Help! I think my wii bricked

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Hendroit, Jul 4, 2009.

Jul 4, 2009

Help! I think my wii bricked by Hendroit at 3:20 PM (2,792 Views / 0 Likes) 27 replies

1. Hendroit
    OP

Newcomer Hendroit Member

Netherlands
    Ohai everyone.

Today I installed the homebrew channel on my wii with bootmii wich I was able to install with boot2 [​IMG] Well when I start my wii without the SD card in nothing happens, the screen turns black and I don't get the Health and Safety screen from Nintendo. When the Sd card is in bootmii loads and but my wii mote wont connect. I can get to the HBC but my wii mote won't connect so I can't select anything. I back-upped my wii after it was bricked with the bootmii and tried to recover but nothing happens...

COULD ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?!!!
    If my wii does not get fixed im going to be emo.

Regards, Hendroit -.\\ :'(

2. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    bootmii only works wii gamecube controllers or by tapping the power, rest or ejsct button on the front of the wii, your wii shouldnt be bricked u just needed to read the reame.docx file that came with hacmii

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

you cannot use Wiimote in the Bootmii menu use a game cube pad or use the POWER and RESET buttons to CYCLE the options [​IMG]

if you can get to the HBC you will need to read more on reinstalling the system menu by wads or downgrade/upgrade through HBC via wads ...there are lots of guides on it here use the search!

Why on earth did you back it up AFTER THE BRICK !? ...that's like locking the gate after the horse has bolted! [​IMG]

Of course it wont work you backed up a Bricked Wii doh!

4. Hendroit
    OP

Newcomer Hendroit Member

Netherlands
    So you are saying that if I get a gamecube controller then I would be able to navigate trough the HBC? or just the bootmii?

5. Hendroit
    OP

Newcomer Hendroit Member

Netherlands
    What if some1 could send me their NAND backups or give me a website where I could download the NAND from and then replace it with the wrong backup on my SD card. Will that work?

Regards, Hendroit

6. hartleyshc

Member hartleyshc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    nand back ups from other machines will NOT work on yours. if it actually flashes, its a good way to make sure your wii will never work again.
    also re-read the posts above, you dont need a gc controller.

7. Hendroit
    OP

Newcomer Hendroit Member

Netherlands
    I know that I dont need a gc controller to navigate through bootmii. But how can I navigate through HBC when my wii-mote won't connect?

8. Hendroit
    OP

Newcomer Hendroit Member

Netherlands
    Does someone have suggestions of what I could do to unbrick my wii?
    My wii is out of warranty and I prefer not to pay for repairs...

9. Vergil902

Newcomer Vergil902 Member

United States
    connect a gamecube controller, run anyregion changer or firmware downgrader from the homebrew channel, done.

10. Vergil902

Newcomer Vergil902 Member

United States
    sry internet was acting up [​IMG]

11. hartleyshc

Member hartleyshc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    have you tried re-syncing the controller once you've booted into hbc? *pushing the red button on the wii and the red button on the controller*
    if it still won't sync then, then yes, get a gc controller used somewhere and use that.

12. Hendroit
    OP

Newcomer Hendroit Member

Netherlands
    Tried re-syncing controller, won't work. Do you know if I need an origional gamecube controller or can I just use a 3rd party gamecube controller?

13. kobykaan

United Kingdom

yes a 3rd party gamecube controller would work [​IMG]

14. Hendroit
    OP

Newcomer Hendroit Member

Netherlands
    Will wireless also work? because I dont have a gc controller I consider to buy one but I prefer a wireless controller... [​IMG]

15. kobykaan

United Kingdom
    best maby to get a wired one which will also be useful at the bootmii stage instead of the console buttons it avoids any sync issues [​IMG]

16. Hendroit
    OP

Newcomer Hendroit Member

Netherlands
    read below
    |
    |
    |
    V

17. Hendroit
    OP

Newcomer Hendroit Member

Netherlands
    So I have my gamecube controller now but I cant seem to navigate trough wadinstaller wich really sucks. In addiction to that my router broke yesterday meaning that I no longer have a working internet connection on my wii. Is there any way to setup a new internet connection using a homebrew app(wich does work with a gamecube controller). Im asking this because my neighbours have an unprotected WiFi connection (yes I know it is kind of illegal but I think this is the only way to fix my wii before 4:00PM because then me and my family are heading to Italie on a holiday of two weeks and it would be nice if I could take my wii with me...

help me please!

Regards, Hendroit

18. Servdogg

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Do you have wad manager? What system menu are you on? Do you have preloader or bootmii? What exactly is the problem? System menu can't boot up at all or does just WADinstaller not work? Need more information to help you dude.

Edit: What are you planning to do with the internet connection exactly? Run Waninkoko's 4.0 updater?

19. Hendroit
    OP

Newcomer Hendroit Member

Netherlands
    I have wadmanager 1.3, im on system menu 4.0E and I have bootmii installed with boot2. My wii bricked and some guys here said that I could unbrick it by using anyregion changer or wii firmware downgrader. I looked a tutorial up on google and I had to install a wad but I cant install that wad if I'm not able to navigate trough wadinstaller, also my wiimote wont sync.
    And I will need an internet connection to downgrade.

20. Servdogg

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have you tried to install the wad with wad manager 1.3?