Hacking Have I completely ruined my vWii?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No... Mocha is a CFW. RedNAND is just a redirection method that CFWs use.
Not true. You don't need CFW to launch redNAND. You can launch it just fine without Mocha and when running redNAND it takes the place of sysnand redirect or no. It's a CFW with sigpatches.

RedNAND was out long before Mocha and other CFWs. It was the first CFW and you never needed Mocha to launch it. Fix94 just added it to Mocha after a while

Last edited by Kafluke,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not true. You don't need CFW to launch redNAND. You can launch it just fine without Mocha and when running redNAND it takes the place of sysnand redirect or no. It's a CFW with sigpatches.
You can launch RedNAND without Mocha but you do at least need some sort of CFW even if it's just a patched fw.img. RedNAND is part of a CFW, it's not a CFW in itself. It also doesn't say anything about sigpatches, you could very well run a patched fw.img that has RedNAND and nothing else.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can launch RedNAND without Mocha but you do at least need some sort of CFW even if it's just a patched fw.img. RedNAND is part of a CFW, it's not a CFW in itself. It also doesn't say anything about sigpatches, you could very well run a patched fw.img that has RedNAND and nothing else.
Ok semantics but when you run redNAND by itself (without mocha) you're operating in a CFW state. That's all that matters.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have haxchi and mocha. Thanks to recommendations though from several people on gbatemp, I have avoided using rednand and several other things from the wikia guide. As others have said the wikia guide is full of holes and combinations that should never be used together.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1