Have any friends who quit gaming?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm asking this as my friend accidentally unplugged his 360, corrupting all his files and even his gamertag (which won't recover for some reason). That meant all the good times our friends had on Red Dead Redemption and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (which him and I are self-proclaimed pros at it) and his progress on MW2, Black Ops and MW3 - gone. Because of that, he's quitting gaming for good since he doesn't have the time to start fresh. That sucks since I won't have a tag team partner anymore for Assassin's Creed Revelations.

So, any of you guys/gals have friends who quit gaming for any reason/s?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gaming isnt an addiction (for most) its a hobby and you dont quit it, you may slow down when you have a partner who doesnt like it, like I did but you never entirelly quit, something will always peak yourinterest and your back into the groove again

Reactions: 2 people

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Gaming isnt an addiction...."

Hehehehehehehehehehehhahahahahahahahahahaahahhehehehehehehhehehhhhhehehehehaheaheheahehaeheheaahehaheheahehehheeheehehahehehaeheh

I THINK I MADE MY POINT

Reactions: 2 people

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have one friend that I think has so far declared he was cutting back on his anime. Hasn't yet, but he clearly had moments of crisis when I suppose he was in a slump.

I've had a few moments when if someone were to walk in the room and just meet my price for my ASL collection (it's a board game wargame that is worth in my case about 4000 bucks), I'd likely give him the rest of the board game wargames I have as well as icing (the rest of my stash is likely worth 500 bucks give or take a 50 dollar bill).

I usually recover.

I HAVE dumped a number of forums which I am sure in 2005 I would have never thought I would do. It has made it so I have almost defacto quit gaming in some respects. Used to discuss wargames every damn day for a few hours summed together. Now, I barely mention them anywhere.

I have a friend that quit EQ, but it took a few tries. WoW allowed him to get over EQ. He has quit WoW more times than I can recall. And in 4 instances he actually sold the account and was able to reclaim it later. I think he finally was able to ditch Wow, but that is because he moved on to other game options. Think he has gone more towards he console titles.

Thought my son would never stop playing WoW, but now, it's all Starcraft 2 for him.
Seeing him out of him room is a rare sight.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't quit, but I just uninstall certain games that are taking up way too much time. This includes:

Gary's Mod (mainly for TTT)
Ace of Spades (well I don't uninstall it, I just stop playing it. 24/7 hallway is fucking crack cocaine.)

Right now I like Goldeneye on Xbox360 despite typical pot smoking losers on efnet #fw channel saying the game entirely sucks. It is a pretty decent shooter after I played in a little bit. I want to play more after work :)

I also play halflife 2 deathmatch. That game is the most awesome game ever created.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, it sucks when we lose some gaming data... I had some games with everything completed, side-quests and everything unlocked for the ps2, the memory card where those saves were, disapeared one day (prolly someone removed it and my grandma thought it was trash and threw it away), I had hundreds of hours in each of those games, yet, it never occured to me to stop playing games just because shizz happens. xP
Like yusuo said, gamming isn't an addiction, I play games to enjoy them, the moment a game makes me change my routine because of that game, I quit playing that game, since games are supposed to be fun and not turning out to be some sort of duty we must do everyday. =O

Edit: Most of my friends in general don't like games, they prefer parties and clubs but among the few that like games, none of them has quitted.

SeZMehK

The Wielder of the Keyblade
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My parents are always telling me to stop playing video games because they strongly believe that it for little children only. My wife says the same thing to me. Video games for me is a hobby. There are times when I don't feel like touching the controller and there are times when I get pulled into a game where I need to finish it so I can see the ending (not in one sitting). Its really annoying hearing this everyday.

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While that certainly sucks, it seems like a pretty rash and hasty decision on his part.

As for the question, no. Some people (including myself) have had to limit the time they play because of school/work/etc., but that's about the extent of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-