Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm wondering about this as well (especially the "Streetpassing with yourself" part). I guess the hotspot has to.... Well, honestly I don't know how that would even work. I doubt the hotspots run a small server thing but they could connect to, for example, some relay server which stores all the Streetpass data for each hotspot. That could/would make it harder to do with a Nintendo Home Zone.. (I'd love to be proven wrong tho)

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The update note says that it's not posible to configure a "normal" router to do the Streetpass relay... but I wonder if someone is able to do a "software" to do it, maybe this will be the portal we needed to unlock the "streetpass tunel" theory.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Pretty sure relaying require special software, so it might take a while. But then, if someone figured out how (by researching the streetpass signal), we probably don't even need NZone.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Pretty sure relaying require special software, so it might take a while. But then, if someone figured out how (by researching the streetpass signal), we probably don't even need NZone.

Even we can have an streetpass tunnel, that would be possible if the relay thing is actually a "file" stored in some sort of hardware.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Sometimes, I really wonder how the NZone router looks like. Can't someone slip it out like the dev units ?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
its a shame we can't take advantage of our routers to get the miis i don't have any nintendo zones in my area whatsoever so my situation will not change even though nintendo is trying to improve the streetpass service its not enough, they should have increased the number of nintendo zones in the south east but ah well what can you do :( just wait for a streetpass hack thats what i can do lol

Reactions: signz
D

Deleted User

Man I really wish I could get peoples street-pass data just from staying at home, I swear nobody has a 3ds in Australia.

Reactions: signz

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a streetpass relay server could be made by users, then you could possibly create an internet streetpass relay server that can take streetpass data from every 3DS, and store it in a centralized, homebrew server, and with it you can then download streetpass data from as many people you want, without even leaving your home, and get the streetpass data from people around the world.

Reactions: jalaneme

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a streetpass relay server could be made by users, then you could possibly create an internet streetpass relay server that can take streetpass data from every 3DS, and store it in a centralized, homebrew server, and with it you can then download streetpass data from as many people you want, without even leaving your home, and get the streetpass data from people around the world.
If such a thing existed who would pay to host this server in theory? Its a nice idea but too consuming in both time and resources.

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it.
No one figured out how to the DS work with a program such as XLINK Kai due to how the DS sent packets.

So unless someone figures out how NiFi's (Nintendo WiFi) protocol to work don't expect this to happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over