Hacking HELP Me Updating my AK 2i with DSL Problem on "PRESS B"

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a non-fake Acekard 2i, and the DSL updater wouldn't work. Like I said, use the DSi/XL/3DS version. It won't hurt the Acekard.

Dark01Pain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok sorry if I was a little wary for this solution you gave me but as I said I have another AK 2i and I bricked it updating it from a 3DS (and still I don't know what went wrong).
So if I want to unbrick that card how can I do that? it's impossible with the DSi/XL/3DS version of the update file. I must use the DSL version on a DSL and there is the same problem. Nothing seem to work on my DSL. Could be the DSL the problem?

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You weren't supposed to update it from a 3DS if it's firmware was already incompatible; it needed to be on a low enough firmware for it to work.. That's probably what bricked it. Reflashing it on a DSL, or DSi that has a compatible firmware, should fix it I believe. Don't hold me to that though.

Dark01Pain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The DSi version wont hurt to try if the other DSL update won't work. Or, if you're still worried, try to get your hands on a DSi and run the DSi/XL/3DS version update. Why don't you peel the top of the anti-fake sticker, revealing the security number. Input the security number at acekard.com to see if it has ever been checked before. If the number doesn't show "1", you have a fake card.

I did the check right now and here the results :( :angry:

This Anti-Counterfeit is correct and had been checked 14 times already.
If this code shows had been checked already but it's your first time to check then you maybe bought a fake card. Please contact your vendor for refund.

Recent 10 times check status Date IP 2011-12-29 10:12 *.*.*.* 2011-12-29 06:14 *.*.*.* 2011-12-29 06:14 *.*.*.* 2011-12-29 05:44 *.*.*.* 2011-12-28 12:16 *.*.*.* 2011-12-27 11:25 *.*.*.* 2011-12-27 11:22 *.*.*.* 2011-12-25 17:52 *.*.*.* 2011-12-25 17:48 *.*.*.* 2011-12-25 11:41 *.*.*.*

SO I have a fake card :( maybe was just this the problem F**K !!!!!!!!!!

Dark01Pain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I purchased them form the DiscoAzul website (I'm in Italy so was the nearest). It's even listed on the official reseller of the AK. Anyone know where I can purchase a real one near me? A trusted site this time :(

EDIT:
So this fake AK 2i cannot be updated? Are completely useless? Or can be updated in some other ways?

iTStorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Coolgadgetsgift.com, you can use PayPal with it, and it's $18 so its pretty cheap. I got it from them and it was a confirmed real one (from Acekard's site) + It's an official Acekard reseller, only problem is that they're from China, but it shouldn't be a problem. They used Singapore Post for mine, I got it in less than 2 weeks.

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Acekard anti-clone is not great to be fair.

My cart checks out as fake, but I got it from Lightake which is an offical dealer. Not to mention the fact that it can run the latest firmware and AKAIO version (bought it when 1.8.7 was out)

iTStorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I purchased them form the DiscoAzul website (I'm in Italy so was the nearest). It's even listed on the official reseller of the AK. Anyone know where I can purchase a real one near me? A trusted site this time :(

EDIT:
So this fake AK 2i cannot be updated? Are completely useless? Or can be updated in some other ways?

Pretty sure it can't be updated, and if you somehow got it to start updating, your result would be a bricked clone, as that has been the case with flashcart clones in general.

ppowerman5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pals , there are 2 acekard sites, one is a .com the other is a .cc , check, whith those sites, and use the correct firmware, the .cc is the fake one, but it updates, and works in the latest 3.0 3ds update.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard anti-clone is not great to be fair.

My cart checks out as fake, but I got it from Lightake which is an offical dealer. Not to mention the fact that it can run the latest firmware and AKAIO version (bought it when 1.8.7 was out)
I bought one of my Acekard 2i cards at Lightake and the security code was only checked by me. Lightake sells both real and fakes but they price the fakes cheaper. I'm guessing you added the cheaper Acekard 2i to your cart before you checked out. :(

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
If this AK is a fake than make some photos in macro mode. Maybe there are some differences to original.Before updating prepare msd. Full / erase format not quick. If msd is messed up so could not work with some files.

Vash_HS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a similar problem to the OP, I ran the DSL version and pressing B didn't work. I ran the DSI version and it says update canceled as soon as I run it. HW: 81. I have no idea if this is a fake or not since I bought it years ago but I had no issue updating it to the Alex Rider firmware and I can run 1.8.9 AKIO. Any idea what the problem is?

I got the update with the Prince Caspian icon but I can't get the newest one to work. My chip ID is 0fc2 if that helps.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a similar problem to the OP, I ran the DSL version and pressing B didn't work. I ran the DSI version and it says update canceled as soon as I run it. HW: 81. I have no idea if this is a fake or not since I bought it years ago but I had no issue updating it to the Alex Rider firmware and I can run 1.8.9 AKIO. Any idea what the problem is?

EDIT: Never mind, I got it to update. My new icon is Prince Caspian, is that the newest firmware?
Read this thread for the bad news. You have a clone.

Vash_HS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real Hot Stuff is a reputable dealer. Got mine from there.

Thanks, it's sad, I can update all the way to DSi 1.4.2 but the latest update is the only one that didn't work.It's weird that there was no way to realize it was a fake until the 1.4.3 update.

EDIT: Okay, so I figured perhaps my Acekard was real and I was just getting a bad update file, I went straight to the Acekard site and dl this update. The new icon is Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian. Is this the latest? Can I update my DSi to the newest firmware now and be okay?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches