Hendroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ohai everyone.

Today I installed the homebrew channel on my wii with bootmii wich I was able to install with boot2
biggrin.gif
Well when I start my wii without the SD card in nothing happens, the screen turns black and I don't get the Health and Safety screen from Nintendo. When the Sd card is in bootmii loads and but my wii mote wont connect. I can get to the HBC but my wii mote won't connect so I can't select anything. I back-upped my wii after it was bricked with the bootmii and tried to recover but nothing happens...

COULD ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?!!!
If my wii does not get fixed im going to be emo.

Regards, Hendroit -.\\ :'(

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
bootmii only works wii gamecube controllers or by tapping the power, rest or ejsct button on the front of the wii, your wii shouldnt be bricked u just needed to read the reame.docx file that came with hacmii

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hendroit said:
Ohai everyone.

Today I installed the homebrew channel on my wii with bootmii wich I was able to install with boot2
biggrin.gif
Well when I start my wii without the SD card in nothing happens, the screen turns black and I don't get the Health and Safety screen from Nintendo. When the Sd card is in bootmii loads and but my wii mote wont connect. I can get to the HBC but my wii mote won't connect so I can't select anything. I back-upped my wii after it was bricked with the bootmii and tried to recover but nothing happens...

COULD ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?!!!
If my wii does not get fixed im going to be emo.

Regards, Hendroit -.\\ :'(

you cannot use Wiimote in the Bootmii menu use a game cube pad or use the POWER and RESET buttons to CYCLE the options
smile.gif

if you can get to the HBC you will need to read more on reinstalling the system menu by wads or downgrade/upgrade through HBC via wads ...there are lots of guides on it here use the search!

Why on earth did you back it up AFTER THE BRICK !? ...that's like locking the gate after the horse has bolted!
blink.gif

Of course it wont work you backed up a Bricked Wii doh!

Hendroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pepxl said:
bootmii only works wii gamecube controllers or by tapping the power, rest or ejsct button on the front of the wii, your wii shouldnt be bricked u just needed to read the reame.docx file that came with hacmii
So you are saying that if I get a gamecube controller then I would be able to navigate trough the HBC? or just the bootmii?

Hendroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What if some1 could send me their NAND backups or give me a website where I could download the NAND from and then replace it with the wrong backup on my SD card. Will that work?

Regards, Hendroit

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hendroit said:
What if some1 could send me their NAND backups or give me a website where I could download the NAND from and then replace it with the wrong backup on my SD card. Will that work?

Regards, Hendroit

nand back ups from other machines will NOT work on yours. if it actually flashes, its a good way to make sure your wii will never work again.
also re-read the posts above, you dont need a gc controller.

Hendroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hartleyshc said:
Hendroit said:

Regards, Hendroit

nand back ups from other machines will NOT work on yours. if it actually flashes, its a good way to make sure your wii will never work again.
also re-read the posts above, you dont need a gc controller.

I know that I dont need a gc controller to navigate through bootmii. But how can I navigate through HBC when my wii-mote won't connect?

Hendroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does someone have suggestions of what I could do to unbrick my wii?
My wii is out of warranty and I prefer not to pay for repairs...

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hendroit said:
I know that I dont need a gc controller to navigate through bootmii. But how can I navigate through HBC when my wii-mote won't connect?

have you tried re-syncing the controller once you've booted into hbc? *pushing the red button on the wii and the red button on the controller*
if it still won't sync then, then yes, get a gc controller used somewhere and use that.

Hendroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hartleyshc said:
Hendroit said:

have you tried re-syncing the controller once you've booted into hbc? *pushing the red button on the wii and the red button on the controller*
if it still won't sync then, then yes, get a gc controller used somewhere and use that.

Tried re-syncing controller, won't work. Do you know if I need an origional gamecube controller or can I just use a 3rd party gamecube controller?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hendroit said:
hartleyshc said:
Hendroit said:

Tried re-syncing controller, won't work. Do you know if I need an origional gamecube controller or can I just use a 3rd party gamecube controller?

yes a 3rd party gamecube controller would work
smile.gif

Hendroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kobykaan said:
Hendroit said:
hartleyshc said:
Hendroit said:

smile.gif

Will wireless also work? because I dont have a gc controller I consider to buy one but I prefer a wireless controller...
biggrin.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hendroit said:
kobykaan said:
Hendroit said:
hartleyshc said:
Hendroit said:

smile.gif

Will wireless also work? because I dont have a gc controller I consider to buy one but I prefer a wireless controller...
biggrin.gif

best maby to get a wired one which will also be useful at the bootmii stage instead of the console buttons it avoids any sync issues
smile.gif

Hendroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I have my gamecube controller now but I cant seem to navigate trough wadinstaller wich really sucks. In addiction to that my router broke yesterday meaning that I no longer have a working internet connection on my wii. Is there any way to setup a new internet connection using a homebrew app(wich does work with a gamecube controller). Im asking this because my neighbours have an unprotected WiFi connection (yes I know it is kind of illegal but I think this is the only way to fix my wii before 4:00PM because then me and my family are heading to Italie on a holiday of two weeks and it would be nice if I could take my wii with me...

help me please!

Regards, Hendroit

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have wad manager? What system menu are you on? Do you have preloader or bootmii? What exactly is the problem? System menu can't boot up at all or does just WADinstaller not work? Need more information to help you dude.

Edit: What are you planning to do with the internet connection exactly? Run Waninkoko's 4.0 updater?

Hendroit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Servdogg said:
Do you have wad manager? What system menu are you on? Do you have preloader or bootmii? What exactly is the problem? System menu can't boot up at all or does just WADinstaller not work? Need more information to help you dude.

Edit: What are you planning to do with the internet connection exactly? Run Waninkoko's 4.0 updater?

I have wadmanager 1.3, im on system menu 4.0E and I have bootmii installed with boot2. My wii bricked and some guys here said that I could unbrick it by using anyregion changer or wii firmware downgrader. I looked a tutorial up on google and I had to install a wad but I cant install that wad if I'm not able to navigate trough wadinstaller, also my wiimote wont sync.
And I will need an internet connection to downgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...