Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep these macs should be organized and managed.

I'm not sure that would work - just yet. Everyone is going to keep switching MACs because they want to farm StreetPasses. Once this all calms down, maybe they could be specified for specific trading. But I imagine right now, everyone is just excited to get StreetPasses at home. (this is the case for me at least!)

Reactions: signz

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I started thinking about the time when I didn't have a wireless router. I finally found my old usb wireless adapter. I'm wondering if setting up a windows softap with it bridged to my wired connection will work.

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep these macs should be organized and managed.

Duo8 - I thought about this a bit more. It makes more sense to me. I'll post some "suggested" community's next to each PRIME MAC -- can you list the games that use StreetPass for passing information? I'll try to organize them into the 10 we are using.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I started thinking about the time when I didn't have a wireless router. I finally found my old usb wireless adapter. I'm wondering if setting up a windows softap with it bridged to my wired connection will work.
I'd say it depends on your adapter. I for one am/was lucky that my stick/dongle came with a software (ZDWlan, the stick is a ZyDAS stick I ordered from dealextreme 4 years or so ago, probably even more lol). With that software I can set up an AP and give it a SSID and other stuff (no MAC tho, but that's what I got Macshift for).

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Duo8 - I thought about this a bit more. It makes more sense to me. I'll post some "suggested" community's next to each PRIME MAC -- can you list the games that use StreetPass for passing information? I'll try to organize them into the 10 we are using.
These are my streetpass games:
Theatrhythm FF
Sm 3D land
Pkmn rumble blast
Kid Icarus

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it depends on your adapter. I for one am/was lucky that my stick/dongle came with a software (ZDWlan, the stick is a ZyDAS stick I ordered from dealextreme 4 years or so ago, probably even more lol). With that software I can set up an AP and give it a SSID and other stuff (no MAC tho, but that's what I got Macshift for).

I have 2 of them. The first one I had back when I was on Windows XP, an ASUS WL-167g. Thing worked wonderfully until I switched to Win7 and lost driver support. The second one is some no-name white and black adapter I got from Amazon. There was/is a review that explained what drivers to download and use that worked like a charm. Currently trying to find that review page again, but being an unbranded adapter is giving me fits.

I remember using an old DS networking FAQ on GameFAQs as a basis for my settings as well, but that thing was dated back when I was on XP even.

In regards to setting up MAC's for certain games, it was just a suggestion since I know some games have way more important things tied to Streetpass than others. Like Animal Crossing.

If anything a General/Everything MAC, a mac or two for certain high traffic games (AC), and then maybe group stuff up based on genre. ie: RPGs, Fighting/Racing

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theatrhythm FF
Sm 3D land
Pkmn rumble blast
Kid Icarus

Excellent - while you listed that, I found this list (I don't think it's 100% accurate)

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/StreetPass

If we could organize that list in to "Type of Game" (i.e. Platform, RPG, Action, whatever) -- then I'll list those similar types for specific MACs.
If someone has the time and could organize them into Type/Genre, I'll post them up.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Theatrhythm FF
Sm 3D land
Pkmn rumble blast
Kid Icarus
There's also Animal Crossing New Leaf, Fire Emblem Awakening, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Denpa Men 2, Samurai Warrior Chronicles, Dead or Alive 3D, Mario Kart 7 and Kingdom Hearts 3D.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Got it working on my Sony Xperia S. I did it like KaleoOmega

But on my phone there was no .nvmac.info file. So i did a little browsing (i use ES Datei Explorer btw.) until i found a file called "fw" in /data/etc/wifi/ with just my mac address inside.

If you have something different try searching all your "wifi" folders on your phone for a file with your mac address inside. Some guides say you need to turn wifi off to find the file.

You know its working if your phone shows the spoofed mac under Settings->About Phone->Status

And you can use wpa2 psk too!

I get a hit in a few seconds after turning 3Ds Wifi on. No longer than 1-2 Minutes.

Tried all these mac's

40:53:50:4F:4F:46
40:53:50:4F:4F:47
40:53:50:4F:4F:48
40:53:50:4F:4F:49
40:53:50:4F:4F:50

Yesterday i only got hits on 46 and 47. KaleoOmega from USA Wyoming and Signz from Germany. Today i got Miis from all mac's :D

Diogo from Portugal (two times), Vidnez from Canada, Signz again and Katsup from USA.

I'm just Mario from Germany, wearing a Mario hat ^^

I see one problem in this mac cycling thing. If you cycle trough, you register your mii to every mac adress and the next user only get one hit because its all the same mii on every adress. I think the fact that i met Diogo twice totay was because i got him first, played with him in Mii plaza and collected then 4 more Miis, including him again. But we need some more input on my thoughts. Maybe i'm wrong.
:D DIOGO it's me :D I used 2 mac's 46 and 47

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone absolutely confirm that the SSID matters? That's the one thing I can't seem to pin down yet. I hear/read conflicting reports that switching SSID's on the same MAC is resulting in multiple hits. Has anyone else experienced this?

If that's the case, then I would suggest we use the same SSID regardless of where we are. Unless the 3DS only picks up certain SSID's for their area (i.e. NA, EU, etc). If we can figure this out, I'll post it on the sheet.

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone absolutely confirm that the SSID matters? That's the one thing I can't seem to pin down yet. I hear/read conflicting reports that switching SSID's on the same MAC is resulting in multiple hits. Has anyone else experienced this?

If that's the case, then I would suggest we use the same SSID regardless of where we are. Unless the 3DS only picks up certain SSID's for their area (i.e. NA, EU, etc). If we can figure this out, I'll post it on the sheet.
The only way to test this would be for someone to set a MAC with an SSID and seed it, then someone else uses the same MAC with a different SSID to receive, and don't broadcast it out in public so the test gets messed up.

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Tried 46 with attwifi. No second hit. So changing SSID will not get you multiple hits on same mac.

Amigos2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just in case anyone had the same problems I've been having, I finally managed to get it to work. The problem somehow arose in the order that I changed my routers MAC and reset my ISP's Modem. Beforehand I would change my MAC, then turn the modem off and on which did not work. However, by first of all turning the modem off, then changing the router mac and then turning the modem back on, worked. Don't understand why as either way the mac address has changed.

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would be surprised if that actually worked. But then again, I'm surprised the thing we are doing works.. :D

But we don't know which Mii is registered on 46 so it could be that it's still mine. That would explain too why i'm not getting a hit^^

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be surprised if that actually worked. But then again, I'm surprised the thing we are doing works.. :D
Same results. Streetpassed on 46 with _The Cloud about an hour ago. Changed it to attwifi and haven't received a second hit on 46. I've sat here for 10 minutes. Nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-