The Pokemon Company makes official statement regarding Palworld

aaa.png

From the moment that Palworld was publically unveiled, the comparisons of the game to Pokemon have been rampant. Despite that, Palworld's development team, Pocketpair, has stated that they're not concerned with any negative legal action, as the game is not infringing upon Pokemon, nor other IP copyrights. Meanwhile, the former legal team lead of The Pokemon Company expressed surprise at Palworld, saying he was surprised, "it got that far" when the game was released.

Further adding fuel to the fire was a Twitter user by the name of Byofrog, who began directly comparing Palworld models to Pokemon models, showing similarities between the two. While all of these comments and reactions have been from the public, Nintendo themselves haven't made any statement, until tonight. The Pokemon Company put out a short press release, specifically about Palworld. The full comment is as follows:

We have received many inquiries regarding another company’s game released in January 2024. We have not granted any permission for the use of Pokémon intellectual property or assets in that game. We intend to investigate and take appropriate measures to address any acts that infringe on intellectual property rights related to the Pokémon. We will continue to cherish and nurture each and every Pokémon and its world, and work to bring the world together through Pokémon in the future.

For now, there doesn't appear to be any immediate action that The Pokemon Company will take, but only time will tell if any sort of investigation leads to legal action.

:arrow: Source

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
We will continue to cherish and nurture each and every Pokémon and its world
Marketing speak for "we will continue to half-ass Pokémon games, pushing them out way before they're ready with barely any of the content or features seen in previous releases, and neglecting a bunch of older and less-popular Pokémon".

So in other words, complete bullshit.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Marketing speak for "we will continue to half-ass Pokémon games, pushing them out way before they're ready with barely any of the content or features seen in previous releases, and neglecting a bunch of older and less-popular Pokémon".

So in other words, complete bullshit.
The Pokemon Company speaks like Nintendo. They probably asked AI to generate a statement lol.

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like Nintendo, or TPC can do anything to Palworld, legally. I love to see the self-deluded numbnuts who think anything actually will happen.
Freaking mental patients.

Edit: Here, why don't you guys watch a video that actually shows LEGAL reasons why nothing can happen:

I think TPC only did this because people would literally not stop bugging them about it.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

RetroNerdGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably this fuckpipe that they hired at Nintendo, really wanted to do this just to see a reaction.
Honestly, I'd think competition would be GOOD for Pokemon to get off their ass and start doing things right.
Plus if something does happen frak me, what's going to go down with other -mon like games like Nexomon, and a few others?

Either way, though, I think death threats is going waaaaay too far at this point and none of those people have a valid platform to stand on. Heck, some are even falsifying evidence just to get their way with Palworld.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure there are similarities, but they aren't exact models of pokemon. Might aswell compare Pepsi and Coke if we are going to be woke for this. The idea of creating Pokemon mods was really stepping on Game freak's balls, so now this is just their response to that. They should make better Pokemon games and stop being lazy.....

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously they're fakémons. Question is if they're legally distinct enough. You can steal, you've just got to steal *enough* and *mix* properly. Then you're golden.

It's obviously a mashup game, a meme taken far enough it creates profit. But this is hardly the first game to be """"" inspired""""" by pokemon's assets, among other inspirations.

Only important thing for us is it fun? Or is it just enjoyable meme

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
If they sue and lost, fakemons becomes legitimate. It's a loss loss for TPC.
Post automatically merged:

Obviously they're fakémons. Question is if they're legally distinct enough. You can steal, you've just got to steal *enough* and *mix* properly. Then you're golden.

It's obviously a mashup game, a meme taken far enough it creates profit. But this is hardly the first game to be """"" inspired""""" by pokemon's assets, among other inspirations.

Only important thing for us is it fun? Or is it just enjoyable meme
What gamers want is definitely 'fun', as such is the number one essence that developers should pursue. It is like the most basic of gaming and the source of what makes gaming, the word 'fun'. If you ask me if the game is fun, I can tell you that the game is really fun hence the 8M sales from Steam I think is deserved regardless if the plagiarism is true. I think we should just let companies settle it themselves.

Last edited by ertaboy356b,

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure there are similarities, but they aren't exact models of pokemon. Might aswell compare Pepsi and Coke if we are going to be woke for this. The idea of creating Pokemon mods was really stepping on Game freak's balls, so now this is just their response to that. They should make better Pokemon games and stop being lazy.....

i must be the only person who doesnt think there are any similarities at all with pokemon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto