Hacking HELP! I RAN THE DSI 1.4.3 UPDATE ON MY NINTENDO DS LITE NOT KNOWIN

iluvanimestyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a nintendo ds lite ad i updated not know so my ds can't detect my r4 anymore and i dont have a dsi please is there a way to downgrade or something please help

iluvanimestyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably mean that you updated your DSi.

Find someone with a DSLite and update your R4.
No i have a DS LITE and a R4i GOLD 3DS and i couldn't get WOOD r4 to work so i downloaded the DSi 1.4.3 patch and i ran it from my DS Lite. Now my DS Lite does not detect my r4

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

No i have a DS LITE and a R4i GOLD 3DS and i couldn't get WOOD r4 to work so i downloaded the DSi 1.4.3 patch and i ran it from my DS Lite. Now my DS Lite does not detect my r4
Provide us the website of the flashcart (printed on the sticker and/or on the box) to determine which, exact r4i gold 3ds you have. If wood r4 (assuming that you got it off of the official website) isn't working, it might be another flashcart with the same name.

iluvanimestyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Provide us the website of the flashcart (printed on the sticker and/or on the box) to determine which, exact r4i gold 3ds you have. If wood r4 (assuming that you got it off of the official website) isn't working, it might be another flashcart with the same name.
R4I 3DS (N3DS/NDSi/NDSL/NDS)
WWW.R4I-GOLD.COM

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
WWW.R4I-GOLD.COM
I'm not sure why, but apparently, the website is down (Chrome says that "This webpage has a redirect loop").

Before unbricking your cart, you'll need another working flashcart and a ds phat/lite (you have a lite, so no worries about this). I don't specifically know how the updater of that website's cart works, but if it asked to swap the flashcart before updating, you'll be able to reflash your bricked cart, fixing it. If it doesn't ask for a swap, you won't be able to recover your cart. Can you recall if the updater asked for a swap?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg R4 should be wiped off the face of the earth!! just spent a little extra for supercard two trust me it's fucking worth the price.

iluvanimestyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WWW.R4I-GOLD.COM
I'm not sure why, but apparently, the website is down (Chrome says that "This webpage has a redirect loop").

Before unbricking your cart, you'll need another working flashcart and a ds phat/lite (you have a lite, so no worries about this). I don't specifically know how the updater of that website's cart works, but if it asked to swap the flashcart before updating, you'll be able to reflash your bricked cart, fixing it. If it doesn't ask for a swap, you won't be able to recover your cart. Can you recall if the updater asked for a swap?

WWW.R4I-GOLD.COM

Go to google and search "R4i-Gold.com and click "downloads" from the results and it should direct to the site. Yeah when i put the nds updater file onto my r4, i ran it on my DS Lite cuz i didn't know it was to update the Dsi to 1.4.3 so i ran it and it just did the updating and it said it was done and to turn off the power so i did and it didn't detect the r4. i didn't have to take out the r4, put another r4 in, or do anything else it just updated after i clicked on the .nds updater file.

iluvanimestyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't be a tramp, get an acekard.
Look, im seeking help here. If you're not going to help at least dont say anything. I'm trying to fix this R4 because it actually costed me money to get and i dont feel like paying for another one. I would get an acekard if there's no other possible way but im trying not to waste money as much as i can

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Go to google and search "R4i-Gold.com and click "downloads" from the results and it should direct to the site. Yeah when i put the nds updater file onto my r4, i ran it on my DS Lite cuz i didn't know it was to update the Dsi to 1.4.3 so i ran it and it just did the updating and it said it was done and to turn off the power so i did and it didn't detect the r4. i didn't have to take out the r4, put another r4 in, or do anything else it just updated after i clicked on the .nds updater file.
Okay, I did find the website, but since the updater doesn't give you an option to swap, there's no way (that I know of) to fix your cart. Sorry I couldn't help.

Look, im seeking help here. If you're not going to help at least dont say anything. I'm trying to fix this R4 because it actually costed me money to get and i dont feel like paying for another one. I would get an acekard if there's no other possible way but im trying not to waste money as much as i can
Not to sound like a dick or anything, but assuming you're going to pirate games using flashcarts, you aren't losing anything. Current flashcarts costs $20 or less, which is equal to or less than a single retail ds game. You get to play loads of games, although you have to have patience and money for a micro sd card.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Reactions: 1 person

samethernet

Trophies
XP
Country
First of this shouldn't be posted the 3ds hacking and homebrew area,

Second Trash the R4, get a better card like the Acecard 2i or Supercard 2 or the EZ-flash VI
I own the EZ-flash VI, its been Great with My DSI, I've got a 3DS which works with it but i rather keep it away from the 3DS

but if you wanna keep your R4, it may be able to restore its functionality i'm not sure as i never have owned one of them

iluvanimestyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4