Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but in a guide i read about dd-wrt router, it did the exact same thing... !
Not sure what guide your using.... Anyways the MAC your changing is the wired connection and the 3DS never even sees it. It only sees the wireless MAC of the router and many routers don't give you the option to clone that MAC without flashing special firmware to them like DD WRT or OpenWRT

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone had any luck using that Virtual Router Plus/Macshift on windows 7?

If not, any other android methods to try? Been trying to make it work on android for 2 days, but I'm losing hope in it, tried many mac spoofers, I can even get wifi tether to work anymore, and the program a GBATemp member posted here too, none worked so far.

Hoping I can finally get it working.

Dragoon709

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list
1. Download 3.3 beta 2. (although 3.4 experimental should work).
2. Change SSID to attwifi (_The Cloud would be optimal, but the app does not allow for spaces in SSID.)
3. Enable Mac Address Spoof
4. Change MAC to whatever you need.
5. Wait for a minute. You should connect automatically shortly, and then a streetpass should follow.

That app is the most simple method of doing this on a rooted Android device for me so far because it has the spoofing mechanism in the tether application. I am currently looking for another tether application that would allow for spaces in SSID and use of the MAC Address Ghost app, which allows for profiles of MAC Addresses.

The most data I've used is 100 kbs down and 500 kbs up with a hit. But YMMV, watch the meter.

I've tried this on my Girlfriends rooted Galaxy Ace2sx and everything seems to work but I can't connect. When I look at the log everything passes except setting the MAC address. That fails on both version 3.3beta 2 and 3.4 experimental.

Any chance any of this will work on an iPhone?

joemari5

Trophies
XP
Country
I've edited my post.

I can't seem to see a "Network Address" option under my current Wireless Connection, though there is an option like that in my Ethernet Connection. Would it work if I connect it to a cable instead of over Wifi then setup an AP/hotspot?

EDIT: Oops. Trying something. Will update in a minute.

pavlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Not sure what guide your using.... Anyways the MAC your changing is the wired connection and the 3DS never even sees it. It only sees the wireless MAC of the router and many routers don't give you the option to clone that MAC without flashing special firmware to them like DD WRT or OpenWRT
thank you so much ! i figured it now that you mentioned ! i was changing wireless mac address !one last question: is there any firmware to hack my router and change its physical mac address ?(i have windows 7 starter )

Algernop Krieger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've changed my character's shirt to white for that damn Find Mii level that's shrouded in darkness, and I'd love it if some others here did the same. I have yet to meet a guy with a white shirt.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After 3 days, 2 laptops, one smashed router, one almost smashed router.....

I got the almost smashed router to work. So if anyone gets Rev from Alaska, that would be me. Got 2 hits so far.

If you get mine, PM me, please. I'd like to know.

Reactions: dicamarques

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After 3 days, 2 laptops, one smashed router, one almost smashed router.....

I got the almost smashed router to work. So if anyone gets Rev from Alaska, that would be me. Got 2 hits so far.

If you get mine, PM me, please. I'd like to know.

I'm glad to hear it. You've been trying for quite awhile.

Algernop Krieger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to work.

Changed to a white shirt. Seeded it, possibly. No streetpass from it.

Dude, you're awesome, thanks.

This might be worth adding to the spreadsheet: I've uploaded my white-shirt character to 4e:57:48:53:52:54 and I'll be keeping him on there regularly. If anyone else is interested, that MAC address should get you a white-shirt guy.

If you do use it, please be sure to change your character's shirt to white first! Otherwise you just gave some poor guy a non-white shirt!

edit: Hi Rev!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated