Maidvelia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I made a small modification which switches to 480p mode before booting the channel, maybe someone else is interested. I did read on some sites that the wiiu does a poor job at upscaling to 720/1080p and picture quality is better if using native wii resolution (480p). But I often forget to switch before booting vWii so I made this modification of hbc2hbl (I'm only a hobby programmer so code might be horrible).

All credits go to Fix94 (as I used parts of his code from "wiiu-video-mode-changer")

(
location for hbl2hbc.elf is sd:/wiiu/apps/hbl2hbc
default hbl2hbc.txt included. location is root of sd card
)
Are you able to incorporate switching from HDMI to component from the wiiu-video-mode-changer into HBL2HBC and on reboot it's back to HDMI or is that too complicated? I use the OSSC with component for vWii mode but HDMI for Wii U mode.

Also are you able to incorporate turning off the deflicker for the system menu and games?

My main resolution is 720p (mClassic looks too "soft" at 480p) so I'm trying your 720p HBL2HBC. (=

Last edited by Maidvelia,

Windi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As far as I am aware, on
It doesn't work on tiramissu. :(
According to some other posts in this thread, you have the following options:
Set a Button or Autoboot in the Environmentloader to Launch the vWii at startup

Or

Use Aroma and Boot2vWii . I think there was a thread with precompiled forwarders for that one.

Reactions: zigoraty

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As far as I am aware, on

According to some other posts in this thread, you have the following options:
Set a Button or Autoboot in the Environmentloader to Launch the vWii at startup

Or

Use Aroma and Boot2vWii . I think there was a thread with precompiled forwarders for that one.
It's just that I would like the vwii to open in 480p and the wii u at 1080p.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
It's just that I would like the vwii to open in 480p and the wii u at 1080p.
I programmed that in yesterday into a separate branch: https://github.com/WiiDatabase/Boot2vWii
Now accepts a "FORCERES" parameter with NONE, P720 or P480. Just need somebody to test it if it really changes the resolution correctly and if it's also correctly set on vWii

EDIT: Merged into master

Last edited by Brawl345,

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

TeleTubby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I programmed that in yesterday into a separate branch: https://github.com/WiiDatabase/Boot2vWii
Now accepts a "FORCERES" parameter with NONE, P720 or P480. Just need somebody to test it if it really changes the resolution correctly and if it's also correctly set on vWii

EDIT: Merged into master

Just for my understanding: If I boot the vWii Menu in 480p, will all apps started from there remain in that resolution?

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yet another addition:

I didn't like that the config file has to be in the root folder of the sd card (I prefer the wiiu/apps/hbc2hbl/ folder) so I added the possibilty to use either
/sd/hbl2hbc.txt
or
/sd/wiiu/apps/hbl2hbc/hbl2hbc.txt
or
/sd/wiiu/apps/hbl2hbc.txt (dont use this location. just added this because elf file could also launched from here)
Sorry to bump this, but is it possible to make an Aroma port of this? I want to load Wii Injects in 480p without having to switch it every time. Thanks!

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible to edit the .txt file and boot hbl2hbc at 4:3 as well? I installed some neogeo wads on the vwii, and it only stays in full screen with the console set to 4:3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste