• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Healthcare in the USA is a joke and I'll tell you why

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't mentioned because it's nonsense. Privatization drives up the cost of everything it touches. Less regulation just means more price fixing and higher costs.

ISP's depend on state and local governments for "right-of'way" (infrastructure). Government is in a superb position to promote fair competition in this sector; they do not.
There is a reason that ISP's spent $80 million in lobbying just last year.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ISP's depend on state and local governments for "right-of'way" (infrastructure). Government is in a superb position to promote fair competition in this sector; they do not.
Because our government is currently right-wing and doesn't give a shit how many laws and regulations corporations violate. Candidates like Bernie Sanders have called for the break-up of Comcast and other big tech companies. It's best if we're proactive and don't give the healthcare market the opportunity to become equally shitty to begin with. It's really bad now, but it can always get worse.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: IncredulousP

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because our government is currently right-wing.
Well, Right wing/Left wing is all horseshit to me, so I can't speak to that. (I personally don't see any significance to political parties beyond checks and balances).

Candidates like Bernie Sanders have called for the break-up of Comcast and other big tech companies.
Bernie Sanders accepts millions in political 'donations' from 4 of the largest tech companies in the US, so I'm not sure I follow you there.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bernie Sanders accepts millions in political 'donations' from 4 of the largest tech companies in the US, so I'm not sure I follow you there.
Sounds like something straight out of a tabloid. He only takes individual donations, and the highest possible donation is $2800. His average donation is $17, though, and he's notably returned even small donations that came from millionaires and/or billionaires.

Not that it makes much difference, because there are also capitalist candidates out there calling for the same thing. It's not something you say unless you're willing to piss off the big tech donors.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: IncredulousP

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are as absolutely, incredibly stupid, as Cotz. Trump trying to fix it? Where's the plan he's been promising for three years now that was going to be the be all, end all, healthcare plan? Answer... he has NOTHING and never has. And "do nothing Democrats"? You obviously stole that one straight from Trumps own mouth/Twitter, and once again, you fall for it. Have anything new or original? How about you ask Mitch why there are hundreds of Dem bills on his desk that he flat out REFUSES to bring to Senate. And you want to talk about do nothing? Hypocrite!
Wow, you must be a democrat. You take every thing wrong with yourself and turn it around and say I'm guilty of it. Maybe if you did a little research yourself instead of only relying on your puppet masters in the democrat ran news sources, you would see what Trump has been doing to help the US and its citizens instead of just wasting time trying to impeach somebody who committed no crimes or offenses that are impeachable.

Plus, how many times have you told me you were going to put me on your ignore list? Yet again, here you are whining and spewing nonsense about the things I said which can be verified with a simple google search. Turning to CNN will not get you the answers you seek.

Trump has released details of his health plan, he made it so hospitals have to reveal the prices they charge, and he is working on lower prescription drug prices (which could have already been done if the dems weren't too busy with something else). How about this time, you actually click on my username and then click on ignore? Ok, pal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1