a game with it. 🤷
Have any of you tried it on psp? Have you found any effective solution to get it started?
A fond greeting and a tender hug to those who would like to reply, as well as to all my dear fans 😉 (assuming there are any 😅).

Reactions: cugel

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Obviously the problem does not depend on the eboot ordinarily created with psx2psp, but on the version of Pops internal to the PSP; each version of this emulator is set up slightly differently and has issues with certain titles but is adequate for others.

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Give it a few days, CDRomance may have figured it out.
Chief said in the comments that he will not provide the eboot, having also found that it freezes on the ps logo screen. It would seem to depend on the english patch, since the original japanese version seems to work normally. Evidently the hacker, in addition to translating the text and menus, must have changed something about the LBA structure of the ISO, I suppose. We'll see if anyone can remedy that. 🤔

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Chief said in the comments that he will not provide the eboot, having also found that it freezes on the ps logo screen. It would seem to depend on the english patch, since the original japanese version seems to work normally. Evidently the hacker, in addition to translating the text and menus, must have changed something about the LBA structure of the ISO, I suppose. We'll see if anyone can remedy that. 🤔
https://github.com/wad11656/SetRegion-GUI

Changing the region can help.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Changing the region can help
Thank you for the suggestion. I actually already knew that, but it usually involves EU and US titles that work by entering the JPN region: never seen the reverse (besides, there are no EU and US versions of that title).
Nah, it's just the translation patch that makes it unplayable, otherwise it would work. I await updates on this issue from some good soul, more knowledgeable than me.... and less lazy. 😅

Reactions: HandsomeJack

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the suggestion. I actually already knew that, but it usually involves EU and US titles that work by entering the JPN region: never seen the reverse (besides, there are no EU and US versions of that title).
Nah, it's just the translation patch that makes it unplayable, otherwise it would work. I await updates on this issue from some good soul, more knowledgeable than me.... and less lazy. 😅
https://www.psdevwiki.com/psp/POPS

There's a series of hardcoded PS1 game IDs inside POPS. With some titles they can work if the ID is changed. Biohazard 2 often works.

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's a series of hardcoded PS1 game IDs inside POPS. With some titles they can work if the ID is changed. Biohazard 2 often works.
Haha.... Hey, so you really took me for a newbie! :rofl2: I already knew that too, of course. In fact, I already tried to create an eboot by selecting the infamous slps_01222 as the ID: alas, same bad result. :sad:
Edit:
Well the problem has been solved, by the very user I expected to solve it:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-mode-to-fix-ps1-games-for-psp-and-psvita.607286/post-10349064
You can find the eboot online, at the infamous site where "CDs fall in love and mate". 😉

Last edited by Nikokaro,
  • Wow

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haha.... Hey, so you really took me for a newbie! :rofl2: I already knew that too, of course. In fact, I already tried to create an eboot by selecting the infamous slps_01222 as the ID: alas, same bad result. :sad:
Edit:
Well the problem has been solved, by the very user I expected to solve it:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-mode-to-fix-ps1-games-for-psp-and-psvita.607286/post-10349064
You can find the eboot online, at the infamous site where "CDs fall in love and mate". 😉
Check again on CDRomance.

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Check again on CDRomance.
Buddy, note that I have already written this indirectly, through metaphor, in the message you just quoted (last sentence). Read it more carefully! :teach: :)
Post automatically merged:

Hmm... I took a fleeting first look at the game. As I predicted, excellent and nostalgic anime movies, expressive and funny Japanese voice acting but...... horrible bird's eye view (reminiscent of Phantasy Star for Genesis or Tenshi no Uta for SNES) with minuscule characters, 8bit graphics resolution (so it seems) and dull, opaque colors. Hopefully, at least the storyline will be interesting and motivate me to continue playing this highly acclaimed PSX (PCE-CD) title.

Last edited by Nikokaro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?