Has anyone tried Phantasy Star Online with Nintendont?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Gavin Barrows, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Gavin Barrows
    OP

Gavin Barrows Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2014
    United States
    Star, Idaho
    Just wondering. The compatability list says it won't work but I wanted to see if anyone has got it to work at all. One of my fave games ever so I was really looking forward to playing it.

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    It doesn't boot at all. It's missing some patches.

3. Goku Junior

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Better ask this in the Nintendont thread, there are all developers and probebly see your message there.

FanLuigi likes this.
  4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It's actually pretty hard to "boot" PSO on anything other than a Gamecube with a Network Adapter, at least in my experience. I think it works on DIOS MIOS now, but it took a while and a good couple of revisions to get it to boot.

5. Rob Blou

Rob Blou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    It also works on devolution if you have a legit copy

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Devolution won't help him on a Wii U as it does not accept miniDVD's and finding an adapter for MiniDiscs that will work with a slot-loading drive is pretty much impossible.

7. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Devolution lets you verify the disc on your Wii, and still play it off an ISO on your Wii U. It's a huge hassle, but possible for people who didn't get rid of their Wii. But the whole Anti-Piracy thing is really rather ridiculous. People could just go to GameStop, buy a used copy of whatever they want, verify the disc once, and return the game to GameStop for a refund.

8. Rob Blou

Rob Blou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    yep and Devo is the only way to play online on private servers (without a GC)