Hacking HELP! my wii won't play my legit discs PLEASE HELP!

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand why you deleted all your 200+ cIOS's?

read the thread, basiclly Max told me to. He said that those are probablly CIOS files. And that would stick out like a sore thumb to nintendo if it was hacked.

Basiclly, my wii drive is broken. And nintendo is going to fix it for free. BUT I need to get rid of ALL traces of modifications.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
read the thread, basiclly Max told me to. He said that those are probablly CIOS files. And that would stick out like a sore thumb to nintendo if it was hacked.

Basiclly, my wii drive is broken. And nintendo is going to fix it for free. BUT I need to get rid of ALL traces of modifications.
Well none of what he suggested will do you any good.
http://hackmii.com/2010/04/check-disk-for-pre-repair-process/
They will know that it's been hacked regardless. Your only option is to build a clean NAND and restore it with Bootmii. If you have Bootmii as IOS, this could go wrong permanently bricking your Wii, although that shouldn't be a problem unless you have a power outage.

If you are set on virginizing your Wii, follow this guide to build a clean NAND http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/5574-Format-Wii-Nand-Using-ohneswanzenegger-Guide

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow, thanks a lot for that info.
So you're saying basiclly I should follow that guide and get a clean NAND? will this delete EVERYTHING modded then?

I mean, I already deleted all theIOS' and the korean IOS's So will getting a clean NAND help either way?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am having trouble with the guide to get new NAND. It says put in your desired system menu ect, but I am not sure what it means? here:

3ztHj.jpg

Sorry for the crappy paint skills. But basiclly I put 4.3 and got the hex thing. I assume I need a system menu right? or SHOULD I put the system menu I have? which is 4.2 as of now?

whoops never mind. I know how to get 4.2 now. But is there anything else? I don't know what stubs or anything else I need. it says I should put it what I need? I don't know what I need? also, I am not sure what to do with the folder that has the 4.2 content in it?

Like, I got the 4.2 content. And the cleaned NAND but where do I put the 4.2 folder on my SD card? it looks like a bunch of random numbers(the folder name)

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3 folders actually.
vEcn3.jpg

So I think I cleaned my NAND? I made a NAND folder like it asked. Made a copy in the copy folder. So I assume it coverted the one to clean in the root of my the folder? but yeah, need to know what these 3 folders are for and where do they go.

I only assume they all go on the root of my "nus" folder on my sd card? there's already a folder in there, so should I copy that just incase?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, put my new nand on my SD card(diden't move those folders though) went to wii, screen went black for a few seconds. But prett worried.
But a screen appeared saying "press A to continue" and it shows a hand holding a wiimote. But my wiimote isn't working now...

moved the new NUS folders to my SD and copied the old one. still nothing....

I can acess that screen like I said. But my wiimote refuses to work, help please?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
ok, put my new nand on my SD card(diden't move those folders though) went to wii, screen went black for a few seconds. But prett worried.
But a screen appeared saying "press A to continue" and it shows a hand holding a wiimote. But my wiimote isn't working now...

moved the new NUS folders to my SD and copied the old one. still nothing....

I can acess that screen like I said. But my wiimote refuses to work, help please?
Use the red buttons to sync your controller.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why won't it work?

Not sure, but good news.

Have been playing wind waker for a good hour now. And NO disc read errors. I basiclly followed a tutorial and took a disc and taped on a cleaning cloth with some alchohal and rubed in inside so it touched the lazer. I don't think I hear the grinding noise as badly now either.

No issues so far! I will be updating this thread though. Gonna keep playing and not keep my hopes up just yet.

Guys. If you could please watch this short video of me testing how loud the console sounds it be appreciated. Still very nervous and paranoid. I honestly can't hear the drive that much. But i'm still curios.:

for wii games it seems a little louder. Is that normal or...could be just me though...

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I can hear it. Every Wii is pretty loud though. That's how my Wii sounds. One great thing about USB loaders is you get rid of that sound. I don't know if you had Netflix when it first came out for the Wii, but it ran from a disc and the noise was terrible if you had the volume low.

The fact that it's working at all is great news though, it's likely that your lens was just dirty. If I were you, I'd get a HDD and start playing my games from that. That will decrease the strain on your drive, not to mention offer smoother (and quieter) loading during gameplay. You can get them pretty cheap now.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Okay, sorry for my bad advice.
Of course, wasn't sure if it would work anyhow but thought it couldn't harm anything.
Didn't think about the creating a clean NAND dump thing. I understand you'd still have to put a clean Boot2 back in and probably at least use the Wii a little bit to make it not look like you're sending the Wii in for repairs straight out of the box but sounds like a brilliant idea IMO.
Joostinonline is definitely more an expert here than me. Also, thanks for the linked article. Good to know. Also didn't know that AnyTitle Deleter made that IOS0 ticket. That's no good.

Anyway, just rambling at this point. ... anyway.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've restored using giant punes sch.... tool lol the name is way to long but I've since added it to my Sig for download for everyone :) Hope everything works out for you :)

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, It looks like it's fixed now. Are there any programs out there to play my gamecube games off USB? I want to avoid using my drive as much as possible.

Really happy it was just a case of dust though.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, It looks like it's fixed now. Are there any programs out there to play my gamecube games off USB? I want to avoid using my drive as much as possible.

Really happy it was just a case of dust though.
Wait so you couldn't play any retail games because of dust??? Someone dropped their Wii off cause it gives some kind of error when trying to play Wii games was that your problem to? I haven't looked at the Wii yet being lazy I figured they just messed something up IOS related.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait so you couldn't play any retail games because of dust??? Someone dropped their Wii off cause it gives some kind of error when trying to play Wii games was that your problem to? I haven't looked at the Wii yet being lazy I figured they just messed something up IOS related.
If you get a blue screen, that means you are missing the appropriate IOS. If you get another error, it's probably an issue with the drive or disc. Needless to say, a build up of dust can cause read errors.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, it looked like wii games were doing it too. But as of now no issues.

I had restored my old NAND (the same one I had to begin with in this thread I think) I do also know that launch wii's were known for having a lot of dust build up. Thus the big brawl disc fiasco.

Gonna keep this thread open for a couple more days. I really need to make sure everything is 100%

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get a blue screen, that means you are missing the appropriate IOS. If you get another error, it's probably an issue with the drive or disc. Needless to say, a build up of dust can cause read errors.
Is it wrong I always look forward to your responses with my quotes since your educational lol I mean that as a complement :)

No, it looked like wii games were doing it too. But as of now no issues.

I had restored my old NAND (the same one I had to begin with in this thread I think) I do also know that launch wii's were known for having a lot of dust build up. Thus the big brawl disc fiasco.

Gonna keep this thread open for a couple more days. I really need to make sure everything is 100%
I'm going to bust out this Wii albeit i don't own any retail disc anymore wait I have game cube games ;) to try. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool