Hardware HDMiKey avaible for WII from wiikey team, wii on hdmi lcd tv

shiftyraccoon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
I wanna see the results too - compared to component on a big TV if possible?

I have my wii running on component n HDTV 480p setting but it's not a great picture (cheap TV may be the reason?)
Even if this product helps clear up the display a little bit it will be a big help to me!

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
I'd be interested in an hdmi adapter so I can hook up my Wii to a computer display (would be very welcome so I can use my Wii on my student dorm). I'm really not sure if this is worth 35 euros, though. For that price it should significantly improve the image quality and I have no illusions about that.

Are there any simpler (cheaper) alternatives?

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:
it's pretty much identical to the one i have at http://www.neoya.com/shop/wii2hdmi/
i've ran a lot of games on them and they don't look 1080p
tongue.gif
what about 720p?

sparriskrigaren

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Just try running Wii games on Dolphin at 1080p and you'll realize it's pointless.

This is probably the strangest post I've read so far. Have you even tried running Dolphin at 1080p on a big screen..? The improvement from running 480p natively on a Wii and letting your TV upscale it afterwards is MASSIVE. Night and day. I suppose the emulator renders everything in 1080p natively, or if it doesn't - is does a hell of a great job upscaling.

Of course, the HDMIkey won't do a better job on upscaling than the average TV will, but it will let you connect your Wii with an HDMI cable so you won't have to use the stupid component cables, which would be great for some. But your Dolphin example is just wrong.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
sparriskrigaren said:
CarbonX13 said:
Just try running Wii games on Dolphin at 1080p and you'll realize it's pointless.

This is probably the strangest post I've read so far. Have you even tried running Dolphin at 1080p on a big screen..? The improvement from running 480p natively on a Wii and letting your TV upscale it afterwards is MASSIVE. Night and day. I suppose the emulator renders everything in 1080p natively, or if it doesn't - is does a hell of a great job upscaling.

Of course, the HDMIkey won't do a better job on upscaling than the average TV will, but it will let you connect your Wii with an HDMI cable so you won't have to use the stupid component cables, which would be great for some. But your Dolphin example is just wrong.
Answer your own question. You won't be playing Mario Galaxy?in 1080p at full speed. Sonic Colors looks great in 1080p, but you need a beast of a computer to do it at a reasonable framerate.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
rayjay said:
Anyone got any comparison screens/videos yet?
Not yet. Developer is fixing a mayor issue when upscale is set on
closedeyes.gif

Meanwhile, you can check hdmikey's chip specs here:
CODEhttp://www.nxp.com/#/pip/pip=[pip=PNX15XX_PNX952X_SER_N]|pp=[t=pip,i=PNX15XX_PNX952X_SER_N]
See ya!

db256

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really on GBAtemp, like this, but i seen people posting about the HDMIKEY

I just got mine today. Now idk if im doing something wrong but i do the "Count lines test"
where i count the lines with component cable 480p vs the hdmikey. and i counted the same

The sound difference is noticeable, it does sound better when using it. I can tell the sound is enhanced the way it is supposed to be and even my TV says Custom (only says that on hdmi). however the signal is still 720x480

Now for the upscaling, idk if im doing anything wrong but it doesn't seem to set the display to what you want it to like 720p or 1080p.

It has a button to push in with a thin pen or toothpick. and it brings up this menu with 3 things
RESET
INFO
CANCEL

The thing that is weird is that, reset and info do the same thing. it goes to Factory default settings when you select either one of them. it waits 30 secs to reset it. then it goes back to the main display.

I tested 4 games
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Super Mario Galaxy
Sonic 4
and of course Smash bros brawl (weird thing it did with this, ill explain below)

TVC worked normal but again still 480p. i did the line count test and its still the same as component

Super Mario Galaxy, it gave me a disc read error at first (but i think that was my wii's problem but it was the first time that ever happened on this game) and put it back in and it worked fine. Same as before line count The same.

Sonic 4 the same

Now Super Smash bros brawl made the wii do something really weird that iv'e never noticed before. Idk if this is normal. But My TV show the resolution by clicking the info button as i stated above. Now when im in the Wii menu its 480p but when i start brawl my Tv says it just switched to 480i idk why.

the last thing i wanna say is. theres a Manager program for it but you gotta connect to the hdmi site on opera browser to configure it. You can get there on pc as well but you can configure it on pc (obviously because the pc doesn't have a Wii input). The problem is it says COMING SOON. and im sure thats what im supposed to do but, its not set up on the website.

if someone can quickly tell me how to upload pics here i will gladly do it

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
Here's a review someone made on a similar product: Wii2HDMI

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk31PRa4o-E[/youtube]

If it improves it a bit on a 1080p TV, I might get one in the future if it's not that expensive.
Looks as if he's in denial of being ripped off
smileipb2.png

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wonder why no one produces a "3dmwii", an upscaler that does not only 1080p hdmi but 3D 1080p hdmi.
Introducing some 3d effect like projecting onto a z-shifted or concave or convex plane should be easy algorithmically and computationally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn