Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes it really depends on the phone and the android version you are running. Those are for my gnex 4.3 stock.
actually try an older version of wifi tether (not 4.3 experiemental) because if memory serves they changed some settings on 4.2 onwards which were not backwards compatible so look for an older wifi tether version.

Found out something new: If I select Ad-Hoc for the method, it does show the spoofed MAC through the terminal. But it SSID name seems to automatically be set to TetherFallBack or something like that. I can also connect my laptop to it and then have internet through it. No success with Nintendo Zone though.

But I'll try your suggestion. Will probably do that tomorrow though, spent enough hours on this for today and I need to make dinner.

bonzibuddy64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nevermind - all I had to do was update the DD-WRT firmware to the most recent version and then the StreetPass hits started popping up. Woohoo!

Reactions: [Truth]

keyser3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I'm luyaoting from Taiwan with a Japanese 3DS.
I successfully hit Jimmy & Jrave from America a few hours ago with my Dell latitude 10 Windows8 tablet.
Because of the limit of WIN7/8, I set the MAC as 62-36-DD-7E-05-B9 & A6-F3-C1-0B-C6-7E (the second hex digit must be 2, 6, a or e).
Then, I created a hosted network which
SSID: attwifi
Encryption: WPA2 <=!! (WIN7/8 can't create a hosted network without WPA2 encryption.)
It worked fine for the streetpass relay! (need to change 3DS wireless settings)
(But if you open the nintendo zone app, you will receive an error.)
oMNOYQh.jpg

02JTCt2.jpg

How to Change or Spoof MAC Address in Windows?
How to Change or Spoof MAC Address in Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003/2008, Mac OS X, Unix and Linux
How to Create Wireless Hosted Networks in Windows?
How to: Create Wireless Hosted Networks in Windows 7

confirmed to work! Just streetpassed Rashef from Poland!
I'm using Windows 7, macshift to change my mac and Virtual Router Plus to create the connection.
Remember to: use macshift on a command prompt with administrator privileges and to use the wired internet with the Virtual Router Plus (also, disconnect from any wifi you're on).

Reactions: luyaoting

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah - I've checked, and the MAC isn't changing, even though it's enabled and set up properly. Any idea why it'd be doing this?
Some hardware isn't compatible with MAC spoofing even though the option's there in the firmware. You'd be better off trying another route. Nevermind I saw your newest post :)

Ok, after over an hour of digging into this on Android 4.2.2, I have to admit defeat. I'm on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus (toro) with CM10.1.2 (4.2.2). Here's what I've done:

First, this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=32222083&postcount=8

Evidently the problem stems from unlocked devices having busted MAC address info in part of the bootloader partition. As such, unless you have a custom kernel that addresses that, your phone will have a slightly randomized MAC every time it boots. And even if you do, it stays the same, but still can't be changed. And no amount of spoofing seems to do anything to that. Also, it means any method that requires a reboot is completely moot.

So, I did all those steps in the above link. It's not for the light hearted, and is a bit dangerous. But, at the end, my phone is finally saying its MAC is 40:53:50:4F:4F:46. However, it's making no difference whatsoever. All the tethering stuff I did is doing the exact same thing as before I tried this. In other words, I'm still at square one, with nothing to show for it (except a fake MAC address that doesn't do anything except look different).

So yeah, I'm just going to buy a DD-WRT compatible router when I get the chance.

Thank you for figuring this out as I have the same model of phone as you. I'm confident I can do this if it all comes down to it, but it's highly inconvenient. I think I'll try using my RasPi.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm luyaoting from Taiwan with a Japanese 3DS.
I successfully hit Jimmy & Jrave from America a few hours ago with my Dell latitude 10 Windows8 tablet.
Because of the limit of WIN7/8, I set the MAC as 62-36-DD-7E-05-B9 & A6-F3-C1-0B-C6-7E (the second hex digit must be 2, 6, a or e).
Then, I created a hosted network which
SSID: attwifi
Encryption: WPA2 <=!! (WIN7/8 can't create a hosted network without WPA2 encryption.)
It worked fine for the streetpass relay! (need to change 3DS wireless settings)
(But if you open the nintendo zone app, you will receive an error.)
oMNOYQh.jpg

02JTCt2.jpg

How to Change or Spoof MAC Address in Windows?
How to Change or Spoof MAC Address in Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003/2008, Mac OS X, Unix and Linux
How to Create Wireless Hosted Networks in Windows?
How to: Create Wireless Hosted Networks in Windows 7

Hey, I just streepassed you! Thanks for boosting my Warrior's Way army to nearly undeafatable status! Also, yeah, turns out my router actually is DD-WRT compatible. Pretty painless setup.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, I just streepassed you! Thanks for boosting my Warrior's Way army to nearly undeafatable status! Also, yeah, turns out my router actually is DD-WRT compatible. Pretty painless setup.
Speaking of Warrior's Way.. I've met a couple guys (kings) with 9,999,999 soldiers who I could either greet peacefully or fight (without any chance, lol). Some other king (with about 200k or so soldiers) gave me a couple ones when I greeted him peacefully but the 9,999,999 ones didn't.. Is it totally random or do I have to greet them x times? (I know it's kinda off-topic)

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of Warrior's Way.. I've met a couple guys (kings) with 9,999,999 soldiers who I could either greet peacefully or fight (without any chance, lol). Some other king (with about 200k or so soldiers) gave me a couple ones when I greeted him peacefully but the 9,999,999 ones didn't.. Is it totally random or do I have to greet them x times? (I know it's kinda off-topic)

I'm yet to see a pattern, either. But the funny thing is, I got 3,000 from him up there. It was about 4 times more than I needed for the next battle. I felt like I was cheating. Then I got to the next one, and it was me against 8,000. So much for that.

HuskerFan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind - all I had to do was update the DD-WRT firmware to the most recent version and then the StreetPass hits started popping up. Woohoo!

Which version are you on now? Which kind of router are you using?

I'm using a WRT54G and I can get to the Nintendo Zone, but I can't get my Streetpasses.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm yet to see a pattern, either. But the funny thing is, I got 3,000 from him up there. It was about 4 times more than I needed for the next battle. I felt like I was cheating. Then I got to the next one, and it was me against 8,000. So much for that.
I kinda wish we'd get either all of them or like 10% but that all the time, not randomly. (with the 9,999,999 10% would be enough already, lol)

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version are you on now? Which kind of router are you using?

I'm using a WRT54G and I can get to the Nintendo Zone, but I can't get my Streetpasses.
I'm using a version 3 WRT54G. Sometimes while being impatient while using the web page GUI if I clicked on another tab before the current fully refreshed it would cause problems. Go to each tab (MAC clone, ssid, and security) and hit save changes even if the settings look right and makes sure the page fully refreshes. Then just be sure reboot the router. It cleared the problem usually (and I've had to do this more than I care to admit lol).

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, from today please all migrate to
SSID attwifi
MAC 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46 or "NSPOOF" ASCII (:40-:4F at last octet for group addresses)
I will start using this values from tonight 01:00am UTC+4

attwifi have no restrictions on some APs and 4E at the first octet have no restriction on Windows 7/Vista, so we all will have more diversity with StreetPass.

Next week I'll update script for DD-WRT and we will have a title-dependent ASCII-readable addresses for each StreetPass-compatible games.

What do you mean by NSPOOF?
Nevermind, already found out.

pavlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
im using a belkin N1 wireless router which connects to our modem (primary connection) . the thing is that only belkin supports mac cloning ! also, i ve used both attwifi and _The Cloud and although i can use nintendo zone (viewing videos etc) i cant get a streetpass ! whats the matter ? am i doing something wrong?
ps: i use the latest firmware for my router and i reboot it every time so i m really must missing something but what? thanks in advance

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using a belkin N1 wireless router which connects to our modem (primary connection) . the thing is that only belkin supports mac cloning ! also, i ve used both attwifi and _The Cloud and although i can use nintendo zone (viewing videos etc) i cant get a streetpass ! whats the matter ? am i doing something wrong?
ps: i use the latest firmware for my router and i reboot it every time so i m really must missing something but what? thanks in advance
You mean only supports MAC cloning? Then no it won't connect to us because it's has to be the Wireless LAN of the router specifically.

Algernop Krieger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And there, added a new script called auto-spoof-attwifi.sh. It'll allow you to specify a range within the CSV file, and for every row, it'll change your MAC address to that row, activate hostapd for 60 seconds, then repeat.

Attachments

• spoof-attwifi.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 144

MirkoD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm trying all the weekend now to bringt my Backtrack 5 to work with Streetpass but no luck.
I'm using Backtrack 5 in a VirtualBox and as Wifi USB i have the "Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector" by Buffalo which works well in Monitor Mode.

Perhaps someone of you can give me a hint what i can do now...

Here's what i did so far:

1. Startet Backtrack 5 in Virtualbox and installed it on a Virtual HD.
2. Installed dhcp3-server "apt-get install dhcp3-server"
3. Created a new dhcpd.conf with the following:
ddns-update-style ad-hoc;
default-lease-time 600;
max-lease-time 7200;
subnet 192.168.2.128 netmask 255.255.255.128 {
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.128;
option broadcast-address 192.168.2.255;
option routers 192.168.2.129;
option domain-name-servers 8.8.8.8;
range 192.168.2.130 192.168.2.140;
}
4. Started wlan0 in Monitor-Mode "airmon-ng start wlan0"
5. Tested it on Monitor-Mode "aireplay-ng -9 mon0"
6. ifconfig mon0 down
7. Spoofed the Mac with "macchanger -m 40:53:50:4F:4F:46 mon0"
8. ifconfig mon0 up
9. Starting the AP "airbase-ng -e "attwifi" -c 9 mon0"
10. Some further Configuration as found in a manual:
ifconfig at0 up
ifconfig at0 192.168.2.129 netmask 255.255.255.128
11. routing the Traffic "route add -net 192.168.2.128 netmask 255.255.255.128 gw 192.168.2.129"
12. Using dhcpd.conf "dhcpd3 -cf /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf -pf /var/run/dhcp3-server/dhcpd.pid at0"
13. Starting dhcp-server "/etc/init.d/dhcp3-server start"
14. Flushing ip-tables and setting up new ones:
iptables --flush
iptables --table nat --flush
iptables --delete-chain
iptables --table nat --delete-chain
iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface wlan0 -j MASQUERADE
iptables --append FORWARD --in-interface at0 -j ACCEPT
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

FINISHED

I can almost do anything but the Nintendo Zone and therefore no Streetpass...
My 3DS has full Internet-Access but when i enter Nintendo Zone i have no connection...
It always tell me that i can use the Nintendo Zone but nothing works...
Any hints?

I did choose that way because my Wifi-Stick is not supported by hostapd...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1