HDTV?

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, i recently got a job and since i bum off my parents anyways for my rent and other random crap I decided to buy an xbox 360 and an hdtv next month of the one after, once I save up enough money, I was just wondering though, what hdtv would you guys recommend? I don't want anything bigger than 27inches because then it'll just be too expensive and i also would have nowhere to put it. I saw the samsung one, looked pretty decent, anyone have experience with any?

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
LE27S71B

Got this one in 40'' for about €900, PS3/360 look awesome on it. So a 27'' version would look even better I guess.
smile.gif

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone seems to be recommending samsung eh?
I'll go to futureshop tonight and check them out then, thanks a lot
smile.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sony use samsung screens in their TVs. Get a samsung as its cheaper. I love my 26" LCD HDTV samsung. Also theirs no such size as 27", they just use a bigger boarder round the TV.

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
his is a interesting topic considering my family and I will also be buying a hd tv soon and would like to know what brand to go for. It's either samsung or sony then.

I kind of hate sony for all the crap but crossblack is a good idea, does samsung have crossblack?

michaelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've posted something like this before, but it's worth saying again...

If you want plasma, I'd say the Samsung 42" provides a lot of bang for your buck. It's what we have in our apartment and it's been great.

Also keep in mind that if you're looking at a Sony plasma, it's a Samsung display (unless something's changed) at a huge mark up.

The bottom line is you should never buy a tv you haven't seen in person. Visit a few stores, make a note of the ones that look best and compare the models at different stores to make sure it's not just bad settings. You'll also want to pay attention to contrast ratios (10,000:1 for plasma) and don't be fooled in to paying too much more for 1080p.

Enjoy your purchase. The 360 is a whole new and beautiful console on an hdtv.

friedchicken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
asking w/o stating a budget gets to nowhere. but this is what you should be wanting
1. has atleast 1 hdmi
2. qam & atsc tuner

that said i recommend sony kdl26xbr. sony bravia series are one of the best but if you're looking for picture in picture, look elsewhere.

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
asking w/o stating a budget gets to nowhere. but this is what you should be wanting
1. has atleast 1 hdmi
2. qam & atsc tuner

that said i recommend sony kdl26xbr. sony bravia series are one of the best but if you're looking for picture in picture, look elsewhere.

Well, I'm looking for something around the 1k area but if i can find something more expensive and better quality, i'm willing to get it.
honestly though, my first paycheck is going towards tuition for my fall semester then all other paychecks are going towards hdtv, xbox 360 and possibly a sound system if i feel like spending more money (.. well, and a divx dvd player but thats only like 50 bucks).
But yeh, before work tomorrow I'll stop off at futureshop and check out their selection.
I have a $100 gift certificate from there too so i can add that to it as well...

Magus19

Trophies
Website
rotdteam.sourceforge.net
XP
Country
Canada
My parents bought a 1080p 40" LCD Samsung earlier the year and it really has a good image quality. The only other TV that was as good was the sony one, but it cost a bit more. Also don't get fooled into taking an extended warrenty unless there are children(they often see the panel as something fun to push to see the funny colors...) with access to the TV or dog that can reach it, it's really useless for normal use.

I played my new 360Elite on it and it was really something, especially with a good sound system, ours is starting to get old and it's only stereo, bleh. But it spoiled me because now I have to play on a crappy old CRT.I also have a Samsung 27" CRT but it doesn't fit on my desk( well it's not a desk but I have no idea of the english word for it ) where I but my consoles, so my sister use it. Also most 360 demo kiosk run on samsung lcds and only the 360 breaks. Anyway good luck in finding the perfect tv and happy 360 gaming.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Be careful with Samsung TVs. We have a 52" Samsung DLP and we have had to get it switched out 3 times already due to the bulb breaking. Good thing we got the extended warranty

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a nice Samsung HD TV a few months ago. It looks quite sexy, performs very well, and was rather inexpensive. I'm very satisfied with the purchase.

And DLP bulbs are a shortcoming of DLPs in general, not just Samsung.

friedchicken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if its $1000 usd and you want one of the best, i recommend you 32" sony bravia xbr2: KDL-V32XBR2
it's a sony so its not cheap but its quality. the styling is gorgeous. not a sony fanboy, i just think they make really good tv sets and i've seen its big brother in action. stunning. my sister returned he 52" sharp aquos for xbr2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Now she knows a tenth percent of what I go through when you send me pms
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My links could be wild life in nature or wild life in unnatural circumstances lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your links are the Ukraine Russia war
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden signed a income contract just so you can keep sending me the mutated things that you do
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That just look right with food coloring liquid running down it
    +1
    Muhahahaha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Blue omelette
    +1
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you