Gaming Rayman for the PS1 Review

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've recently finished Rayman for the PS1.
And I enjoyed the game, although is very short and I was wondering if it's just me whom felt that way.

Okay, so Rayman is a very short and hard to grasp game about two brothers, Charlie Babbitt and his brother, Rayman Babbitt, an autistic person.
The story of Rayman is strange... apparently Rayman's father died and left $3,000,000,00USD to the institution that took care of Rayman, but I don't know why Tom Cruise appears on the game, but he kept calling the other guy Rayman a retard. Didn't like that.

Near the middle of the game it turned into a gambling game and I swear I kept winning without me even pressing buttons... until Rayman told me to bet on the 20. It took control of my controller and no matter how hard I tried not to, it spent all my money.
As if the game played itself.

One thing I didn't liked is that Ubisoft didn't took the time to quality check the game. For one, instead of opening with the developer's name Ubisoft it opens with a wrong name that says: United Artist presents.
And the worst part is that my controller was unresponsive at nearly all times. Like I pressed X to jump but nothing happened. Sometimes I could move Rayman but all it did was groans and kept saying "I don't know" or sometimes would bang his head or walk the opposite direction I pressed and as for myself I don't even know if Rayman is supposed to jump because it never did.

One positive note is that Rayman fearures lifelike graphics and I don't know how Ubisoft achieved that with the limitations of the PS1.
Also, can't believe they fit all that in just 1 disc.
Simply amazing.
But again, it's a short game, 2 hours 15 minutes maximum.

Overall is a good game but it contains language not suitable for the rating it has which is E, so player's discretion is advised.
People often says that Rayman for the PS1 is a hard game, but aside of unresponsive controls I didn't found the difficulty to be that unforgiving.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on