Hacking HBC 1.0.8 Mirrored controls - Please help

desh_thiere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, wii specs.

FW: 4.1E
CIOS: 17-19, can't remember which one, never went to ciosx. Also Hermes 222+223.

Hey guys, I know this is a common topic and I have read about it on the boards a lot, however I can't seem to get mine fixed and it is driving me insane.

So, on a whim, I recently update bootmii and HBC to do a new backup of the NAND flash. I have a launch model wii with bootmii installed as boot2.

So I update everything, then of course the new HBC is upside down as it has detected patched ios's on my system. I read around and found out I needed to replace the HBC channel ios with a clean one.

The ios was 61, so I grabbed it using NUSD, turned it into a wad file and then tried to install it using wad manager. It gets most of the way through the install and then gives me a err ret-1 on one of the files and does not install properly. Not sure what is going on here, and it is killing me I can't fix it.

Also, on a sidenote, when I launch NBA Jam from wiiflow (in which the controls are also mirrored) I go into the game and the controls are all messed up, can't get through the tutorial, character keeps randomly jumping. When I click home in the game, the wii menu controls are mirrored, but when I go back to system menu, the controls are fine.

I am dying not being able to play Jam
frown.gif
Can anyone help me out?

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Update, I can launch other games and play them fine, despite the fact that Wiiflow controls are upside down. Jam seems to be the only game that has the control issues. When I hit home, the wii menu controls are mirrored. Also, when I plug a nunchuck in during the tutorial, my character just continually jumps. When I unplug it, I can play it fine. plug nunchuck back in, he starts jumping again. I have tried different wiimotes and nunchucks.

Also, what is really confusing is that this all still happens when I burn the game and launch it from the disc menu using my original wiikey v1. So it is not just happening with my softmod

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would say to try reinstalling your ios files. sounds like you might have a broken or badly patched one. could also be the bluetooth module. its a weird problem, so i don't know the perfect answer. i had a unique problem a while back and i solved it by updating the ios and system menu to new clean ones.

get them from either sticky at the top. it comes with all the ios's for either 4.2 or 4.3 i forget exactly. just be careful with your system menu.

if all else fails update through nintendo and re-hack it.

desh_thiere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all of the help guys. I woke up this morning to try and fix it before work. Turned in the wii, went into HBC and the controls were not mirrored. I guess installing clean ios61 did work, even though it gave me err ret-1 on one of the files. Played NBA jam, nunuck and wii controls now work fine. I am a bit confused, but as it all seems to now work, I am very happy.

On a side note. Is is still worth me installing ios58? To allow hbc to use that instead of 61?

desh_thiere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, one last question.

When I went to install a clean ios61 is screws up on one of the files and does err ret-1. I assume this to mean some of it installed, but other parts didn't. Does this mean I have some screwed up partially complete ios61 on my wii? As far as I know, ios61 is only used for the shop channel, so it is not like I need it anyway. Is there any other effect a screwed up ios61 (if it is indeed screwed) could have on my wii or any games?

Thanks!

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, sometimes modified IOS61's have a really high version number so Nintendo can't install over them so there are two explanations:

1) You do not have the correct privileges to downgrade the IOS (in the case it has a super high version number, official IOS's would have lower version numbers)

2) You are trying to install a modified IOS without correct privileges (trucha patched, Identify patch...)

In both cases, you would need to run the manager with an IOS that has correct privileges (such as a CIOS)

desh_thiere

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok then, however now that everything seems to be working again, would it most likely be fine? Should I bother trying to reinstall ios61? Or just leave it as is?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is working fine, you wouldn't need to fix it. However, the future is unpredictable and if you do have a modified IOS, it may cause problems in the future similar how it could have caused problems today. It's your choice
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1