Hacking HELP! I Bricked My Wii from Trying to Install a Theme!

light_kun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was trying to install a theme onto my Wii. It said it was complete and I exited the Homebrew Channel. Now it's bricked when I turned it on. I have preloader installed with 4.0 NTSC. Please help me fix this!

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reinstall the 00000072.app. That's NTSC. If you reinstall it won't brick. 00000072.app is the NTSC original theme. You installed a bad theme. It's just a semi brick. If you can acces preloader it's fine, also, install bootmii as boot2 if you can.

light_kun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you tell me a step-by-step how to install 00000072.app? I already have it on the root of my SD Card.

light_kun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My homebrew channel freezes when I open it through preloader...

EDIT: I finally fixed it! Thanks for the help. I had to make it autoboot the Homebrew Channel to get it to work. Fianlly I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rustybannana: Wouldn't he be able to install the hackmii installer to his wii and run it? Or install the tweak toy dol to his wii and install it, run it, install theme?

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Tbh I dont know, You are probably right! I only know about launching the HBC from preloader from personal experience when ive had a problem
smile.gif

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look here to install dol files to your wii. Install the tweak toy .dol to your wii and launch from there. Then, install 00000072.app, I use MyMenuify, so I don't know how tweak toy works. MyMenuify is safer because it won't install if it's a bad theme
tongue.gif

light_kun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool thanks guys. Say if I want to revert back to the original Wii theme, I just install 00000072.app through MyMenuify?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D