Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Repost from the other thread, I'm really curious:

Has someone used my default MAC configuration? :P I got 4 streetpass hits, SignZ, bianka, kamiyan and ERV-MX, my MAC is this one:

A6-F3-C1-0B-C6-7E

I can't change it yet, but back on this thread I posted my current unchanged MAC adress, when I received the streetpass hits I was "WTF finally I did it", but I gues that's not the case, just someone of you used my MAC configuration :P.

BTW my mii is Dartz150 and has a Pixelated Mario Cap, last software used: M&L: Dream Team Demo
Well, I'm one of them. :P
Did you change your SSID to attwifi yet?

Reactions: DSoryu

KARAGUNIS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For everyone who wants to create an AP with Windows7/8
You need:
A. a computer/laptop/tablet with built-in wireless network card
or
B. a computer/laptop/tablet with a wifi USB dongle (wireless USB adapter)

(*Because of the limit of WIN7/8, the second hex digit of the MAC must be 2, 6, a or e)
(*ethernet is unnecessary)
(*don't need any software to change MAC)
(*don't need any software to create hosted network with built-in wireless network card)

=>If you are using [A. a computer with built-in wireless network card]

Fist, change your MAC
1.open [Device Manager]
2.find your wireless network card under [Network adapters], and double click on it
3.click [Advanced] tab
4.select something like [Network Address] or [Locally Administered Address] in [Property]
section
5.select [Value:] and enter the MAC address you want ([Not Present] is the default)
6.press [OK]

Then, create a hosted network
WIN7: press [Start], enter [cmd] and hit [Enter], right click on [cmd] and select [Run as
asministrator]
WIN8: open [charm bar], press [Search], enter [cmd], right click on [cmd] and select [Run as
asministrator]
2.input [netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key=password](change "password"
to any passwork you want)
3.input [netsh wlan start hostednetwork]
(*you can input [netsh wlan stop hostednetwork] to turn off the hostednetwork)
4.go to [Control Panel]=>([Network and Internet]=>)[Network and Sharing Center]
5.you will see [attwifi] there, it will show [Local Area Connetction*##] after [Connections:]
(## could be any number)
6.find the network which is connected to the Internet, click the words after [Connections:]
to open the status
7.click [Properties], click [Sharing] tab, check [Allow other network users to connect
through this computer's Internet connection], and select [Local Area Connetction*##] (the
connection of the hostednetwork[attwifi]) (maybe you don't need to select because you only
have two connections)
8.press [OK]

Finally, change your 3DS network settings
1.open your 3DS, open [System Settings], click [Internet Settings], search [attwifi] and
enter the passwork
2.close [System Settings]
Last step: turn your 3DS into sleep mode (suggest) and wait for streetpass!
(*you can't use nintendo zone app because your are using an AP with encryption)

=>If you are using [B. a computer with a wifi USB dongle (wireless USB adapter)]

Fist, change your MAC
1.open [Device Manager]
2.find your wireless network card under [Network adapters], and double click on it
3.click [Advanced] tab
4.select something like [Network Address] or [Locally Administered Address] in [Property]
section
5.select [Value:] and enter the MAC address you want ([Not Present] is the default)
6.press [OK]

Then, change your soft-ap's SSID to [attwifi]
you could either retain the encryption or remove the encryption
If you remove the encryption:
Just turn your 3DS into sleep mode (suggest) and wait for streetpass!
If you retain the encryption:
1.open your 3DS, open [System Settings], click [Internet Settings], search [attwifi] and
enter the passwork
2.close [System Settings]
Last step: turn your 3DS into sleep mode (suggest) and wait for streetpass!
(*you can't use nintendo zone app because your are using an AP with encryption)

==================================================================
Because I'm a Taiwanese (Chinese), it's hard for me to make this [HOW-TO]. Maybe there is
something that I didn't express clearly. I'll be glad if someone points out my mistakes.
hi.!
what do u mean change your soft-ap's SSID ? my router's ssid? if yes ,i have already done that and nothing happens. its not that simple . i have a pc windows 8 , with a usb wifi on it, and a router in another room .(not ddrwrt like everyone is using here) . is it possible to succeed with my configuration??
i ll try again though

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it, did you get my Streetpass data?

He probably won't get data for 8 hours since he most likely seeded it. Someone else will want to hit it and see if the data comes through (which it most likely will)

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope can you please try 06-1B-9E-28-FB-B2?

00 one is for wireless network connection and 06 is for virtual wifi. i assumed 00 is right, but?

You won't be able to get a streetpass hit for 8 hours if you seeded it first.

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
By the way, my Mii is called Ramon and is brown with a King's Hat. I'm sure I must've encountered some of you guys by now.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
=>If you are using [A. a computer with built-in wireless network card]

5.you will see [attwifi] there, it will show [Local Area Connetction*##] after [Connections:]
(## could be any number)
6.find the network which is connected to the Internet, click the words after [Connections:]
to open the status
7.click [Properties], click [Sharing] tab, check [Allow other network users to connect
through this computer's Internet connection], and select [Local Area Connetction*##] (the
connection of the hostednetwork[attwifi]) (maybe you don't need to select because you only
have two connections)
8.press [OK]

weird, it says internet in status but 3ds says no internet check dns blablabla
forced google dns in 3ds and it's ok, waiting for a streetpass

edit : YEY GREEN BLINK !

Reactions: luyaoting

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Added!

If I get more requests to add MACs, I'll start 2nd page and compile the personal MAC's there. List is OK for now.

i am really sorry, but can you please change my MAC from 00-1B-9E-28-FB-B2 to 06-1B-9E-28-FB-B2

i assumed i had to enter my wi fi card's MAC but i had to enter virtual hotspot MAC.

thanks in advance.

luyaoting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
hi.!
what do u mean change your soft-ap's SSID ? my router's ssid? if yes ,i have already done that and nothing happens. its not that simple . i have a pc windows 8 , with a usb wifi on it, and a router in another room .(not ddrwrt like everyone is using here) . is it possible to succeed with my configuration??
i ll try again though

oops, my mistake
=>If you are using [B. a computer with a wifi USB dongle (wireless USB adapter)]
Fist, change your wifi USB dongle's MAC
1.open [Device Manager]
2.find your wifi USB dongle under [Network adapters], and double click on it
======================================================
Have you changed your wifi usb dongle's MAC?

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Repost from the other thread, I'm really curious:

Has someone used my default MAC configuration? :P I got 4 streetpass hits, SignZ, bianka, kamiyan and ERV-MX, my MAC is this one:

A6-F3-C1-0B-C6-7E

I can't change it yet, but back on this thread I posted my current unchanged MAC adress, when I received the streetpass hits I was "WTF finally I did it", but I gues that's not the case, just someone of you used my MAC configuration :P.

BTW my mii is Dartz150 and has a Pixelated Mario Cap, last software used: M&L: Dream Team Demo

sec let me ... meet you ;) you are on attwifi ssid I assume ?

Reactions: DSoryu

KARAGUNIS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
oops, my mistake
Fist, change your wifi USB dongle's MAC
1.open [Device Manager]
2.find your wifi USB dongle under [Network adapters], and double click on it
======================================================
Have you changed your wifi usb dongle's MAC?
yes i found the "network address" of the usb wifi .and i changed that. i confirmed it via cmd /ipconfig command.
then what? i go to my routers page and change the ssid? i have done that also. what mac did it work for u?

SPjunkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tane,

If you could try this out it would be most appreciated.
C0:3F:0E:8F:2B:1A bssid

I think that is the right one, but the router has another one listed too.
C0:3F:0E:8F:2B:1B

The ssid is attwifi
Netgear router

I'm in the same boat as a few others here, as I can get on the Nintendo zone just fine, but can't change my mac address on the router. If this works...cool.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think