• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I think that's one of the features of flashme when you actually flash the DS. You can press some key combination to boot directly to the slot-1 card, even if the DS's normal firmware won't boot.

hackermatt1337

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
okay, srrsly, were outta the stone age, why the hell do we want to risk bricking our ds's, its pointless to flash your ds except for removing the warning screen, but rlly, just get a r4 sdhc, acekard 2.1, cyclo ds, dstt, or a edge, its rlly not worf it people

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, well, it's not really that risky if you do it right. I think it's worth it to get rid of the warning screen.
tongue.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it'll also protect you from bricks if you accidently download one of the bricker applications thinking its a legitimate homebrew. but really, thats unlikely if you just stick to respectable sites you'll be safe.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this a while ago to my NDS Lite. Worked like a charm and I don't have to deal with that silly warning every single blasted time
biggrin.gif

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm thinking about flashing my DS Lite for a while now.

But, I have a few questions.

1. If I somehow power off the DS at 0% it will brick or stay alive?
2. With how many % I will be able to recovery from a brick?
3. I'm gonna install, 'Normal version : Boot-up logo and safety warning are removed.' v8a. Can I recover with a Slot-1 card if it bricks? (I use Cyclo DS Evo HW1.2 FW 1.55)
4. What's the best way to make a flash tool? May someone haves hints for a tool. (I already heart and saw a few ways, but the more ways/hints I have.. the better.
smile.gif
)
5. I should NOT move the flash tool to the right or left, since I would touch that other contact, right? I should just pop it in straight.

I also have a EZ Flash Plus 3 in 1.
Picto chats says I have FW v5 NDS Lite
wink.gif

Thanks,
Adr990

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. It'd brick
2. I think the general advice is 10%, but I've read of people recovering with as low as 3%
3. Yeah, I think you can, not sure about that card, but you will be able to recover with a slot1 card
4. Dunno, I haven't flashed my DS
5. Correct

But with a slot1 card, there's no real need to flash your DS. Its mainly for booting slot2 cards without a passme/no pass. The only benefit you'd get would be removal of health screen, and brick protection, but you are incredibly unlikely to brick your DS, as there are only two brickers, and niether are out in the open anymore.

Oh, and if you do brick your DS, its possible to recover without flashme being previously installed, by hotswapping the BIOS with another working DS Lite.

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
hotsawpping? I''ll google that up. Thanks.

And thanks for answering!

Now I just need the flashing tool.
smile.gif

I want to install it because of brick protection and those other little features.
smile.gif

And of course, a faster autoboot, if you remove the healthy screen.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, basically, you run flashme on a working DS Lite (only works for lites, you cant unbrick phats this way), then open it up, remove the BIOS chip, insert the BIOS chip from the bricked DS Lite, then start flashme installation. you continue the installation till completion, then power off the DS. remove the BIOS chip and put it back in the original ds, and put the other ds's BIOS chip back in. Then you have two working DS Lites, and the one which was bricked is now flashed, and the other one isnt (unless it was already flashed before you started). So if you screw up the installation, you can unbrick that way.

Ac-town

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't bridged the SL1 then you can turn off at 0%. I did it.

Also I flashed my DSL and my friends DS phat yesterday. Going to flash another phat in a few days. Fun times
biggrin.gif

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haha, indeed.
I do softmod Wii's and Ipods for friends and family.
tongue.gif
It's such a fun.
smile.gif

Say, How does your 'flashing tool' look?

You may also could take a pic?

Thanks a lot!
biggrin.gif

--

On youtube I saw a toothpic with foil wrapper over the cut top of the toothpic, and electrical tape around it all, with just the foil at the end open.
Is this the safes and best way to do it?

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
I actually flashed my DS Phat v3 today w/ a DSTT using YSMENU + Moonshell 2.05. I used version 8a of FlashMe_NoAuto.nds. After a few minutes of using it, I realized how much it was worth doing it.

By the way, I tried using the regular method of using a toothpick with aluminium and tape insulation, but it didn't work, so i just stuck in a VERY packed strip into the SL1 contact. No shocks, no bull****, although I seriously doubt if it's recommended to do that.

One question: I attempted using the Backup-booting (Start + Select when powering on DS), and the DS started booting my flashcard, but never got past the famous DSTT "Loading" screen, which gave me a bit of a shock, considering I might sometime stumble into the DS's viruses. Is it possible to fix this?

OR.....

Is it possible for me to just borrow a friends CycloDS and attempt running the backup booting from there?

Any help is greatly appreciated (E-cookies can be PM'd if necesary),

Simon

SIMEDIT: Almost at 700 people voting on the poll, we need more people to flash, or more visitors to this subforum
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    19 inches it was glorious lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If a racoon can fit up to 8-inches then so be it
    +1
    Lol it it fits I sit? Lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Will it blend lol
    +1
    Blended families!!!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Blended families!!!