• Total voters

o RedSheLL x

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I flashed my 2006 black NDSL and everything went fine, and I tried noflashme and stuff after, there'es basically no risk, bricking it is rare and use a toothpick with foil
biggrin.gif

DrYHeLL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Flashing..lights lights!!
do do do do do doo do do do dooo
She dont beleive in shottin stars but...

Oh sorry
cool.gif

I flashed noautoboot stealth because frankly I like the *switch flick* bududododo!
yeah some say the health screen is annoying which is why I dont pay atention to it and rather focus on the bududododo!

Also: I don't own a slot 2 device. I just like modding systems
yaynds.gif

P.S. I am an idiot
wtf.gif

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
i bricked my friends ds and he didnt want it.
there was this button combination that u could use
to play the cartridge whatever so i sold it to this guy
cos u still can play original games with it
but u cant go to the main menu.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be the emergency recovery code, which is the first thing written to the DS's firmware. You could have used that to bootup and continue installing FlashMe to unbrick it.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I flashed mine when i still used my cyclo DS evo.
I managed to brick my friend's little brother's DS on flashing process, i had to fix it with bios hotswap, what went smoothly.

I flashed and unflashed mine several times but at moment it has noauto version (so if i have some NDS data in 3in1 it will not autoboot to it)

Heatguyred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I flashed my phat ds to see if I could get brightness control, but my firmware was too old.
And I see no point in flashing my ds lite, since slot-1 carts boot automatically

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished flashing all 3 under warranty DS Lites in the house with the v8...

Did it cause we have an R4-III floating around and I read about the possibility of real R4 firmware harming it later, possibly...

I figure if there is "possibly" some risk, and FlashMe gives me an insurance policy... why not

Was as simple as most made it out to be, didnt even need the toothpick, used a bit of foil rolled up to about the size of the hole, then used scissors to cut the end so it was flat... worked flawlessly. Just followed the normal precautions of flashing any handheld... full batteries and plugged in.

On the last one i was feeling so confident, i accidentally let the foil break contact... put the foil back against it and it just continued.

Apparently, didnt happen to me, but if the power goes off or it gets shorted after the 1st few %... the recovery blocks are already written and you can recover a bad flash.

Heard a lot of people say that the newer lites dont need FlashMe as the newest firmware has such protection built in, but whose to say how long my DSs were on the shelf before being shipped/sold...

Edit: oh and not seeing that godawfull STUPID health warning and tap screen to continue ROCKS!

Edit2: Just bought another DS from a local game shop, brought it home, plugged it in, popped in my Acekard RPG which now has a "Utilities" folder with flashme noauto v8, and proceeded to flash it... had a friend over, showed him how i could remove the foil (was at 73%), and then put it back and it would continue... 4 for 4 now... no issues AT all :)

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Son of Science said:
I see no point in flashing. Little added features, none of them too useful. and there's a slight chance of bricking your DS. What's to like?

The RSA signature bypass > all other features.

No warning screen is good too.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Flashed my DS Phat when I had my Supercard SD, didn't see any point in flashing my lite when I've always had slot-1 cards for it.

flamesmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Im gonna flash my ds lite tonight, I hope everythings gonna be okay, should be, I mean recovory code is written straight away so i should be okay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...