Having problems with R4 SDHC Dual Core

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by chromedome45, Jan 17, 2013.

Jan 17, 2013
  1. chromedome45
    OP

Newcomer chromedome45 Newbie

United States
    Hi All, 1st post and sorry for any Noob type questions but I am stumped. First off i have tried downloading the r4isdhc_white 1.51 file and have extracted to my Micro SD and have tried booting it. Alls I get is a red folder icon with the word "Menu?" So it seems like any file wether it be r4i.dat _ds_menu.dat etc wont run. I have tried TTMenu and renamed the ttmenu.dat to ILL.IL and that does work. I am wondering what other menuing systems are out there that might also work.

And on a side note I have tried flashing this card to the newest 3ds 4.5.10/1.4.5 firmwar with no luck. Just sits there and hangs on erasing! I have let it sit for 20 minutes and nothing happened. I really need to update the firmware in this card. Any advise would be helpful

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Sure you're getting stuff from the right site? Even a minor difference in the URL could mean a different size.

3. chromedome45
    OP

United States
    Yes it's the one printed on the box of the Cart packaging. www.r4isdhc.com. Don't understand why these .dat files won't run.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  5. chromedome45
    OP

United States
    This is the one I have: http://www.r4isdhc.com/download_white_new/ I even tried the Silver version and it doesn't work either. All's I really need to do is update the Firmware but that doesnt work either. Confused...

6. chromedome45
    OP

United States
    I Guess I will end up getting a r4i gold or an r4i 3ds. Or mybe or the cadillac dstwo cart. This card i have will not update. So I am under the assumption if you want to stay updated to Nintendos' newest firmware buy a new card. Lesson learned go with the bigger brands not clones.

7. zarabow
    This message by zarabow has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    Jan 30, 2013
  8. ernest
    This message by ernest has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    Mar 1, 2013