Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does work for the 002 ban but not the 022 ban and not everyone has another 3DS to dump a legit Freindseed.bin so it's not really necessary to call people idiots.

Apologies for calling people idiots but all I know is that I was banned because I went online in Pokemon Sun and I followed that guide and I can now use online again.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for calling people idiots but all I know is that I was banned because I went online in Pokemon Sun and I followed that guide and I can now use online again.
But I'll bet a million dollars you can't use the eShop (if you can access it, you won't be able to complete downloads)
Try to create a new NNID and see if you get the 022-2812, you most likely will. So you're still banned, and if Ninty goes to unban you while using a cert from another DS say hello to permaban.

Reactions: Queno138

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It does work for the 002 ban but not the 022 ban and not everyone has another 3DS to dump a legit Freindseed.bin so it's not really necessary to call people idiots.
Not to mention, it is not a true unban, it is more of a workaround.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I did this yesterday, and I guess I'll do it again

What we know so far:
- Bans were handed out to people who played Sun and Moon online before release date
- People who connected to the internet in game and used the Festival Plaza features were struck
- Reviewers and people who were sold a cart early were hit too
- You're safe if you played the game with Wifi enabled, just don't use online features in the game itself
- Some people were able to skirt around the ban and were lucky
- If you were hit with an error code starting with 002- you can fix that with this method http://i.imgur.com/VC8DIdB.png however we don't know of any side effects, and you need another 3DS
- If you're banned...mystery gift still works? lol

What we're unsure of so far:
- We don't know if Mystery Gift bans you. Conflicting reports were posted
- enMTW is still being coy about giving any sort of concrete detail. For now, we can do nothing but ignore him until proof comes
- There seems to be a way to unban yourself with NTR, but we're not sure of details
- We don't know how long the ban will last, and whether it is permanent or temporary

What I am personally speculating:
- If you can sign in on the Miiverse website on a phone/computer browser, it is a temporary ban
- If it is temporary, the ban will be gone within 2 weeks
- Ban waves are over
- The bans had nothing to do with the CIA version, the fact that it was a digital copy, or anything like that. I think that Playing Online b4 release = BAN. Regardless of circumstance.

DashAhead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I happen to be perma-banned despite this being my 1st ban, I'll just wait a couple months and try to do some social engineering and play dumb. That seems like a last resort unless an safer, more efficient unban method is discovered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.