Has my WiFi died? 103-1603, 103-1604

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by cramhead, Feb 28, 2017.

1. cramhead
    OP

cramhead Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    Hi
    my wii u can see my wifi network but wont connect to it. It happened all of a sudden.
    I deleted all the connections. All the new ones fail the connection test giving error 103-1601 - 103-1604
    I've tried taking the battery on the side of the console out for 15 minutes and re-trying but that doesnt fix it. Any ideas?
    I want Zelda :(

2. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    had ya tried to restart the router?
    if the consoles sees the SSID\available routers, that means the wifi card works lol...

3. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    ever since i installed CBHC my wii u had network issues. its weird and i have no definitive proof (other than myself, you and 1 other user) indicating issues. last night i almost threw my gamepad out the window when it i booted up and it said cannot connect to wifi.

i rebooted the router and it worked fine. i really think there is some kind of patch that messes with the settings somehow inadvertently. again i can't explain why but it happens.

restart the router is my solution, but good luck. also it seems like when you use an alt DNS for the wii u with CBHC it causes the issue.

4. cramhead
    OP

cramhead Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    yeah re-booted router
    It happened before and now it comes back the day Zelda comes out........

5. cramhead
    OP

cramhead Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    I've now done a full factory reset on the router and it still ain't connecting......Cry