Hacking Help please with Part 4 (2.1.0 Downgrade) on plailect guide fbi problem?

booboy2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi folks.

I need a little help.

On part 16 -
  1. Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A and confirm to inject
I do not have the option to press down and select inject with banner, there are no options on any directional button just the name "hs.app" press a, so I did

the injection works and give a success message however so I am unsure if this is causing my issue with FBI so I carried on with the guide.

parts 17 - 26 are fine I have made backups of my emunand and sysnand.

My Real problem begins when I follow this

1. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, press Start and right at the same time to reboot, then boot your 3DS into RedNAND using any CFW (if you followed Part 3 of this guide, you can do this by launching Luma3DS from the HomeBrew Launcher)
  2. Launch the Health and Safety Application (which is now FBI) on RedNAND
when I do this my health and safety is no longer FBI it is just normal (default) unlike when I used it previously to upgrage to 9.2.

I subsequently can not access the tiny format file in Rednand to format rednand.

If you coulld help I would be very grateful....I am new to this so step by step or simple terms would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Duke

booboy2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I put it on the root of the sd card.

I was unsure about this bit though

Extract Universal Inject Generator, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.cia from the FBI zip to the input folder

I extracted it where it was on the pc, not onto the sd card, is this correct?

solress

Not a dev
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I put it on the root of the sd card.

I was unsure about this bit though

Extract Universal Inject Generator, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.cia from the FBI zip to the input folder

I extracted it where it was on the pc, not onto the sd card, is this correct?
You can put the injector anywhere, just make sure you have the injected .app file on your root and delete any existing hs.app and try to inject it again

booboy2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just tried again. I tried to inject and when I did it said press up,down,left,right,a to proceed and then only hs.app was selectable using the d pad.

I have checked the sd card and there are no other instances of hs.app on the sd card.

I appreciate your help so far.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here is a screenshot of my sd card

upload_2016-6-7_16-2-4.png

Am I right in thinking that when I run
  1. Double click go.bat (or execute go.shwith Terminal on Linux / Mac)
this modifies the app? Then I transfer modified app?
  1. Copy FBI_inject_with_banner.app

booboy2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As per the guide I am using a previous verson of decrypt9. I am using on from 05 05 2016.

Also just wanted to check that when I did this

Put your SD card in your computer, then copy over sysNAND_original.bin,emuNAND_original.bin, sysNAND_original.sha, and emuNAND_original.sha to a safe folder on your computer, you will need them later

I didn't get any .sha files only bin files...is this Ok

Last edited by booboy2,

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have just tried again. I tried to inject and when I did it said press up,down,left,right,a to proceed and then only hs.app was selectable using the d pad.

I have checked the sd card and there are no other instances of hs.app on the sd card.

I appreciate your help so far.
Don't you know renaming?
Double click go.bat (or execute go.shwith Terminal on Linux / Mac)
this modifies the app? Then I transfer modified app?
Why not?

booboy2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks very much Prof it worked first time perfectly.

Not sure where I was going wrong but never mind I will now continue.

I am very grateful for all your help.
Cheers

booboy2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Melon

I know how to rename files in windows.
Was that what I needed to do in this instance, and if so rename which file?

Cheers

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
If you don't use the latest decrypt9, you're probably required to rename the .app you want to inject into HS.app.
That's why you need to know renaming.

The latest decrypt9 has not had this problem. It can recognize FBI_with_banner.app and other names, if the file is valid.
If you already use the latest decrypt9, then the failure probably comes from your file corruption. Re-dump H&S.

If re-dump H&S doesn't work, check that whether you really know how to use Universal Injector.
If you ensure that you 100% know how to use Universal Injector, then use Downgrade Check 2.0 to check whether your SysNAND is a frankenfirmware.
If an EmuNAND comes from Frankened-SysNAND, then its H&S may be corrupted either.

Conclusion of failure:
- Old Decrypt9 cannot recognize filename which isn't Hs.app
- Produce corrupted FBI app by wrong operations on using Universal Injector
- H&S has been already broken because of incomplete downgrade

Too many possibilities for H&S -> FBI not working.

Last edited by MelonGx,

booboy2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for clearing that up for me melon

I have successfully completed the full installation and just installed my first rom and it loaded up fine.

One question where does fbi install game to...sd card or console memory as I can't find it on sd card and if its on the system can I delete the cia file the sd card?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by booboy2,

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
One question where does fbi install game to...sd card or console memory as I can't find it on sd card and if its on the system can I delete the cia file the sd card?
It depends on the title.
If it's a system title, whose title ID has 00040010 00040030 000400DB 00040138 prefix, then its destination is NAND.
If it's not a system title, whose title ID has 00040000 0004000x(Demo/Patch) 0004008c(DLC) prefix, then its destination is SD.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't want to start a new thread... but I'm having a similar problem on part 4 downgrade to 2.1

I have an old 3ds... everything seems to be working fine until towards the end of the downgrade process to 2.1 ...I think it's after title ending 9802 or something like that... I get the power down message. I've tried the downgrade 4 times now and each time I get that message and error... each time I have to restore my formatted emunand backup.

Any ideas on why I get the error power down message during 2.1 downgrade and anyway to prevent it?

booboy2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi mac

I had exactly the same issue.

I fixed it by...updating the rednand to the latest version again because even though we did this earlier the format removed the latest settings. Boot into rednand through hax then go to settings and check if it says lower than 11.x.xx update it without leaving the settings menu otherwise it will update sysnand and you will be in BIG trouble.

Then I followed the instructions and it worked first time.

Good luck

Gorecorpse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First, thanks in advance for the support here, already find lots of useful info. Also, sorry for bringing this up again, but I'm facing the same issue booboy2 mentioned in the initial post and this is not covered on the guide.

Here's the main issue:
--
On part 16 -
  1. Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A and confirm to inject
I do not have the option to press down and select inject with banner, there are no options on any directional button just the name "hs.app"
--

Solutions on this thread did not work for me:
1 - I tried using the FBI_inject_with_banner provided here by proflayton, but it didn't work.
2 - Also tried renaming the hs.app, and it didn't work as well.

Solution that I found and KINDA worked for me:
1 - Copying FBI_inject_with_banner to the files9 folder
It allows me to select and inject the file, but there is no apparent result. FBI does not show on SysNand after injection.

So I also think this may have something to do with the part 12:

It says to copy hs.app file, but there is no location specified. There are two versions of the file, one on the root of the SD card and another on the files9 folder. Which one should I copy?

Also, I have some observations that may help finding a solution:
- The space where there should be Health and Safety on SysNand is blank at this step. Is this ok? Or does this mean when I try to dump hs.app it is dumping a blank file? Unfortunately I don't remember exactly in which step FBI just vanished from SysNand and it become a blank space, but I remember at the time it make sense for it to vanish.
- I noticed Decrypt9WIP is pointing to files on the files9 folder
- "Open Decrypt9 (This can sometimes take a few tries), then go to "EmuNAND Options" (...)
I find it strange that this step says to go for EmuNand injection when it is clearly dealing with SysNand. Maybe is the correct procedure to select SysNand Options?

By the way, just confirmed "Health & Safety Dump" option is creating file on the files9 folder, not the SD card root.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1