Dark01Pain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi to everybody

I have a problem with an AK 2i (not updated with the latest firmware). In practice, I should upgrade to the latest firmware to make it works on a 3DS v.3.0. Then I followed the step by step guide to update it but I'm not able to do that. Because my 3DS is already updated to 3.0 I can not use it but luckily I also have a DS Lite (a red one, don't know if matter) then I prepared the MicroSD with the necessary files (as written in the guide), I put the AK 2i in the DSL and I executed the ak2ifw_update_3ds30_DSi143_onDSL.nds then the program asks me to remove and reinsert the card and here lies the problem. I did the swap but when I press B nothing happens, the update does not go forward. Remains completely blocked. I also tried to start the update with a M3 DS Real but does exactly the same thing.
What am I doing wrong?
Does anyone know how I can solve? I'm forced to borrow another DSLite?
Help me
thanks a lot

P.S.: Previously I updated another AK 2i (of a friend) from a 3DS v1.0 and the update freezed at 0% bricking my AK 2i. What am I did wrong this time?

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try running the DSi/XL/3DS version of the update instead of the DSL version. That's what worked for me.

Dark01Pain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try running the DSi/XL/3DS version of the update instead of the DSL version. That's what worked for me.
But I have a DSL, if I run that version there is a chance to brick the AK? I mean that all the tutorial say to use the DSL version if you use a DSL to update it so it's safe?
you have to push be when the card is out i think, i had the same problem updating my ak2i as well
Tried this too but same result, stuck on press B.

frogboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I have a DSL, if I run that version there is a chance to brick the AK? I mean that all the tutorial say to use the DSL version if you use a DSL to update it so it's safe?
Did you even read the rest of my post? :ha:

Dark01Pain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you even read the rest of my post? :ha:

Yeah I read it :) I'm just afraid to brick another AK. That's why I double asked XD
Could be a MicroSD card problem? I tried with different version (2GB, 8GB Class 4 Kingston) all formatted with the panasonic tool

frogboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I read it :) I'm just afraid to brick another AK. That's why I double asked XD
Could be a MicroSD card problem? I tried with different version (2GB, 8GB Class 4 Kingston) all formatted with the panasonic tool
I don't think it would be a problem with the microSD. Try running the DSL version a few more times, and if it STILL doesn't work, I'd just run the DSi version. I don't think you can brick it that way.

Dark01Pain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think it would be a problem with the microSD. Try running the DSL version a few more times, and if it STILL doesn't work, I'd just run the DSi version. I don't think you can brick it that way.
It's not that I don't trust you but before doing this last thing you suggest, there is anyone else that can confirm it's really safe?
thanks

jimyneutrons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello,
there are two firmware for acekard 2i:
the HW44 can be updated in the moment and the HW88 which can be updated in for 3DS

HW44 Can’t Update for 1.4.3 Temporary

Update for DSi1.4.3 can’t support Acekard 2i AK2i of HW44 temporary now. We’re still looking into it. Please be patient. And we’re sorry for all the inconvenience caused.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello,
there are two firmware for acekard 2i:
the HW44 can be updated in the moment and the HW88 which can be updated in for 3DS

HW44 Can’t Update for 1.4.3 Temporary

Update for DSi1.4.3 can’t support Acekard 2i AK2i of HW44 temporary now. We’re still looking into it. Please be patient. And we’re sorry for all the inconvenience caused.

To check your version of PCB, boot up your Acekard 2i in your DS Lite, select "Start" and then "More" and then "Help" and it will say HW** near the bottom. If it says HW44, then the post I quoted above, states your problem. HW44 indicates an early model Acekard 2i, and you'll need a new Acekard 2i (HW88) to have compatibility with higher firmware revisions.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nobody else know what's worng? and what to do?
please help me
As the poster above said, check whether your ak2i's are HWID-81 or HWID-44. The updater should tell you which one it is. If it's 44, it won't be able to update. You can also press start > more > help to see which HW you have (it'll say "HW:81" or "HW:44")

Wiip™

Worth a penny.
Trophies
XP
Country
Try to borrow a DS(i) from someone else.
And check the HWID of Your card, You can't update if it's HW44. :sleep:
(You can find Your HWID by pressing START then HELP.)

Dark01Pain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I forgot to say before that my HW id is 81. I already know that the version 44 had some problem. So my version should be fine and I already tried to fix the contact with the paper trick and stuff like that but with no luck. The card have even the anti-fake seal so I think it's a genuine real AceKard but I really don't understand that is the problem.
I even tried 3 different MicroSD card formatted correctly with the panasonic tool but always "freeze" to the PRESS B.

An user suggested to use the DSi/XL/3DS version of the update instead of the DSL version even if I'm updating with a DSL, but this is safe?

Dark01Pain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm reading this and it's very worrying.
But I have the anti counterfeit seal on the card and I purchased it on a famous website (DiscoAz**) and hope to be even reliable
Acekard 2i Update Software Tell the Truth

If Acekard users could not open the Acekard 2i to check, they can use the Acekard 1.41 update file (update for 1.41 of DSi) to confirm.
Users can download update for 1.41 of DSi officially, and then have it tested for Acekard card on DS Lite or DSi console with version lower than 1.4.1.
(1) If run ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds on DS Lite, the fake Acekard 2i refused to respond even operated as instructed.
Update%20Directly.jpg

Dark01Pain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It sure seems like you have a fake Acekard 2i :(
But I even have the sticker with the code for the anti-fake check. And the website where I purchase it is famous and listed on the official reseller on the official website. I really get fake card? :(

Again, this is another problem I've been through. Got it working after running the original DSi/3DS version. DSL version would not continue forward.
So you suggest to use the other version for DSi/XL/3DS even if I'm using a DSL to update it?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSi version wont hurt to try if the other DSL update won't work. Or, if you're still worried, try to get your hands on a DSi and run the DSi/XL/3DS version update. Why don't you peel the top of the anti-fake sticker, revealing the security number. Input the security number at acekard.com to see if it has ever been checked before. If the number doesn't show "1", you have a fake card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup