the Scarecrow
OP
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If you're among the gamers here familiar with developer dragula96's work in the PSP scene, you may be in for a surprise. The coder dropped by the QJ.NET PlayStation 3 forums to announce that work has been completed on a Hello World exploit the Sony console, this time via firmware 2.20.

dragula96's hasn't provided any exact details yet, though he states this attempt was pulled off on unmodified 60GB and 40GB PS3 retail models. The dev also states that this attempt took a total of nine hours to achieve.

Before you get too excited however, dragula96 further explained that this Hello World exploit probably won't enable users to load ISO files to their PS3. What it does imply is that the console could be opened up to homebrew game programming.

The developer also enclosed a video to go with this announcement - details on how this hack was achieved and source codes are expected to be released at a later date. Those interested in joining the discussions regarding this news can visit the dev's thread over at the QJ.NET PS3 Hacks, Exploits and Homebrew Forums.

Source: QJ PS3

QUOTEAuthor's comments

so iv found a way to program homebrew to the ps3.
took me all day to get it to work but here is a Hello world proof of concept.

its a short video, i can not share how it is done at the moment, i still need more testing, and i need to see if i can actually get a game of pong working.
I will share the method and source code in time.
this does not require any hardware modification.
this method has been tested on a ps3 60 gig and a ps3 40 gig, both of which have current 2.20 firmware.
both are retail models, not development models!

In the video, you can see some tape on my tv, that is to hide mac and ip addresses.

there are no cuts in video at all.

I have spent somewhere around 9 hours to get this working. and i hope you guys don't think this is a fake, i have a good reputation in the psp scene. I would not release something if it was fake (even if it is close to April Fools Day).

i do not know the extent of which the discovery will let me program, but i seriously doubt this will lead to any iso loader, it does however have the potential of enabling homebrew game programming i believe.

Looks a little sketchy doesnt it.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmmm ... I wonder what is making that clicking noise, that seems to happen every time the screen changes?

A remote, perhaps?
tongue.gif

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
thebobevil said:
hmmm ... I wonder what is making that clicking noise, that seems to happen every time the screen changes?

A remote, perhaps?
tongue.gif
Could be camera stand. or if you mean that another sound that's coming from controller.

Might be bad april 1st joke
tongue.gif
but hopefully it's real.

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SpikeyNDS said:
Too close to April 1st for me to believe this.

True, but at least this guy has released programs before which gives him a bit of credibility however it seems most of his PSP applications have been coded in LUA which removes most of that credibility lol.

Would be nice to see the PS3 finally open to proper XMB Homebrew and not the current method of a gimped Linux install

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o