Gaming Has the Rayman Legends delay affected your decision to purchase the game?

Has the delay affected your decision to buy the game?

• I own a Wii U, and it has put me off buying the game

Votes: 32 31.4%
  • I own a Wii U, and I'll buy it anyway

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I own a PS360, and it has put me off buying the game

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I own a PS360, and I'll buy it anyway

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • The game never interested me in the first place

Votes: 43 42.2%

• Total voters

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would additionally like to point out that most of these boycotters are disgruntled Wii U owners. I don't see many non-Wii U owners complaining about this and vowing to boycott it. So in the end you're not just hurting game sales, you're hurting game sales for the Wii U. If Ubisoft sees the Wii U as a market not worth developing for because no one bought their game on it, they just won't develop for it.

So the end result is either A) the boycott is so insignificant it does nothing, B) the boycott is large enough to ruin all chances for a sequel, or C) the boycott is big enough on the Wii U that Ubisoft won't develop for the Wii U anymore.

Sounds like great options.
That is EXACTLY what I foresee if they boycott it. If anything, it'll show Ubisoft that they made the right choice by making it multiplatform.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Im annoyed at the delay as we wanted a new game for the wiiu and now i got nothing in that genre we can buy . By the time the game is released im not sure if i would buy it as there will be more choice around for my son . So what was a definate sale has become a maybe at best , so i didnt vote as i didnt have a relative option. But i guess the closest would be i would buy it anyways as the decision to delay has annoyed but not deterred me.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
...Sounds like great options.
I guess I'm of the mind that I don't really care if Ubisoft make any more games for the Wii U or not. I'm also not really denying myself anything, although I am denying my kids something but they'll get over it and there's plenty more fish/games in sea/world.

Many people think that this is a "I've waited for my pizza 15 minutes too long so I don't want it now - it's probably cold. Alternatively, I will gladly accept a free pizza." kind of situation except here the pizza's not really late - you haven't paid for it, heck, the pizza's not even out of the oven yet.
But it is out of the oven. The game is finished, the developers signed off on it, the oven "pinged"! You pre-ordered, Ubisoftthe proprietor told you it would be there in February45 minutes, so I can kind of see why people think this way, but I don't think anybody deserves a free pizza in this situation.

How is something that easily quadruples your profits dumb? There's a whole lot more of PS3/Xbox 360 owners out there than there are WiiU owners and trust me, if anything, this move saved the game from absolutely abysmal sales.
Nobody's saying they shouldn't have made the game multi-platform. But releasing a game that is ready and could be making money in the meantime whilst the others are being prepared could be considered quite dumb.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not a fan of Rayman. But I have to say, the latest release looked to be a good game (from playing the Wii U demo).

I was never really too arsed about buying it straight away though, maybe 2nd hand, or reduced.
However, it is a big kick in the teeth to gamer's who are really anticipating this release..even more so that the Wii U format is actually finished (so I heard).
Games such as Assassin's Creed 3 could have been delayed till the Wii U was released? But they didn't do that...all very odd I think.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But it is out of the oven. The game is finished, the developers signed off on it, the oven "pinged"! You pre-ordered, Ubisoftthe proprietor told you it would be there in February45 minutes, so I can kind of see why people think this way, but I don't think anybody deserves a free pizza in this situation.
Apparently it isn't because there are 3 pizzas on-order and they baked only 1 so-far.

xBASSxMONSTAx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ubisoft just gave all of us Wii-U owners the V sign by doing this. They should just of stuck to release date as they promised for several months. Why hold a finished game 7 months anyway? Surely it would be beneficial to start selling it now and throughout the summer holidays making them big profit and in September they would get an extra boost in sales from 360 and PS3 sales.

All that crap I'm reading about people saying 2 marketing campaigns will cost too much is bollocks, releasing the Wii-U version now would generate free publicity and marketing on its own through out the whole year making most 360 and PS3 owners want it more.

But my response to Ubisoft essentially backstabbing us Wii-U owners who have waited since 2012 for this game is that I'm showing Ubisoft they can not fuck us over like this, I'm not buying this game. They have lost a huge amount of respect as a company. I now view them like I do E.A.

Reactions: McHaggis

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently it isn't because there are 3 pizzas on-order and they baked only 1 so-far.
You're mistaken, those three pizzas are ordered by three different individuals, but they're letting one pizza go cold by making the delivery driver wait until the other two are baked so the driver doesn't have to make two trips.

I'm hungry :(

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You're mistaken, those three pizzas are ordered by three different individuals, but they're letting one pizza go cold by making the delivery driver wait until the other two are baked so the driver doesn't have to make two trips.

I'm hungry :(
If they made the delivery guy deliver 1 pizza at a time, they'd go bankrupt on fuel alone.

We should stop with the pizza delivery analogies - where'd you get that anyways, I had an actual restaurant in mind! :P

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If they made the delivery guy deliver 1 pizza at a time, they'd go bankrupt on fuel alone.

We should stop with the pizza delivery analogies - where'd you get that anyways, I had an actual restaurant in mind! :P
Wait wait, just one more... so you're arguing that they should deliver cold pizza to one guy because two other orders came in when his had finished baking? I'm sure that guy will remember this the next time he wants to order a pizza and go somewhere else. OK, now I'm really hungry.

I would additionally like to point out that most of these boycotters are disgruntled Wii U owners. I don't see many non-Wii U owners complaining about this and vowing to boycott it. So in the end you're not just hurting game sales, you're hurting game sales for the Wii U. If Ubisoft sees the Wii U as a market not worth developing for because no one bought their game on it, they just won't develop for it.

So the end result is either A) the boycott is so insignificant it does nothing, B) the boycott is large enough to ruin all chances for a sequel, or C) the boycott is big enough on the Wii U that Ubisoft won't develop for the Wii U anymore.

Sounds like great options.
What I find ironically hypocritical in your posts is that, in a recent piracy thread you said something along the lines of being a bastard and pirating most things because you don't give a fuck even though you know it's wrong. So you're happy not to give developers money when you're pirating and the publishers do you no wrong, but you call people stupid for not giving developers money when the publishers have done something like this. So are you going to pirate the game, or not? I expected better from you, Guild :rolleyes:

Quickly found it before posting:
Well that's not a very valid argument. Fact is that if piracy were not an available option, you may very well may have bought that game. For example, say I pirated Super Mario Galaxy 2 and I haven't bought a legit copy of it. If I couldn't pirate it then yeah, I'd probably buy it. However, since piracy is cheaper and I'm a cheap bastard, I'm now not gonna buy the game.

But let's not turn this into a big piracy debate thread, that's just my thought.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I find ironically hypocritical in your posts is that, in a recent piracy thread you said something along the lines of being a bastard and pirating most things because you don't give a fuck even though you know it's wrong. So you're happy not to give developers money when you're pirating and the publishers do you no wrong, but you call people stupid for not giving developers money when the publishers have done something like this. So are you going to pirate the game, or not? I expected better from you, Guild :rolleyes:

Quickly found it before posting:

But I don't try to justify my piracy with some moral excuse like it's a "boycott". I pirate because it's free. I try to support devs when I can but that's not always the case.

If you wanted a true excuse as to why I pirate I'd say low income. But even then I haven't pirated a game in months.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
But I don't try to justify my piracy with some moral excuse like it's a "boycott". I pirate because it's free. I try to support devs when I can but that's not always the case.

If you wanted a true excuse as to why I pirate I'd say low income. But even then I haven't pirated a game in months.
Nobody here is trying to justify piracy, just an actual boycott. And saying that doesn't make it any less hypocritical or damaging to the developer. Without trying to derail the thread, you could always support devs by buying the game when it comes down in price but, let me guess, you don't buy a game once you've already pirated it, right? And I wasn't looking for an excuse, either, I'm just saying that I find it amusing that you're so judgemental about one thing that is potentially damaging to a company's sales whilst being in favour of another.

For the record, I admire your honesty when it comes to piracy. It's more than you get from most people.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Guild McCommunist: Are you serious? Dude, I hope you are trying to be "funny" here with some messed up ironic statements... Otherwise your bitterness toward anything Nintendo-related is flabbergasting me!

On topic: It depends... I own all three current gen consoles and a WiiU so it depends on the games that come out in that time period for all those consoles. But eventually I`ll have to pick it up, since I thought Rayman Origins was quite good.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is this bitter towards Nintendo? I'm trying to make people not boycott the system so there's more games in the Rayman series and more for the Wii U for that matter. Hell I even say boycotting it will hurt the Wii U's chances of getting more Rayman games and that that's a bad thing.

Reactions: The Catboy

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wait wait, just one more... so you're arguing that they should deliver cold pizza to one guy because two other orders came in when his had finished baking? I'm sure that guy will remember this the next time he wants to order a pizza and go somewhere else. OK, now I'm really hungry.
I'm arguing that they can put one pizza on the wonderful device they call a "heater" which keeps it warm while the other two pizzas bake properly before delivering the whole batch. :P

...I shall now proceed to eat burgers.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is this bitter towards Nintendo? I'm trying to make people not boycott the system so there's more games in the Rayman series and more for the Wii U for that matter. Hell I even say boycotting it will hurt the Wii U's chances of getting more Rayman games and that that's a bad thing.

It's the boycott will only lead to negative things, especially to Nintendo , is what I believe is bothering him.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Except 30 mins or less or it's free.
Read the whole discussion - he was talking about deliveries, I wasn't. I was talking about a pizza that not only isn't ordered yet - a pizza that isn't in the oven because it's not ready. But let's imagine it is ordered - one order, three pizzas. You deliver the full order, you don't go on three trips. Have you ever ordered a pizza and had the delivery guy give you one pizza and tell you "next one's coming up in 10 minutes, thank you for your patronage"? Nope. :P

Now, no more pizza!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Read the whole discussion - he was talking about deliveries, I wasn't. I was talking about a pizza that not only isn't ordered yet - a pizza that isn't in the oven because it's not ready. But let's imagine it is ordered - one order, three pizzas. You deliver the full order, you don't go on three trips. Have you ever ordered a pizza and had the delivery guy give you one pizza and tell you "next one's coming up in 10 minutes, thank you for your patronage"? Nope. :P

Now, no more pizza!

Actually I have. The Domino's and Panago have done it multiple times.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Actually I have. The Domino's and Panago have done it multiple times.
...I know there's a refund for pizzas that arrive late, god! :lol:

Here, for your convenience:
Many people think that this is a "I've waited for my pizza 15 minutes too long so I don't want it now - it's probably cold. Alternatively, I will gladly accept a free pizza." kind of situation except here the pizza's not really late - you haven't paid for it, heck, the pizza's not even out of the oven yet.

And this is a pizza place where you physically have to approach the counter and order one, then pay with legal tender and wait for the pizza to arrive. Jeez... :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1