Hacking Having problems trying to run exploits on messed o3DS

Jubash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I messed the things up pretty badly

I tried this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ and this https://gbatemp.net/threads/beginners-guide-–-how-to-setup-your-3ds-for-gbatemp.399538/page-7 and I'm getting a blank screen and my 3DS freezes after I try to open the .dat/.bin file through browser. My o3DS is on sysNAND 7.2.0-17U, without any CFW or emuNAND atm. Any help?

EDIT: Using https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin seems to crash the web browser
EDIT2: It also seems that my Health and Safety app has gone... I'm at a lost

EDIT3: Well... let me tell the full story:
I bought a 3DS with rxTools installed, tried to inject FBI on sysNAND to install a .cia needed to play GBA games on rxTools and it failed, but since I didn't knew what unlocking method was used on the CFW installation, tried to install it again from scratch. I already formatted the SD Card (done a full backup of the content of the card before that) and formatted the 3DS itself. Since then, I'm facing all theses issues...
Is there any way to undo all this mess?

EDIT4: http://go.gateway-3ds.com/ also freezes my 3DS...
The ones that don't freezes the 3DS just crashes the browser with an error message

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You probably already tried it, but delete cookies/clear history before trying any browser related exploits. And maybe write what files you have in what folders and what version of rxtools you have in case there's a mistake there.

By the way love the Misery avatar!

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Jubash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You probably already tried it, but delete cookies/clear history before trying any browser related exploits. And maybe write what files you have in what folders and what version of rxtools you have in case there's a mistake there.

By the way love the Misery avatar!
Yeap, I tried, still nothing, tho.
I'm formatting my SD Card again at the moment (this time using the Nintendo recommended software to do so, last time was using the HP Formatting Tool), I saw somewhere that it may prevent some errors (at least helped other users with similar issues)
Regards the rxTools version, the last tries was using the #UnlockEverything pack (and always getting the "An error has ocurred", no freezes). Not sure what version is that, but already have the firmware.bin on the sys folder and slot0x25KeyX.bin on the root

Thank you! For the compliment and the help!
I will try again after the formatting ends and will report if anything (or nothing) changes

Jubash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright, something strange here
I use a MicroSDHC 64GB Sandisk card. Using it with my microSD -> SD adapter on the notebook let me use it normally, all it's 64GB, as it should. But the 64GB doesn't work on my computer with an old microSD -> USB dongle that I have. It always asks to format the microSD card. When I do this (and the result is the same for every method: formatting programs, diskpart, etc), the size of the card is virtually reduced to 32GB and works fine on the computer with the old USB dongle.
Now I inserted the SD formatted in this way (and with half it's size) in the 3DS and the Gateway Menu opened first try. Don't know if it was a coincidence, but gonna keep this way, I think. Best to lose 32GB at least for now (who knows if I find a solution in the future) than the access to rxTools altogether
Still backing up my sysNAND, will keep updated

EDIT: sorry, I keep forgetting important stuff
The same 64GB card worked in it's fullest before.

Last edited by Jubash,

Jubash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, the Gateway Menu continues to work every time, but I can't make the rxTools work. The browser always close with an error...
Whilst I was on the Gateway Menu, I tought of downgrading the firmware to see if anything changes. All it gave was a FATAL ERROR at the end of the proccess. Fortunately I backed up the sysNAND and now I'm back to the state it was before messing around with this menu
Some other tips of why the browser always closes? I'm following strictly the tutorial on https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
Downloaded the rxTools version point in the guide, put the rxTools folder on the root of my SD, firmware.bin on rxTools/sys, slot0x25KeyX.bin on the root...
Also tried deleting history and cookies several times, and many other workarounds like turning off wifi trying to load the page and back on with the browser closed, so it would open directly in the website that I was trying to, etc.
Is the link https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin the one that I should be heading to?

kennyhi123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, something strange here
I use a MicroSDHC 64GB Sandisk card. Using it with my microSD -> SD adapter on the notebook let me use it normally, all it's 64GB, as it should. But the 64GB doesn't work on my computer with an old microSD -> USB dongle that I have. It always asks to format the microSD card. When I do this (and the result is the same for every method: formatting programs, diskpart, etc), the size of the card is virtually reduced to 32GB and works fine on the computer with the old USB dongle.
Now I inserted the SD formatted in this way (and with half it's size) in the 3DS and the Gateway Menu opened first try. Don't know if it was a coincidence, but gonna keep this way, I think. Best to lose 32GB at least for now (who knows if I find a solution in the future) than the access to rxTools altogether
Still backing up my sysNAND, will keep updated

EDIT: sorry, I keep forgetting important stuff
The same 64GB card worked in it's fullest before.
you have a fake sd card..... if it say sdhc for a 64gb card

Jubash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you have a fake sd card..... if it say sdhc for a 64gb card
Actually it was SDXC! My bad (and thanks for the heads up)

Well, just made it! Tested with rxTools 2.6, starting the whole proccess from scratch, and the rxTools menu opened by http://launch.rxtools.net/
But I can't seem to install the Health & Safety exploit, 'cause I still don't have a Health & Safety app anymore... nor can I restore it. Will make some searches and tests, but appreciate any tips

kennyhi123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SDXC cards are not officially supported by 3DS family systems, please try an SD card with a capacity of 32GB or lower.
sdxc works perfectly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually it was SDXC! My bad (and thanks for the heads up)

Well, just made it! Tested with rxTools 2.6, starting the whole proccess from scratch, and the rxTools menu opened by http://launch.rxtools.net/
But I can't seem to install the Health & Safety exploit, 'cause I still don't have a Health & Safety app anymore... nor can I restore it. Will make some searches and tests, but appreciate any tips
are you missing the app on sysnand or emunand?

Jubash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I heard that you need to format them to fat32 using special tools, because fat32 was made for drives not bigger than 32GB.
I don't know how, but formatting from Gateway Menu made it recover it's original size and is in FAT32 format (that my USB dongle can't read, but my notebook with SD reader can... go figure)
Now I'm back with the rxTools Menu don't wanting to work again (browser error). I think it's better to continue this trial and error thing

Last edited by Jubash,
Reactions: SomeGamer

Jubash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some more updates...
I succeed(?) launching rxTools now almost every time with the link http://launch.rxtools.net/, but when installing files to SD Card, one X appears inbetween the [ ], where should be all ".", right?
I finally installed FBI too. The Health & Safety app still doesn't appear when I boot my 3DS, but appear on sysNAND and emuNAND if I enter by the rxMenu (here seems to be only a black screen with blue text, whereas I see in many other places to have a graphical interface). Opening the FBI on sysNAND/emuNAND I can see de .cia files, but they refuse to install on emuNAND and don't appear when "successfully" installed on sysNAND (neither in boot nor in rxMode). I'm trying to install the BigBlueMenu and sysUpdater, as an example.
And every time I go to the web browser to launch rxTools, the proccess of installing files on the SD card always occur (always with an X in this spot: [....x..])

I've been in this struggle for hours, trying to not post much and not bother too much, but I'm feeling frustrated and exhausted... :(
Anybody knows what's happening?
1CRK9pN.jpg

I think that this (and maybe my stupidity) is what is preventing me to succeed...

EDIT: Well, this seems to be a normal behavior, but I'm still not being able to install anything from FBI
Getting the Database does not exist error everytime even with the dbs folders in the correct place and "resetted"
Back to the searches

Last edited by Jubash,

Jubash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I solved it a few hours ago, and honestly, don't have a clue how I did it
For those who are facing issues, always search for solutions, even for things that not have much in common. Every bit of knowledge adds up and will help you to think of a solution.
Now I'm with sysNAND 9.2, and coldbooting rxTools with no problems. And both system files looks even cleaner and a lot more organized than originally was (and that was one of my objectives. I'm a little OCD about it...).
Stay determined!

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I solved it a few hours ago, and honestly, don't have a clue how I did it
For those who are facing issues, always search for solutions, even for things that not have much in common. Every bit of knowledge adds up and will help you to think of a solution.
Now I'm with sysNAND 9.2, and coldbooting rxTools with no problems. And both system files looks even cleaner and a lot more organized than originally was (and that was one of my objectives. I'm a little OCD about it...).
Stay determined!

Hah, say determined. I should remember those words when i start to stop believing in a kernel exploit for 9.3.

Reactions: Jubash

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.