Hacking Help moving data from backup to 3DS

Bocchi-Zilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
How can I move data back to my Activity Log that I backed up to my 3DS? Like the total steps and games played. I have the new 3DS and the old back up on my PC. Is there any way to move it? I managed to move my games saves with checkpoint but the other apps crash when trying to do so. Any help will be appreciated.

Kirbydogs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I move data back to my Activity Log that I backed up to my 3DS? Like the total steps and games played. I have the new 3DS and the old back up on my PC. Is there any way to move it? I managed to move my games saves with checkpoint but the other apps crash when trying to do so. Any help will be appreciated.
Hmm... I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'back-up'. Did you copy it's program folder? Or did you use Checkpoint?

Kirbydogs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, will look forward to it.
Found out how!
But! I do not believe you can take games you saved with Checkpoint and get the data onto Activity Log, as Activity log actually stores the save data inside the Activity Log file, not the game. (From what I know.)
(Here's a fun fact: My best guess to how Activity Log works is the system reports playtime of a game, and the Activity Log saves that data for you to view. Same with steps.)

1. Go to Universal Updater and search for "JKSM", and install the .3dsx file.
2. Once done, exit Universal Updater, and go to The Homebrew Launcher, specifically the 3ds folder, and launch the file.
3. This guide, although for Pokemon, works the same here, just with some few minor adjustments. I'll just paraphrase and change some rules:
3.*. This is for exporting the data so that you can you can restore this save later.
3.1. Once opened, select "Reload Titles". (Only do this when it's the first time installing JKSM or you are trying to export data for new software titles.)​
3.2. Go to System Titles, and select Activity Log. (It should the the second app to show up.)​
3.3. Click "System Save" and select "New". (This is to select a location for your save!)​
3.4. You will be prompted to input a name for this save. Name it whatever you want, whether you keep the name it gives you or you change it, it's up to you. You should be done exporting files!
3.+. Note: This will be saved in */JKSV/SysSave/Activity Log/<backup name here>.​
4. Now, we want to backup/export your data, right? Lets try it!
4.*. This is for importing the data so that you can get your logs back.
4.1. Go to Activity Log, and select System Save.​
4.2. Hover over the backup name, and press Y to restore it. It will ask you for confirmation, just hit Yes (A) to continue. You should now have restored your Activity log!
4.+. This will work for ANY software, even system software, which Checkpoint does not support.​
You now have a more advanced save manager! If you encounter any problems, you can go search online for help, or come back to GBAtemp.​

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you still have the old 3DS it would be best to do a system transfer. If you don't have access to the console but you do have a NAND backup, you can do a manual system transfer to transfer everything except the NNID that was linked to the old console (that involves copying all system save data from the NAND backup, but also the LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and movable.sed files among others)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts