Harvest Moon DS-GBA Link on DSi XL?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by romanaOne, Jan 31, 2015.

1. romanaOne
    OP

romanaOne GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero
    So I am a little late in discovering Harvest Moon DS and got used to playing it on a DSi XL.

I got the GBA Harvest Moon and plugged both into my DS Lite to unlock the extras, but man oh man is that DS Lite screen small! Also, the DS Lite feels like it is about to fall apart in my hands, what with its legendary (lack of) build quality.

Is there some way to play the full game on newer, big screen DS units which do not have slot 2?
    Some flashcart voodoo perhaps? A cheat code? patched version?

Update: so I tried an R4 "Revolution for DS" (Wood interface) with the option "link to GBA" on. I found Karen from Mineral Town over at the bridge on Tuesday, so I think the link is working. btw, I tested both with real FoMT cart and 3-ini-1 and both seem to work.

siFippo likes this.
  2. romanaOne
    OP

romanaOne GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero

Update: All that is needed is the save file from the DS Lite (the regular .sav file, not any wacky flashcart-specific RTS stuff) once you have unlocked the extras using the FoMT cart. I transferred my save from DS Lite/Revolution to DSi XL/Supercard, no problem and the FoMT-enabled extras did not go away.