Gaming Has the Rayman Legends delay affected your decision to purchase the game?

Has the delay affected your decision to buy the game?

• I own a Wii U, and it has put me off buying the game

Votes: 32 31.4%
  • I own a Wii U, and I'll buy it anyway

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I own a PS360, and it has put me off buying the game

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I own a PS360, and I'll buy it anyway

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • The game never interested me in the first place

Votes: 43 42.2%

• Total voters

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't since by the time I will be able to afford the Wii U and the game, it will have been out for at least a year.
At this point I don't even know if I would buy the game since I'm terrible at Rayman.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ubisoft will know at this point that their actions have resulted in people boycotting the game―enough people have told them that they'll be doing that. Following through would show them that they could have sold more if they didn't have their heads up their arses.

I seriously don't think enough people will boycott to make Ubisoft lose more than chump change. But, like I keep saying, it's the principle of the issue that matters to me.

Well sure, going by how Origins sold, this is probably a foregone conclusion, which was, no doubt, baked into their delay calculations.

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Won't affect my decision at all. I buy what I believe is a good product. I won't have a Wii U until fall anyways. IF the game exceeds the quality of origins, I'll most likely get it.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it was this month exclusive for the Wii-u, I'd buy it for my Wii-u. Since it's now multi-platform, I will buy the game for Xbox 360 most likely. I like to be able to install games to the hard drive, so I prefer the 360 version.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it was this month exclusive for the Wii-u, I'd buy it for my Wii-u. Since it's now multi-platform, I will buy the game for Xbox 360 most likely. I like to be able to install games to the hard drive, so I prefer the 360 version.

So the 30 exclusive levels won't matter to you?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So the 30 exclusive levels won't matter to you?
Erm...and your source for this would be...?

I doublechecked the user announcement thread again, but it doesn't say anything about those levels being wiiu exclusive.

That said, I think the wiiu version will still be the best version, for the obvious reason that it uses the extra screen.

@Obveron: if you buy the game from the estore, it does install to the hard drive. I'm playing AC3 this way (though I admit I wouldn't suggest buying it this way if you don't have a decent connection...it's a pretty long download).

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Erm...and your source for this would be...?

I doublechecked the user announcement thread again, but it doesn't say anything about those levels being wiiu exclusive.

That said, I think the wiiu version will still be the best version, for the obvious reason that it uses the extra screen.

@Obveron: if you buy the game from the estore, it does install to the hard drive. I'm playing AC3 this way (though I admit I wouldn't suggest buying it this way if you don't have a decent connection...it's a pretty long download).

Too lazy to look for the video, but it was a news segment on screwattack.

Saw it a couple days ago.

PrimeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
At first I was very mad about the delay and I could have sworn that I'll never get it, but after seeing the GREAT support that Ubi is giving to Nintendo, I'll gladly buy it. Well, people change :D

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Too lazy to look for the video, but it was a news segment on screwattack.

Saw it a couple days ago.

Im shit outta luck looking for this info. All i seem to find is , during the release delay they have coded 30 more levels cross platform and the wiiu will have an exclusive gamemode , and will receive the online challenge gamemode as an exclusive demo , along with one exclusive level Murphys Dungeon. I think the 30 levels are cross platform . Which would make sense really.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im shit outta luck looking for this info. All i seem to find is , during the release delay they have coded 30 more levels cross platform and the wiiu will have an exclusive gamemode , and will receive the online challenge gamemode as an exclusive demo , along with one exclusive level Murphys Dungeon. I think the 30 levels are cross platform . Which would make sense really.

But at the same time, sources say it isn't exclusive... huh, maybe a mix up. This needs clarification, because I can see why some would think it's exclusive or timed.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt they're exclusive. If they were afraid enough of Microsoft to delay for a simultaneous release, then they're not going to give exclusive content to a different platform when Microsoft also reserve the right to deny licensing for "inferior" versions on the 360.

I might have changed my stance on this, now. Ubisoft do seem eager to make it up to Wii U owners and my kids really love the game (demo uses have run out!), so I'll probably buy it at some point.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt they're exclusive. If they were afraid enough of Microsoft to delay for a simultaneous release, then they're not going to give exclusive content to a different platform when Microsoft also reserve the right to deny licensing for "inferior" versions on the 360.

I might have changed my stance on this, now. Ubisoft do seem eager to make it up to Wii U owners and my kids really love the game (demo uses have run out!), so I'll probably buy it at some point.

I actually wish it would become exclusive. I wish more games started making the inferior version available on the 360, or none at all, and have fans bitch about it and then maybe Microsoft would change that fucking bullshit rule they have.

Microsoft: "Hey Ubi, why does the WiiU get the bonus stuff?"
Ubi: "They've waited a lot longer than you guys have"
Microsoft: "Oh well, your game isn't allowed on our platform"
Fans: "What the fuck Ubisoft?! Why aren't you bringing it to the 360?"
Ubi: "Blame Microsoft. Because of their rule we're not allowed to now."
Fans: "What the fuck microsoft? Grow the fuck up and let them release it whenever they want!"

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually wish it would become exclusive. I wish more games started making the inferior version available on the 360, or none at all, and have fans bitch about it and then maybe Microsoft would change that fucking bullshit rule they have.

Microsoft: "Hey Ubi, why does the WiiU get the bonus stuff?"
Ubi: "They've waited a lot longer than you guys have"
Microsoft: "Oh well, your game isn't allowed on our platform"
Fans: "What the fuck Ubisoft?! Why aren't you bringing it to the 360?"
Ubi: "Blame Microsoft. Because of their rule we're not allowed to now."
Fans: "What the fuck microsoft? Grow the fuck up and let them release it whenever they want!"

To a certain extent, I agree with you, although I don't agree with punishing the fans who have done nothing wrong (unless you count buying a console without knowing every aspect of the manufacturers terms, which you shouldn't). It's the kind of situation where you'd expect the publishers to have the power rather than the manufacturers, who are nothing without big publishers like Ubisoft.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the demo, was moderately impressed through the first two levels. I thought the graphical style improvements were beautiful, the gameplay adjustments were smooth, and the overall experience was acceptable. Then I played the running level. Now I want it more than anything, and will gladly wait.

I am curious how they'll tailor the Murphy segments to the PS3/360 versions, and if there will be a significant loss in gameplay due to it, but since I'm just going to get the Wii U version anyway, I really don't care.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious how they'll tailor the Murphy segments to the PS3/360 versions, and if there will be a significant loss in gameplay due to it, but since I'm just going to get the Wii U version anyway, I really don't care.

One can only hope he'll be excised entirely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: