have a thread sticky for Nintendo direct

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by nukeboy95, Apr 18, 2013.

1. nukeboy95
    OP

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
    every month usn gets flooded with Nintendo direct news like this
    [​IMG]

but if we had a stickyed thread named Nintendo direct like this
    [​IMG]
    there wud be less clutter
    (thank foxi4 for the concerns)

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Separate threads for separate games is better than one thread. It's way less confusing due to the many topics about a single object. Even with pokefloods, we have one thread for AP, one for general discussion, stuff like that.

I don't think a sticky is needed for a once-a-month thing that spawns 7 threads at the most, each with their own valid discussion just because the news all came from one event.

EZ-Megaman, Riyaz and Costello like this.
  3. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    I agree with Rydian. And this is why this guy is our Content Manager
    Oh you.

nukeboy95 likes this.
  4. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    While I don't think a sticky would be needed it'd be nice to have a thread made for announcement events like that. I'm thinking;

A Nintendo Direct thread per Nintendo direct that sums up all the announcements into a nice little bundle, and at the end links to a thread dedicated to said announcements in their corresponding forums. It could also be put up on the front page, sort of a highlights thread like we do for E3. Would be nice looking, and a decent change from all this recent homebrew that's been spamming the front page. (Not saying there's nothing wrong with homebrew on the front page, but that's all there is now a days besides the contests.)

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    I agree with the idea of giving a central thread additional attention, since many people (like me) weren't even aware of the event existing.