Messed up my update. Please help me (also please don't ignore this post, I really need your help!)

Constellation45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The latest pokemon scarlet/violet update did not work, so I've tried to update using this tutorial:

Then I got the "Fatal Error occured when running fuséé.bin." error message.
These two tutorials...:

...Helped me boot my Switch up. But my album has the normal pictures, all of my games give the error "Could not start the software. Press try again from the HOME menu" and I also deleted Tinfoil because of panic, after It did not run.

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, NEVER use video tutorials. Since they get out of date quickly. Always refer to one of the many guides (https://switch.hacks.guide for example)

If you are trying to boot the hbmenu from the album. Try to hold ZR while opening. You can also try holding R while booting a game/software.

The "Could not start the software. Press try again from the HOME menu" error could be because you don't have the latest sigpatches. You will need to download with either https://github.com/Huntereb/Awoo-Installer (Awoo-Installer) or https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sigpatch-updater/releases (Sigpatch-updater)

Last edited by PopcornSweetie,

Constellation45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
First of all, NEVER use video tutorials. Since they get out of date quickly. Always refer to one of the many guides (https://switch.hacks.guide for example)
Okay, I promise I won't be doing It next time.

If you are trying to boot the hbmenu from the album. Try to hold ZR while opening.
I've tried It multiple times, but It did not work. Still just the normal album.
The "Could not start the software. Press try again from the HOME menu" error could be because you don't have the latest sigpatches. You will need to download with either https://github.com/Huntereb/Awoo-Installer (Awoo-Installer) or https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sigpatch-updater/releases (Sigpatch-updater)
Would It be possible to update sigpatches without any app? I don't know how could I run anything without the hbmenu.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please explain It in greater detail? This is too confusing for me.
Can't be simpeler then that but okay..:

Download the file in the first link (it's called Atmosphere+ Hekate 17.0.0 something) Unzip it using WinRAR or 7-Zip and put the bootloader folder and the atmosphere folder on the root of your microSD card (when you click on your microSD card. That is your root a.k.a the beginning (D:// or whatever letter yours is)

Second link is just information: When you boot a game/app while holding R. You can get into hbmenu just like if you would launch the album. But this mode is actually more handy. Since it allows the switch to have more memory free for software to launch/work. Applet Mode (The hbmenu when you launch the Album) is usable for small software, but some software/games can't run in that mode.

Constellation45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Can't be simpeler then that but okay..:

Download the file in the first link (it's called Atmosphere+ Hekate 17.0.0 something) Unzip it using WinRAR or 7-Zip and put the bootloader folder and the atmosphere folder on the root of your microSD card (when you click on your microSD card. That is your root a.k.a the beginning (D:// or whatever letter yours is)

Second link is just information: When you boot a game/app while holding R. You can get into hbmenu just like if you would launch the album. But this mode is actually more handy. Since it allows the switch to have more memory free for software to launch/work. Applet Mode (The hbmenu when you launch the Album) is usable for small software, but some software/games can't run in that mode.
I did the first. I used an RCM Loader with the newest fusee.bin. The loader had a silver/white flashing and gave me this error:
iATeJXg.jpg

Changed the flashing to green, then booted up again, but It's still the same. I have also tried holding R, while opening a game. Tried this with three different games, but, like with the album, no hb menu, just the "Could not start the software. Press try again from the HOME menu", like I'm pressing nothing.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
So you can't boot the Switch with the RCM Loader? Then how can you try to launch hbmenu?
Do you give up on the RCM Loader and just start your Switch normally? If that is the case then you are not in cfw and your problem is the RCM Loader and not the hbmenu.
Go to settings and check your firmware version. If it does not say AMS x.x.x after the firmware version you are in ofw

Reactions: BigOnYa

Constellation45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So you can't boot the Switch with the RCM Loader? Then how can you try to launch hbmenu?
Do you give up on the RCM Loader and just start your Switch normally? If that is the case then you are not in cfw and your problem is the RCM Loader and not the hbmenu.
Go to settings and check your firmware version. If it does not say AMS x.x.x after the firmware version you are in ofw

I can. At first I couldn't. There's that flashing thing next to the + button. It was silverish-white, when I pressed It and It gave me the MicroSD boot.dat error?

I turned off my Switch and I kept pressing the + button until the flashing went from light grey to green. When I injected with the green flashing, I could boot up my Switch.

But doing what BigOnYa and PopcornSweetie told me: copying the atmosphere and bootloader folders, do the boot then and trying to run games while holding down the R button did not fix the problem. I still can't see my hbmenu, nor can I run games.

Edit: You're right, I can't see AMS, so I must be in OFW. I thought if I can see my installed games, then I must be in CFW. That explains a lot.

Edit2: How can I go back?

Last edited by Constellation45,

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the first. I used an RCM Loader with the newest fusee.bin. The loader had a silver/white flashing and gave me this error:
iATeJXg.jpg

Changed the flashing to green, then booted up again, but It's still the same. I have also tried holding R, while opening a game. Tried this with three different games, but, like with the album, no hb menu, just the "Could not start the software. Press try again from the HOME menu", like I'm pressing nothing.
Use Dragonboot. I use it with my RCM loader and Hekate.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/dragonboot-for-atmosphere-generic-rcm-tools.581600/

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So, should I drop this file into one of my folders in the rcm loader (if so, which one)?
Nay on your sd card. The RCM Loader just send a payload that looks for a file on the sd card.

EDIT: Oh the dragonboot file? Hmm... can you even update your rcm loader with it?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I can. At first I couldn't. There's that flashing thing next to the + button. It was silverish-white, when I pressed It and It gave me the MicroSD boot.dat error?

I turned off my Switch and I kept pressing the + button until the flashing went from light grey to green. When I injected with the green flashing, I could boot up my Switch.

But doing what BigOnYa and PopcornSweetie told me: copying the atmosphere and bootloader folders, do the boot then and trying to run games while holding down the R button did not fix the problem. I still can't see my hbmenu, nor can I run games.

Edit: You're right, I can't see AMS, so I must be in OFW. I thought if I can see my installed games, then I must be in CFW. That explains a lot.

Edit2: How can I go back?
When you can see your games in ofw that means you use sysmmc for cfw
So you will boot into the same mmc (sysmmc) for both ofw and cfw. But naturally you won't be able to start homebrew or you cfw games.
Your problem is the RCM Loader or your cfw setup on the sd card. Do you know what payload you send with the RCM Loader?

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, should I drop this file into one of my folders in the rcm loader (if so, which one)?

Put that file on the RCM Loader. The folder name doesn't matter. As long it is on a folder (name it Atmosphere for simplicity)

The RCM Loader will look for \atmosphere (folder)\reboot_payload.bin (file) winch SHOULD be included with Atmosphere.

If it still doesn't work. Format your SD Card and start fresh from here. Assuming you have a V1 Switch.
https://switch.hacks.guide

Constellation45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Put that file on the RCM Loader. The folder name doesn't matter. As long it is on a folder (name it Atmosphere for simplicity)

The RCM Loader will look for \atmosphere (folder)\reboot_payload.bin (file) winch SHOULD be included with Atmosphere.

If it still doesn't work. Format your SD Card and start fresh from here. Assuming you have a V1 Switch.
unfortunatelly It did not work neither. Yes, I do have a v1 Switch. Thank you very much for the help.
Post automatically merged:

Now It works! I'm not quite sure, exactly what fixed It, but an attempt with the rcm dongle with athmosphere hekate gave me the "A fatal error occurred when running Atmosphère Program ID: 010000000000bd00".

Following the guide for MissionControl (deleted 010000000000bd00, bluetooth_patches and btm_patches, then copy the mission control contents to the root of the SD card) - somehow - brought back my cfw. Thank very much all the help and patience for everyone! You guys are awesome! :bow::shy:

Last edited by Constellation45,
  • Love
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto